Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2007, 02:12 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times

Advertisements

Why do you come to these boards?

I came here originally wanting to discuss the state of NC with other Carolinians. BUT! then curiosity got the better of me and was trying to figure out what people moving here out of state thought about NC, their reasons behind moving here, and why they seemed on concentrating on such specific areas.

So was wondering what ya'll came here for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 03:00 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
I come to try to help people learn about the state or about the city they're moving to or wanting to visit.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:53 PM

633 posts, read 2,540,836 times
I am here to learn more about the state I am planning on moving to This place helps me to learn more about the different areas (both good and bad) and for me to make a more informed decision.

If you visit every city's chamber of commerce page, they will all look like Main Street USA. They won't tell you about the new freeway that will be next to your new home, or what the traffic congestion might be like during rush hour, etc. Here I can find out this information.

It is a great forum and very useful tool for us out-of-staters planning our move.

Thanks to everyone!

Old 04-19-2007, 04:56 PM

787 posts, read 3,582,709 times
I have lived here all my life. I thought I might could help someone out with specifics about the area at least that I live in or have lived in.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:02 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
aww, you guys are great!!!!!! What nice posts!

Old 04-19-2007, 05:30 PM

306 posts, read 1,306,116 times
I came to this site, by way of google, when I was hunting for a rental home in Wilmington, NC. Curiosity got the better of me and I took a look at what was being written about my chosen hometown of Cary. Gosh... I was a little shocked by some of the generalizations. I feel an obligation to put an alternative perspective out there. Everyone has a personal bias; but the more opinions from residents, the more potential for overall balance.

This forum is predominantly focused on relocation discourse and I am glad to share what I have learned about North Carolina. I have been here just five years but I have a growing sense of belonging. One day I may well return to England but for the time being I want to contribute to this community. I happen to enjoy the local city discussion from current residents. I see the slant here as being suburban and exurban. Moderator cut: no links to competitor sites per TOS, thanks

Last edited by da jammer; 12-28-2007 at 04:28 PM..

Old 04-19-2007, 05:47 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,486,415 times
I have found out that 2 of my neighbors visit this site too! Imagine that! And our neighborhood only has 24 homes in it!

Anyway, it is a great place to pick up info on the area, find likeminded folks, etc....

Dawn

Old 04-19-2007, 07:13 PM

577 posts, read 1,901,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
Why do you come to these boards?

I came here originally wanting to discuss the state of NC with other Carolinians. BUT! then curiosity got the better of me and was trying to figure out what people moving here out of state thought about NC, their reasons behind moving here, and why they seemed on concentrating on such specific areas.

So was wondering what ya'll came here for.
I was wondering what all the hype was on people evacuating their home states and why.

Last edited by NC man; 04-19-2007 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina