U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-23-2010, 01:04 PM

25 posts, read 38,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Thank you to Suezq and Penny1234.

I called 707-1991. The very nice and helpful lady there told me that my claim was one of those that needed an extra step to be done. She printed it out for IT. She says they will fix it on Wednesday and I should get paid. At that point I should be able to file for week ending 3/20 and beyond. Lets hope she knows what she is talking about. I will keep you all posted as this works out.
You're very welcome jskin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 03:19 PM

656 posts, read 728,487 times
Quote:

I called 707-1991. The very nice and helpful lady there told me that my claim was one of those that needed an extra step to be done. She printed it out for IT. She says they will fix it on Wednesday and I should get paid. At that point I should be able to file for week ending 3/20 and beyond. Lets hope she knows what she is talking about. I will keep you all posted as this works out.
Yes, keep an update coming, I'll be very anxious to hear how this plays out
(Goodluck)

Old 03-23-2010, 03:59 PM

606 posts, read 1,093,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Thanks
It's Totally out of my field(medical), however I've thought about it.
My job coach also mentioned that when I went to RES.
They do alot of hiring in the medical field actually...the mental hospitals and various other state run health clinics. Its not glamourous, but its a job.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:09 PM

22 posts, read 25,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin97 View Post
one lady actually hung up on me and I was being as nice as possible.
There are several NCESC reps who have the demeanor and interface skills of a middle schooler. I've had several who immediately adopt a tone of confrontation at "Hello?" They are very clear that they don't want to be fielding the call and even before you speak or give them your personal information for them to access the account, they adopt a baiting tone.

I am always absolutely polite and never engage in any argument. It's like they are trying to stir up drama so they can end the call quicker. I have had this happen multiple times.

They make snide remarks and say things like "can I finish" before you even speak. If you've ever watched this type of rhetorical aggression on the cable "news" shows, you know what I mean. It's an attempt to get a rise out of the other person, so you can go full tilt and be justified in your aggression. But, as I've said, I never, ever give into it. And in a way, that seems to only p*ss them off more. In other words, if you never take the bait and refuse to bicker with them, they are left hanging.

That organization is seriously riddled with some truly dysfunctional and incompetent people and this entire extended episode has shed some light on what would otherwise be just another quiet and nondescript government bureaucracy.

I would encourage the higher-ups at NCESC to monitor as many calls as they can and catalog precisely who the problem employees are, and then to summarily dismiss them. I've had calls where they just shoot the breeze with co-workers before they even answer the call. Like one minute of gossip with their cubicle-mates, and then finally a condescending and contemptuous "Hello?!" like you've just interrupted their dinner with a sales call or something.

Awful.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoisbetter View Post
They do alot of hiring in the medical field actually...the mental hospitals and various other state run health clinics. Its not glamourous, but its a job.
Yep, I know.. I've worked this field for almost 20 years
Takes a toll on the back., I'm not disabled, but I'm not 100% that's for sure, ha!
Been in several state facilities and that's where your age and physical ability plays a big role in the hiring factor.
(although they'll NEVER admit that)
I'm still capable of most job duties, but not as capable as a 20 year old straight out of college.
If I get my pullforward in May, I can enroll in a 3 month class to allow me to be on the billing end of things.
The med field is a great job choice. Two of my grown children are also in this field.
Many, many unemployed are flooding the med fields and facilities.
They have almost 50 app's to every one position available at my former employer. I still get called for some prn Hrs every few months
(Woopty-doopty)
Sorta like, we can't use you fulltime, but when somebody puts us in a bind you can fill in and answer phones or something(ha)

I suppose my old job is Great for some of the newbies straight out of college or younger ones with a couple years experience.
Oh well, I do have it much better than alot of people, so I can't complain
Thanks for your suggestions> It's appreciated

Old 03-23-2010, 06:15 PM

12 posts, read 23,460 times
Quote:

You are so welcome I hope it works out!!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:32 AM

177 posts, read 189,861 times
As promised here is an update. Today I looked online and found a claim had been processed for 1 week (ending 3/6/10) in an unusual amount. The weekly amount has been changed back to the amount for my first benefit year but my status still reads unknown. When I tried to file for week ending 3/20 I got a message saying your benefits are exhausted. So I called 707-1991 again. I spoke again with a very nice and helpful rep. She looked it all over. Here is what she said. The odd amount I was paid was the left over for additional Tier 2. This was a result of the efforts by the rep I spoke with yesterday. She did a print out so that the 3/13 week (which had errored out)could be keyed and said it would be paid in the next couple of days. She said that once the system processed that amount I would be able to file for 3/20. She also cautioned me not to try anything before Friday. She said if it was not fixed by then to call back. According to her, once 3/13 is fixed I should have no more problems in filing or getting paid. Dare I hope that all this could be fixed by Monday?

Old 03-24-2010, 10:24 AM

23 posts, read 59,261 times
This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know the CURRENT deadline for advancing to new tiers? Does this include a deadline for starting EB? I will receive my last check for Tier4 for the week ending April 17th. I am on my second year of regular UI and extensions- only got to Tier2 during first BYE due to waiting 3 months til severance pay was used up. Supposedly $1700 left from first year extensions but I don't think this will ever pull forward because I got 13 weeks of regular UI plus extensions during second BYE. My second BYE ends 6/12/2010. I know these are a lot of questons but any inf would be appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by sfhamm; 03-24-2010 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 03-24-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
As promised here is an update. Today I looked online and found a claim had been processed for 1 week (ending 3/6/10) in an unusual amount. The weekly amount has been changed back to the amount for my first benefit year but my status still reads unknown. When I tried to file for week ending 3/20 I got a message saying your benefits are exhausted. So I called 707-1991 again. I spoke again with a very nice and helpful rep. She looked it all over. Here is what she said. The odd amount I was paid was the left over for additional Tier 2. This was a result of the efforts by the rep I spoke with yesterday. She did a print out so that the 3/13 week (which had errored out)could be keyed and said it would be paid in the next couple of days. She said that once the system processed that amount I would be able to file for 3/20. She also cautioned me not to try anything before Friday. She said if it was not fixed by then to call back. According to her, once 3/13 is fixed I should have no more problems in filing or getting paid. Dare I hope that all this could be fixed by Monday?
Well sounds like your on your way(sort of)
I'm glad to hear that the phone number you call at least gets you somebody that's nice and TRIES to help you . Maybe there's hope after all.
It does make sense though, that your tier 2 extra week had to be processed(in a very slow manor)before the pullforward can kick in... hang in there, Monday is in 5 days...whew!

Old 03-24-2010, 11:07 AM

5 posts, read 5,816 times
This is not a Troll Post. I was told today by a very good source that a Tier V has been worked out , no details yet,just that workers at NCESCs are being told that yes a Tier V has Been Worked out and should go into effect evry soon, maybe before the 15th of April. Maybe some of you might have conections to confirm this info,or if JDLJR comes on tonight he can confirm??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina