U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 12:26 PM

177 posts, read 269,868 times

Advertisements

EB does not pull forward. If you do not qualify for it in this benefit year you will not get it. If you did recieve EB as I did, they will take that amount from your EUC tier 3 or 4. So you never actually get EB. Unless you qualify in the new benefit year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 01:38 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,144,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly1936 View Post
Checked my claim this morning, nothing new, nothing in benefit payment history, It let me file for 4 weeks yesterday. Are they putting a hold on the Tier 4 monies?
No, no hold. But some claims are erroring. Also, if you were receiving EB before the Tier 4, there's a good chance some of the EB weeks you'd already received changed to be Tier 4 weeks instead, and increased your EB balance by as much as your Tier 4 is for, and the EB hasn't kicked back in yet...there are a few different errors happening right now for which we're having to wait to hear how to fix.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:46 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,144,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
JDLJR
im confused

you told me this but a few posts later you told me this???

Can u clarify?

thanks a million!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11
Yes I was under impression that if you Drew EB but then switched over to TIER 3--- that those EB weeks would count as Tier 3 and u would get those EB weeks back after Tier 3 and 4

BUTTTTTT since EB doesnt pull forward from an old year (if u DONT qualify for extension in the 2nd year, like me)
i would assume they dont do that?? because then u would lose tier 3 weeks and would NOT get them back after tier 3 and 4 because u dont qualify

i am really hoping that JDLJR can clarify for me too

I think i had 4 or 5 weeks of EB and im hoping that i dont lose 1/2 of my tier 3 right off the bat because of that

I believe how it's been set up is that if your benefit year is in effect and you were receiving EB waiting for Tier 3, then when the programming got done, the weeks of EB received was changed to EB, and then the dollar amount of your EB should go back up, reflecting that those weeks were counted and paid ultimately as Tier 3. I saw something similar on claims today, some weeks that I think had been paid as EB waiting for Tier 4 were switched to Tier 4. I can't confirm that that's the case on all claims, though.

I'll be honest, I didn't get into a lot of claims today, so I haven't gotten to "look around" much to see how some of the claims reacted to the programming that was run last night. I'm hoping in the coming days I'll see more and more claims back on the right track.
Trust me, it's confusing to try to explain, typing on a message board without making it even more complicated.

The bottom line is, EB and EUC are independent of each other. You should always get EUC before getting EB. So if at any time you are receiving EB and then more EUC comes into effect, technically you'd "go off" EB and get the EUC. But sometimes it happens that some of the EB weeks you've received just change over to be that newly enacted EUC instead, and then I thought the EB balance goes back up to account for those weeks that were "switched" to EUC. I have not heard that the EB is reduced. EB is supposed to pay at 80% of your original claim duration. So if you got 26 weeks of regular UI, you should get 20 weeks of EB.

Some people aren't receiving EB when the new EUC goes into effect, so they just continue with the new EUC until it's exhausted, then either go to the next tier of EUC or need to get on EB.

Anyway, I don't believe your EB balance is reduced by the amount of Tier 3 or Tier 4 that you get. And people should be eligible for EB after receiving EUC as long as it's not in a 2nd benefit year in which you got regular UI and didn't qualify for new extensions.

I apologize for muddying the waters, it's hard to explain, and the the way the claims behave is sometimes NOT indicative of what's supposed to happen!

Last edited by jdljr; 03-19-2010 at 01:56 PM..

Old 03-19-2010, 02:01 PM

20 posts, read 35,799 times
hi I contacted the remote center this morning seems everyone on here could file the four weeks, I can't file mine I told the rep that I couldn't file starting with 2/27 cause the claim has been filed on a new benefit year. when the tier 4 programming ran wednesday night it did change my benefits exhausted to regular active claim. he told me that they will set up and work on it and he will let me know when it's cleared it's 4:00p.m. and I haven't heard anything. should I call someone else if so who this is getting old. Or should I just wait on him. thing is he tried to manually release payment and it wouldn't process. and told me to keep filing. I keep telling him that it won't let me file period. In order for the payments to process I have to file it so it will process. It just won't let me file. I hope this gets straightened out. what is going on...I'm frustrated...

Old 03-19-2010, 02:36 PM

407 posts, read 599,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Trust me, it's confusing to try to explain, typing on a message board without making it even more complicated.

The bottom line is, EB and EUC are independent of each other. You should always get EUC before getting EB. So if at any time you are receiving EB and then more EUC comes into effect, technically you'd "go off" EB and get the EUC. But sometimes it happens that some of the EB weeks you've received just change over to be that newly enacted EUC instead, and then I thought the EB balance goes back up to account for those weeks that were "switched" to EUC. I have not heard that the EB is reduced. EB is supposed to pay at 80% of your original claim duration. So if you got 26 weeks of regular UI, you should get 20 weeks of EB.

Some people aren't receiving EB when the new EUC goes into effect, so they just continue with the new EUC until it's exhausted, then either go to the next tier of EUC or need to get on EB.

Anyway, I don't believe your EB balance is reduced by the amount of Tier 3 or Tier 4 that you get. And people should be eligible for EB after receiving EUC as long as it's not in a 2nd benefit year in which you got regular UI and didn't qualify for new extensions.

I apologize for muddying the waters, it's hard to explain, and the the way the claims behave is sometimes NOT indicative of what's supposed to happen!

HI JDLJR

ok, i know its a mess right now and im sorry if i am not understanding.

FROM WHAT I READ on other posts...
well let me back up
MY INFO AGAIN
started UI in jan 09
got full amount, tier 1 full amount, tier 2 full amount
THEN i went to EB towards the end of Dec
was on EB about a month-ish

Jan 17th--- filed 2nd year, got 13 weeks
DO NOT QUALIFY FOR end year extensions (due to 1.5 rule)

So once congress finalizes
i SHOULD be able to get the max of Tier 3 and Max of Tier 4 (and extra Tier 2 week)
BUTTTTTT What i have read others post is that when they went to Tier 3
those EB weeks they used, were RETROACTIVELY switched from EB weeks to TIER 3 weeks

(THUS reducing the # of Tier 3 weeks they could then receive)

So my concern is, that at the end of April, i should go to Tier 3
IF i get the max of 13 TIER 3 weeks
BUTTTTTTTT they change the 4 or 5 EB weeks i allready received, RETROACTIVELY into Tier 3 weeks

THAT WOULD MEAN that I would only qualify for 7 or 8 weeks of TIER 3 instead?????

SINCE I DO NOT QUALIFY for any NEW extensions on my second year claim----- I will NOT get to switch into EB once Tier 3 and Tier 4 are over with.... SOOOOOOO (to make a long question even longer)
If they retroactively change my EB weeks I allready got, into TIER 3 (and thus reducing the # of Tier 3 weeks I have left)
and since I wont be able to PULL FORWARD EB from last years claim---
I would then just LOSE those weeks from Tier 3 and get Nothing back Since I wont be able to pull forward EB after Tier 3 and 4???

Is that right?? or am I lost???

AAAAAAAHHHHH!
i know its not your fault, its just such a mess.

I am HOPING that they will just leave those EB weeks from last years claim AS eb weeks, (since i cannot pull forward that EB this year) and that they wont cause my Tier 3 weeks to be less than 13....
can u clarify?

PS sorry to be such a pain in the neck

Old 03-19-2010, 03:14 PM

86 posts, read 156,756 times
The rep said today he doesn't know a single person who got paid today on tier 4. every claim is errored out. hope these manual procedures will fix it. i am tired of "rolling the dice" with the money i am entitled to.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:50 PM

25 posts, read 50,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
The rep said today he doesn't know a single person who got paid today on tier 4. every claim is errored out. hope these manual procedures will fix it. i am tired of "rolling the dice" with the money i am entitled to.
A few people were paid today, (4 weeks) lump sum. I just wasn't one of them. Damn!

Old 03-19-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1234 View Post
A few people were paid today, (4 weeks) lump sum. I just wasn't one of them. Damn!
How do you know? just curious...

Old 03-19-2010, 04:41 PM

25 posts, read 50,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
How do you know? just curious...
I actually post on another forum and we share information about who got paid, what reps stated, etc. You can look for yourself here:
Unemployed-Friends

Old 03-19-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1234 View Post
I actually post on another forum and we share information about who got paid, what reps stated, etc. You can look for yourself here:
Unemployed-Friends

I didn't mean for the question to sound the way it did. Thank you. I was hoping you were not relying on someone at one of the 800 numbers. At least we know someone is getting money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or