U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-10-2010, 08:41 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
I've been posting and getting good answers on this post for a long time. I want to share my situation and hope others who may be dealing with the same thing can, if nothing else, at least worry and be frustrated with me. I started ue benefits in November of 2008. I got 21 weeks. I got 16 weeks of Tier 1, 10.5 weeks of tier 2, qualified for EB and recieved one week before my benefit year ended. (I had a couple of weeks of contract work which threw off the weeks -that is why they do not add up to 52). My 2nd benefit year started in November of 2009. I recieved 13 weeks. I was called in for a RES meeting, which I attended including everything that was offered to me. I was able to create a professional relationship with a local rep. Due to one day of work, my benfits were thrown off by $10 and I got that on Feb. 28th. I do not meet the 1.5 rule for extensions in this new year. Now, according to what I have read, my tier 3 should pull forward. When I tried to certify this week the system would not let me instead it takes me to a screen saying all benefits exhausted. I emailed the local rep who told me my benefits were exhausted. I asked about a Pull forward. She said she knew nothing about that and would talk to her supervisor. I waited two days and then after talking with a friend who is a simular situation called the 1-866-795-8877 number. (My friend called this number and the person she spoke with (unfortunately she did not get his name) was able to fix her file manually. When I called I was told there was nothing they could do there and the IT department would have to fix it. She said she would put my file on her supervisors desk and that was all she could do period. She told me my friend was lying and they couldn't do anything there. She was very rude. I told her I knew they were busy and not eveyone was being polite but I just needed help. She held firm that she could do nothing. she couldn't tell me who to call or what to do but just wait and see if it works itself out. I am hoping that Jdljr is right and all this will be fixed at the beginning of April when they run the next pull forward. However, I will not be paid for back weeks because I can not even certify right now. I am at the end of my rope and just in a holding pattern. If anyone can offer anything else other than just wait and see I'd really appreciate it. Also anyone else in the same situation? Misery loves company! LOL No really I'd be more comfortable knowing it wasn't just me and would have more hope tht it will eventually be fixed.

WELCOME BACK JDLJR!!!!!!

(I knew) you'd be happy when you saw him back!(It's so GREAT!)

Well I'll be your company,ok
I may be in your boat come May, if everything is still a mess with the systems and updates ect.....
YOU can tell me though, when you did your 2 week contract work and claimed it when you certified, did everything kick back up when the pay VS benefits balanced out by your 3rd week?

I'm going to be doing the exact same thing next week and although my weekly benefits are (extremely) lower than what I'll make in 1 week of the part time job., I feel it's good to get a few days every few months with them, in hopes that some day they may hire me when they need another fulltime employee.
When I claim my pay from this employer, I'll be garnished 2 weeks and 1/2 a week on my 3rd benefit check. I'm scared to death that my benefits won't kick back in online ect.....

I also go to my RES tomorrow at 9 am. How long were you there and did yor program run smoothly?
JDLJR can probably give you some advice to ease your stress with your current situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-10-2010, 08:48 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
How about it JDLJR? Is there some way we could have you recognized for your efforts? Does NCESC have an employee of the year? I know you will say it is unneccesary, however we'd love to help you the way you have helped all of us.
Ditto to that idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 AM
 
177 posts, read 270,433 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
(I knew) you'd be happy when you saw him back!(It's so GREAT!)

Well I'll be your company,ok
I may be in your boat come May, if everything is still a mess with the systems and updates ect.....
YOU can tell me though, when you did your 2 week contract work and claimed it when you certified, did everything kick back up when the pay VS benefits balanced out by your 3rd week?

I'm going to be doing the exact same thing next week and although my weekly benefits are (extremely) lower than what I'll make in 1 week of the part time job., I feel it's good to get a few days every few months with them, in hopes that some day they may hire me when they need another fulltime employee.
When I claim my pay from this employer, I'll be garnished 2 weeks and 1/2 a week on my 3rd benefit check. I'm scared to death that my benefits won't kick back in online ect.....



I also go to my RES tomorrow at 9 am. How long were you there and did yor program run smoothly?
JDLJR can probably give you some advice to ease your stress with your current situation.
I was paid $1200 for one week of work. I claimed it and got of course $0 in benefits. The next week I was paid my regular amount as I did not work and earn any money. In other words, I do not think you have to wait it out until it evens out. The other week was only $400 which they deducted from my UI benefit and that left me with a $94 benefit + $25 additional federal. My weeks were spread out so not exactly like yours. I sure hope yours kicks back in. I have an opportunity to again work for one or two weeks. If they are back to back I'd sure like to think I won't lose out in the end. If so, I simply won't do it. It doesn't make any sense to work for two weeks and lose several weeks in benefits.

