U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-09-2010, 05:51 PM

37 posts, read 67,487 times
JDLJR Thank GOD you are back. Now we don't have to guess anymore. Sincerely, Thank You for all of your help and sharing your knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 05:55 PM

656 posts, read 702,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
Good News! The Jobs bill passed the house today and a vote is expected tomorrow or thursday in the senate which will pass the current extensions until the end of 2010!

THANK GOD they are not waiting til the last minute this time, so now maybe the system can get caught up!

AND then people can focus on contacting the senators about adding a tier 5 or 6 program for states that hit especially hard!

I am thankful for this improvement, but to those hit the hardest it just delays the inevitable and I hope that the issue of long term unemployment can be tackled next!
woohoo!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:57 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,359,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobegone View Post
thanks jdljr!! what is an NIE? How do I know if I have a balance of tier 2 funds? Shouldn't I?
Technicallly if you qualify for Tier 2, YES, you should have a balance of Tier 2 when your Tier 1 exhausts. However, sometimes the system hiccups and does not put this balance in there, and therefore a transaction has to be attempted to get it to post as it should have.

NIE means "No Intervening Employment". It simply means that you did not have a different last employer since your claim was filed, and is terminology we use to mean we need to reopen the claim (for whatever reason, it has sort of stopped). Not that you've done anything to cause it to close, but the claim needs to be prompted to open up a new pay week and possibly establish funds from a pot of money (Tier 2 for example) that didn't set up when it should have.

Anyone that exhausts any tier of EUC (Tier 1, 2, 3, 4), should automatically qualify for the next higher tier when they exhaust their current tier. So yes, it should automatically transition to the next tier, but sometimes it doesn. More often now than before, with all the new programming that has had to be done.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobegone View Post
Lastly (hopefully *smile*) am I correct in thinking that what I made from 1/1/09 till the date I became unemployed (approx 4/10/09) will determine the viability of any second claim? And how?
Yes, sorta. When you need a new beneift year in 4/10, the base period at that time will be all four quarters of 2009. If you have wages in just one quarter of 2009, no matter the dollar amount, you wouldn't qualify for regular UI (but still attempt a new benefit year anyway, as they can bring forward any unused extension money from your old benefit year at that time). If you have ample wages in at least two quarters of 2009 (at least $4,550), you would qualify for a new, regular UI claim. Then, when you exhaust the regular UI claim, you'd either qualify for extensions in your new benefit year (if you meet the 1.5 times rule), OR if you don't meet the 1.5 times rule, then any unused EUC from your previous benefit year would be eligible to be pulled forward to the new benefit year.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:05 PM

10 posts, read 10,961 times
I hope to have some good news tomorrow,i got a call from a nice gentelman at the RAL office this afternoon,He stated to me he was working on my situation on overpayments which add up to 780.00 dollars and my profile is frozen.I have already received a letter from the ESC stateing they want their money back,but in the first letter I was told I could appeal any decision by March 12th the gentelman said I should go to the local office and file for a waver of overpayment,I guess I will do so before I hear back from him?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused10 View Post
can someone help me please...while filing my claim on 3/6/10 I wasn't able to. exhaustion of benefits.had a message said 2/27 has been claimed on a new benefit year. today 3/9/10 I got a letter stating that I wasn't eligible due to insufficient wages base period. I have been through 3 tiers and the pull forward from an existing claim. was to be for 2/27 I guess cause of the message has been claimed.I also got another letter stating i was eligible for second tier for the one week you know the overpayment again. what is going on I can't file. I have talked to everyone at the esc and told me that I was added to tier 1V. should I protest tomorrow or should I just assume that 2/27/10 message that the claim is on a new benefit year. please help I'm going crazy here.
Well, a new benefit year would not have been opened for you unless you initiated it, with one exception. If your employer is filing an attached claim for you each week, then they're taking care of everything and their filing would have opened up a new benefit year. But I don't think that's the case, you're probably filing yourself (not still attached to your last employer).

If I were you, I would visit your local office and sit with a rep and look at the screen with them, have them explain exactly what tier you're in and what the status of your claim is. If there are any "15" codes (which means benefits exhausted), they need to check several screens to make darn sure that everything is exhausted and you're waiting for Tier 4. Many times there is a "15" code but it's premature and a transaction needs to be put through manually to get the claim to kick back into whatever tier it needs to be in, or EB, if eligible.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
OK so i "assume" that if they do the pull forward at that once a month time, that they would Back Pay any missed weeks all at once????

ALSO question???? I would theoretically do the roll over at the end of April... IF I do not automatically roll over---- is it better to WAIT until that once a month time??? Or should I call at once and have someone take a look at it manually??????

AND for a tier 3 rollover, would I call my local office??? Or do I need to call Raleigh to get that manually done???

Thanks a million!
Yes, they should back pay for any weeks that you've certified for that you're eligible (if the system has allowed you to certify while waiting for the pull forward).

It wouldn't hurt to contact your local office to make sure that's what you're waiting for...hopefully they'll be able to identify that. Then, when the first part of the month rolls around, hopefully the programming would pick up your claim and pay.

Not sure what you mean by Tier 3 rollover. If you exhaust Tier 2, you should automatically go into Tier 3 without any manual intervention (although that doesn't always happen). Any tier of EUC, for that matter, when you exhaust, you should automatically go into the next one for as long as your benefit year lasts. When it expires, then you'd need to start a new benefit year, and either regular UI or unused extension money brought forward.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
ALSO this may sound dumb, I had started EB before my first year ended... and did that for about 3-4 weeks I think

QUESTION--- does that affect my TIER 3 amounts/weeks at all???
i would think NOT but who knows?
No, EB does not affect Tier 3. Different programs.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrd111 View Post
I hope to have some good news tomorrow,i got a call from a nice gentelman at the RAL office this afternoon,He stated to me he was working on my situation on overpayments which add up to 780.00 dollars and my profile is frozen.I have already received a letter from the ESC stateing they want their money back,but in the first letter I was told I could appeal any decision by March 12th the gentelman said I should go to the local office and file for a waver of overpayment,I guess I will do so before I hear back from him?
I think if it were me, I'd contact him back and tell him that your deadline to file the waiver of overpayment is March 12th, and ask if his fixes are going to be done by then. Or, perhaps if you file the waiver and then he gets things fixed, then they see that there is no overpayment, they'll just disregard the waiver request. Not sure, I actually have done NO waiver of overpayments since I've been with ESC!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:27 PM

10 posts, read 10,961 times
thanks for the info,I did tell him(L.P.)initals only If you get my thinking.And he said he thought it would be a good idea anyway to go and see B.L. in cary,and he might have my situation cleared up on WED March 10th? I am new to this site and do thank you for your time,in my last job i know how it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina