U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-06-2009, 06:55 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,402,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchr10 View Post
I got a letter stating I was eligible for Tier 2 with the regular questions. I filed my T2 eligibile form online though as it was presented a week before my benefit year was to end. its been 1 week since my last EUC payment and this week the only message i get trying to apply for my weekly benefit is that my benefit year has expired. does it just take time for tier 2 to kick in? will it kick in automatically? do i have to reapply to get tier2? your time and answers are greatly appreciated
If your benefit year has expired, you'll need to open a new benefit year for any further payments to continue. This is not automatically done. You will have to either open a new one online or go into a local office to do that. Then, if you qualify for a new, regular UI claim, that is what will be set up for you. If you don't have enough money in the base period to set up a new, regular UI claim, then a new benefit year will be established to go back and collect any unused extension money on your old benefit year. Also, new regular UI claim = new waiting week must be served. If just getting unused extension money from previous benefit year = no new waiting week to be served.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 08:13 AM

7 posts, read 18,687 times
I am currently on Tier 2 and since my benefit year ends on a Saturday (Jan 9th), would I apply on-line again that Sunday or wait until Monday? My extended benefits kick in around Dec. 28th but benefit year ends on Jan 9th and I know earlier you had mentioned that I would have to reapply again and if not enough to start a new claim my benefit year would just be extended out and draw what ever I have left in EB.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:43 PM

25 posts, read 38,442 times
Does anyone know the latest news of when the EUC 2009 extension payments will begin?

Old 12-07-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clog View Post
I am currently on Tier 2 and since my benefit year ends on a Saturday (Jan 9th), would I apply on-line again that Sunday or wait until Monday? My extended benefits kick in around Dec. 28th but benefit year ends on Jan 9th and I know earlier you had mentioned that I would have to reapply again and if not enough to start a new claim my benefit year would just be extended out and draw what ever I have left in EB.
Either Sunday or Monday would be fine and would make no differrence. Even if you waited until Wed or Thurs, the effective date of the new benefit year would be the same (the previous Sunday). You just have to wait until the benefit year actually ends before you can apply for a new one.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:18 AM

3 posts, read 8,384 times
I am also on tier 2 with a benefit year ending Dec 12th. Do I file a new claim on line? Will I miss a week of payment? I have had no work from the Unemployment office.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,018 times
Hi guys!

As you can see, this is my first post. I've found this site extremely helpful. Especially when it comes to everything that's going on with unemployment. I've run across something that I think is pretty odd so maybe someone can give me a little bit of insight as to what's going on.

I received my last unemployment check on October 5th of this year. My last filing was on Sunday, October 4th and my last check was deposited on the 5th. ALL (all tiers and EB) of my benefits have been exhausted. I haven't received a check since then. But when I check my payment history on the website, it shows something TOTALLY different! It shows i've been getting checks all the way up until November 1st! That's definitely not the case though. I even tried to file the week after my last check (even though I knew that was the last one) and it said my benefits have been exhausted. Why it's showing that i've still been getting checks, I have no idea!

And to add a little more info, I had to redo my claim (if i'm not mistaken, on October 2nd) because my benefit year had ended (but I still had that 1 check left) so I had to start over. My benefit year now ends 10/2/2010

Do any of you have a clue what this is all about? I should probably call them but it's HARD getting through to someone! I did a screenshot so you can see what i'm talking about.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 PM

19 posts, read 39,860 times
Wow that is odd. My last pay was Nov 21 and I went to look, just in case the same thing was happening. But it's not.

I wish they would give us some shred of hope. For those that are worried but still getting checks, I think you are slowing down the process. Don't hate me for saying it out loud, I know a lot of us without unemployment checks each week are thinking the same thing.

I know quite a few people that ran out in September and October. I've only been 2 weeks without and it's burying me I can't imagine what those folks are going thru.

If you are getting checks/deposits and you aren't due to switch tiers for awhile, stop worrying so much. They'll get it all figured out eventually. Please be a pal and let them focus on those of us with zero deposits being made. My family is not having Christmas this year. I'm sure many others aren't either.

Please, don't hate me for saying it out loud.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:51 PM

25 posts, read 38,442 times
Hi. I also checked the website to see if that happened to me too. Unfortunately, it still reads the same, "benefits exhausted". I sent an email to the ncesc and got a response. All that was stated was that the agency is still working on programming changes. Claiments who are potentially eligible will receive letters in the mail, and they cannot give an exact time frame of when that will all take place. I read a post yesterday that a man called the ncesc and the lady that answered said that we can expect payments around mid-February! I hope that is not true.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:03 PM

19 posts, read 39,860 times
Penny - oh my I hope that's not true. The good news would be that we got a massive lump sum. The bad news would be that there would be nothing left to claim. I don't think Duke Energy or Bell South is going to wait that long for payment.

Are any of you having luck extending due dates on utility's or other bills while waiting for this extension? I haven't asked yet, I'm actually afraid to.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redphyllis View Post
I am also on tier 2 with a benefit year ending Dec 12th. Do I file a new claim on line? Will I miss a week of payment? I have had no work from the Unemployment office.
You can file a new benefit year online, on the phone to the toll free number, or in person at your local office. You will have to serve a new waiting week if you qualify for a new, regular UI claim. If you don't qualify for a new regular UI claim but will be having a new benefit year established in order to be able to have your leftover extension money from your previous benefit year brought forward, you won't have to serve a new waiting week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina