U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 05:48 AM

12 posts, read 29,409 times

Advertisements

[quote=jdljr;13527962]Straight from the ESC website:

Individuals must exhaust regular UI benefits no later than the week ending March 27, 2010 and qualify for EUC08 Tier 1 effective March 28, 2010 in order to continue to receive benefits during the program phase out period. Individuals must exhaust the first, second, or third tier of EUC08 no later than the week ending April 3, 2010 to qualify for the next higher tier. Eligibility cannot be established for any additional tiers for weeks beginning after April 4, 2010

JDLJR, if I 4 weeks into Tier 1 right now with about 8 weeks to go before Tier 2, will I keep receiving payment on Tier 1?

thanks

Sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 3,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
If you have unused EUC in your previous benefit year (which you may, if you haven't yet collected Tier 3 or 4), then they will pull that into your new benefit year if you don't qualify for extensions after exhausting your new round of regular UI. They will not pull forward any EB though, due to qualifying for a new round of regular UI. The pull forward should be automatic and, last I heard, they still run the pull forward programming on Tuesday evenings.
Hopefully someone can help! This is kinda my situation from the quote above. I just started my second benefit year and qualified for a new regular UI claim ( 1st benefit year ended on 3/27/10 ) for 13 weeks with NO extensions. I asked the rep what tier I ended on last year. She explained that I ended the year with 1 more payment of tier 2 left for the amount of $197 then would have proceded to Tier 3 and Tier 4 if my benefit year had not expired. She told me I was not entiteled to have any of my old tier extension money pulled forward as the way the laws are right this moment. That it was just dead money. That I have missed the cut off date and congress would have to vote on another extension. THEN, after I have used up my new 13 week regular UI claim I MIGHT have that money pulled forward. I am so confused ! If I qualified for Tier 2 , 3 and 4 last year and still had a week of tier 2 and all of tier 3 , why would I not be able to have that money pulled forward?

Old 04-05-2010, 11:30 AM

177 posts, read 270,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peadrum View Post
Hopefully someone can help! This is kinda my situation from the quote above. I just started my second benefit year and qualified for a new regular UI claim ( 1st benefit year ended on 3/27/10 ) for 13 weeks with NO extensions. I asked the rep what tier I ended on last year. She explained that I ended the year with 1 more payment of tier 2 left for the amount of $197 then would have proceded to Tier 3 and Tier 4 if my benefit year had not expired. She told me I was not entiteled to have any of my old tier extension money pulled forward as the way the laws are right this moment. That it was just dead money. That I have missed the cut off date and congress would have to vote on another extension. THEN, after I have used up my new 13 week regular UI claim I MIGHT have that money pulled forward. I am so confused ! If I qualified for Tier 2 , 3 and 4 last year and still had a week of tier 2 and all of tier 3 , why would I not be able to have that money pulled forward?
Ok Here it is as I understand it. If you are just starting a new benefit year now the you will not be done by the current cut off date for all EUC benefits. Currently the date is around 4/5. It is expected to be extended but no one knows when or for how long. If the date is extended, and you do not qualify for EUC in this benefit year then Tier2, 3 and 4 will pull forward. She is telling you it is dead money because of the current cut off date. What that date says is that you can finish whatever benefits you have left in the tier you are on but not move to the next one. In your case you will be on regular UI. Make sense?

Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,147,603 times
[quote=Suezq - NC;13598615]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Straight from the ESC website:

Individuals must exhaust regular UI benefits no later than the week ending March 27, 2010 and qualify for EUC08 Tier 1 effective March 28, 2010 in order to continue to receive benefits during the program phase out period. Individuals must exhaust the first, second, or third tier of EUC08 no later than the week ending April 3, 2010 to qualify for the next higher tier. Eligibility cannot be established for any additional tiers for weeks beginning after April 4, 2010

JDLJR, if I 4 weeks into Tier 1 right now with about 8 weeks to go before Tier 2, will I keep receiving payment on Tier 1?

thanks

Sue
Yes, as long as you remain otherwise eligible.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,427 times
Unhappy First Benefits Exhausted

My first week of benefits were just exhausted 3/27/10. I applied and received a letter stating I would receive additional benefits dated 3/29/10. I filed on Sunday as usual but did not receive a payment today as usual. Do I have to wait a week before I receive benefits? Will I receive 2 payments next week? Someone please help since its so hard to speak with anyone from ESC on the phone. This is crazy.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:47 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,147,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpneeded7100 View Post
My first week of benefits were just exhausted 3/27/10. I applied and received a letter stating I would receive additional benefits dated 3/29/10. I filed on Sunday as usual but did not receive a payment today as usual. Do I have to wait a week before I receive benefits? Will I receive 2 payments next week? Someone please help since its so hard to speak with anyone from ESC on the phone. This is crazy.
If on 3/27/10 it was regular UI you exhausted, then you should have automatically rolled over into Tier 1 EUC if you were eligible with no additional waiting week. I came across a few claims today though that had crazy things wrong with them, so it wouldn't surprise me if yours was somehow stuck and needed manual intervention. Just because you got a confirmation that your certification was accepted isn't a guarantee that you'll receive a payment. Granted, it should be, I'd expect that too. But sometimes transactions error for no good reason at all and someone has to step in to fix it. Your best bet would be to take the plunge and call ESC or visit your local office to find out if that week really did certify, as you thought it did.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:03 PM

6 posts, read 10,191 times
Hello all. I've read about a 1/3 off all the posts, and found some good answers. I've received the RES letter and its a bit of inconvenience for me distance wise but I was wondering if anyone had been to the Asheville office for it. Hopefully its as seamless as jdljr's office. Hopefully thats the one Thanks

Old 04-05-2010, 06:54 PM

12 posts, read 29,409 times
[quote=jdljr;13607041]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suezq - NC View Post

Yes, as long as you remain otherwise eligible.
Thank you so much for all your help!!

Old 04-05-2010, 11:23 PM

776 posts, read 1,525,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmicj View Post
Hello all. I've read about a 1/3 off all the posts, and found some good answers. I've received the RES letter and its a bit of inconvenience for me distance wise but I was wondering if anyone had been to the Asheville office for it. Hopefully its as seamless as jdljr's office. Hopefully thats the one Thanks
Well, you may have read about my experience on it. And it wasn't very flattering. That was the very crowded Raleigh office though, and by the sound of it, it's run differently in other offices.

The main thing you need to understand though is that they'll give you essentially VIP status...you'll have a contact down there that can handle alot of your questions and concerns. And they're there to help with resume building, workshops, and assisting you in any way they can to get you employed again.

I think I said earlier...the RES program is good for 8 out of 10 people. You'll likely get something out of it, but there may be a few people that just don't see the benefit, nor can they find the time in their schedule when they might be the sole caretaker of their children...like myself. You must attend the orientation and the one on one assessment or you will forfeit your benefits. I was told they have the right to permanently take your benefits if you miss it, yet NCESC's regional manager told me they only take benefits from the week you missed the meeting. So it's simple...ya gotta go. After that, it is your choice to continue though. But again, I'm sure everybody can get at least something out of it.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 8,829 times
I hope someone can help me. I started my initial UI claim 4-26-09 and the benefit year ends 4-24-10. I started getting EUC benefits on 12-6-09, which I guess is tier 1 emergency extension. I was encouraged to accept a minimum wage, 12 hour week part-time job in August to help supplement my UI benefits to help with my bills. Will I need to reopen my claim on 4-24-10 or will it just simply roll over to the next tier of EUC benefits? If I do open a new claim, I was told that I will have to use the part-time job as the most recent employer since they have been reporting wages in quarters since I was terminated from my three-year office job when it closed. How will that affect anything if I am eligible for a new claim? I just don't understand the whole "quarters" thing, "base period" and "high quarter" and such. Since I lost my last full-time job on 5-1-09 and started working for the part-time job on 8-24-09, can someone explain what "quarters" the ESC will be looking at to determine monetary eligibility for a new claim? I am just at the point of a nervous breakdown over all this and I need some help. I only have maybe three more weeks of EUC left on my current claim with no clear hope of any F-T job prospects and bills coming due. HELP!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or