I know this is not a complete answer for you. All of us just have similar but different cases.

The RES was no big deal. About 20 of us went into a room and wattched a slide presentation. They explained that the program was to help those people who may need it with a resume, cover letter or other skills. Then they called us one at a time to sit with a local rep. She looked at my resume and gave suggestions, told me about classes that I could take for free and asked me if I had thought about starting my own business, etc. She scheduled an appointment to meet with me the next week. The second time she looked at my work search history, said it looked great, signed me up for a class called "How to get the appointment" and told me to email her the next week. I went to the class, emailed her and that was that. She offered to help me if I thought she could. For the first visit I was there about an hour. (I was one of the last ones called). The second visit was only about 30 minutes including waiting. Let me be clear that the class was something I wanted to take. She did not push me in any way. She was helpful and that was it. It really is nothing to stress over at all!

Last edited by jskin; 03-10-2010 at 09:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 09:33 AM
 
6 posts, read 9,546 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
I've been posting and getting good answers on this post for a long time. I want to share my situation and hope others who may be dealing with the same thing can, if nothing else, at least worry and be frustrated with me. I started ue benefits in November of 2008. I got 21 weeks. I got 16 weeks of Tier 1, 10.5 weeks of tier 2, qualified for EB and recieved one week before my benefit year ended. (I had a couple of weeks of contract work which threw off the weeks -that is why they do not add up to 52). My 2nd benefit year started in November of 2009. I recieved 13 weeks. I was called in for a RES meeting, which I attended including everything that was offered to me. I was able to create a professional relationship with a local rep. Due to one day of work, my benfits were thrown off by $10 and I got that on Feb. 28th. I do not meet the 1.5 rule for extensions in this new year. Now, according to what I have read, my tier 3 should pull forward. When I tried to certify this week the system would not let me instead it takes me to a screen saying all benefits exhausted. I emailed the local rep who told me my benefits were exhausted. I asked about a Pull forward. She said she knew nothing about that and would talk to her supervisor. I waited two days and then after talking with a friend who is a simular situation called the 1-866-795-8877 number. (My friend called this number and the person she spoke with (unfortunately she did not get his name) was able to fix her file manually. When I called I was told there was nothing they could do there and the IT department would have to fix it. She said she would put my file on her supervisors desk and that was all she could do period. She told me my friend was lying and they couldn't do anything there. She was very rude. I told her I knew they were busy and not eveyone was being polite but I just needed help. She held firm that she could do nothing. she couldn't tell me who to call or what to do but just wait and see if it works itself out. I am hoping that Jdljr is right and all this will be fixed at the beginning of April when they run the next pull forward. However, I will not be paid for back weeks because I can not even certify right now. I am at the end of my rope and just in a holding pattern. If anyone can offer anything else other than just wait and see I'd really appreciate it. Also anyone else in the same situation? Misery loves company! LOL No really I'd be more comfortable knowing it wasn't just me and would have more hope tht it will eventually be fixed.

WELCOME BACK JDLJR!!!!!!

You and I are basically on the same schedule as I began collecting unemployment benefits 11/08 as well. I tried filing at the end of February online and it did say my request had been processed but funding was not available (or something like that). It showed my status as Benefits Exhausted. I went down to the local unemployment office and met an agent there.. He looked up my records and said I was no longer eligible for further benefits due to insufficient base period wages. He did say I was still owed 4,000 for the last period and he would give my file to his supervisor. Two days later my regular weekly benefit was deposited to the debit card and the last two weeks, all filings have been normal. So I don't have any clue if this is from the 4,000 owed, or from the emergency extension the congress passed.

I hope you are continuing to file your weekly certification. That's pretty important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 09:35 AM
 
177 posts, read 270,433 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siss101 View Post
You and I are basically on the same schedule as I began collecting unemployment benefits 11/08 as well. I tried filing at the end of February online and it did say my request had been processed but funding was not available (or something like that). It showed my status as Benefits Exhausted. I went down to the local unemployment office and met an agent there.. He looked up my records and said I was no longer eligible for further benefits due to insufficient base period wages. He did say I was still owed 4,000 for the last period and he would give my file to his supervisor. Two days later my regular weekly benefit was deposited to the debit card and the last two weeks, all filings have been normal. So I don't have any clue if this is from the 4,000 owed, or from the emergency extension the congress passed.

I hope you are continuing to file your weekly certification. That's pretty important.
The system will not allow me to file at all. From the first page it says benefits exhausted. And even though several people here have recieved MANY letters from esc, I have gotten only one. The revision to my second tier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
 
177 posts, read 270,433 times
Reputation: 37
You guys want to hear something FUNNY? My husband was on unemployment way back in April 2008. When his benefits expired around Jan of 2009, he started his own business so we could pay the power bill. He finally got a new job YEAH!!!!! in September of 2009. Yesterday he got a new debit card. No explanation or anything. There is no money on it and we wouldn't file anyway because he is working. It is just very wierd. It sounds to me like the ESC computers have a mind of their own!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 09:45 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
I was paid $1200 for one week of work. I claimed it and got of course $0 in benefits. The next week I was paid my regular amount as I did not work and earn any money. In other words, I do not think you have to wait it out until it evens out. The other week was only $400 which they deducted from my UI benefit and that left me with a $94 benefit + $25 additional federal. My weeks were spread out so not exactly like yours. I sure hope yours kicks back in. I have an opportunity to again work for one or two weeks. If they are back to back I'd sure like to think I won't lose out in the end. If so, I simply won't do it. It doesn't make any sense to work for two weeks and lose several weeks in benefits.

I know this is not a complete answer for you. All of us just have similar but different cases.

The RES was no big deal. About 20 of us went into a room and wattched a slide presentation. They explained that the program was to help those people who may need it with a resume, cover letter or other skills. Then they called us one at a time to sit with a local rep. She looked at my resume and gave suggestions, told me about classes that I could take for free and asked me if I had thought about starting my own business, etc. She scheduled an appointment to meet with me the next week. The second time she looked at my work search history, said it looked great, signed me up for a class called "How to get the appointment" and told me to email her the next week. I went to the class, emailed her and that was that. She offered to help me if I thought she could. For the first visit I was there about an hour. (I was one of the last ones called). The second visit was only about 30 minutes including waiting. Let me be clear that the class was something I wanted to take. She did not push me in any way. She was helpful and that was it. It really is nothing to stress over at all!
hmmm?

So they took that addtional overage out of your UI money., after the deduction was made from your earning's allowance and your weekly benefit amount of $494.00?
Wow, I didn't know that's how it was done.

I wrote to Jdljr late last night, because this has been bothering me. I really want to work the temp days, but I cannot afford to have my little teeny amount of weekly unemployment vanish(after the garnishment)
until I get a fulltime job.

As for the RES meeting....
I was told by a a couple of members here that I didn't need to bring my job search records or my resume.
So in your oppinion, do you think I should bring either,
or possibly wait until my second meeting?

Thanks for the info.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 09:48 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
You guys want to hear something FUNNY? My husband was on unemployment way back in April 2008. When his benefits expired around Jan of 2009, he started his own business so we could pay the power bill. He finally got a new job YEAH!!!!! in September of 2009. Yesterday he got a new debit card. No explanation or anything. There is no money on it and we wouldn't file anyway because he is working. It is just very wierd. It sounds to me like the ESC computers have a mind of their own!!
That's hilarious!
Here they're trying to pay him, (albeit no $$ was on the card)., while so many are trying to get the $$ that they're owed, lol!> WHEW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 AM
 
177 posts, read 270,433 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
hmmm?

So they took that addtional overage out of your UI money., after the deduction was made from your earning's allowance and your weekly benefit amount of $494.00?
Wow, I didn't know that's how it was done.

I wrote to Jdljr late last night, because this has been bothering me. I really want to work the temp days, but I cannot afford to have my little teeny amount of weekly unemployment vanish(after the garnishment)
until I get a fulltime job.

As for the RES meeting....
I was told by a a couple of members here that I didn't need to bring my job search records or my resume.
So in your oppinion, do you think I should bring either,
or possibly wait until my second meeting?

Thanks for the info.!
I took everything to the original meeting but she only asked if I had a resume with me. She asked for the job search records at the second meeting. She had prepared me for this at the first one. I'd take your resume. But I do not think that you have to take anything.

OK Lets say it was week 4 of my unemployment that I made the $1200. When I filed that week I claimed $1200. That was over my allowance of $125 and my benefits of $494 so I got $0. In week 5 when I filed I made nothing so I caimed nothing -my payment was $494 plus the $25 additional that is paid in any week you get any amount in benefits. Does that make it more clear or more confusing? Also, I ended up wth any extra week at the end. I got the money anyway just not in the week where I earned the $1200. In a way though it did effect me because after my first year was up I had 15 weeks of EB (around $7500) left over that I will not get. As I understand it if you quailfy for regular benefits but no extensions in the second year, your EUC is pulled forward but not the EB.

Last edited by jskin; 03-10-2010 at 10:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 09:59 AM
 
177 posts, read 270,433 times
Reputation: 37
Hey when this is over JDLJR may have taught us enough that we can get jobs at ESC ourselves. Having been through it all, if he could supervise, we would be great claims reps. Then those there (probably the ones in charge) that are clueless can collect unemployment. Sound slike fair play to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top