Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,435,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles93 View Post
Of course life isn't fair - but it seems as though he's being penalized for working those 6 months b/c he didn't use any EB on 1st benefit year

Sorry I seem so ignorant on this - but he will only be eligible for EB on 2nd year if Congress approves something - is that right?

So confusing
Well, he will only be eligible for EB his second benefit year IF he meets the monetary formula for qualifying for extensions (the 1.5 times rule) in that benefit year. If he doesn't, then only his EUC from his previous benefit year will be transferred to the new benefit year when the time comes, IF the EUC program is still in place (all based on congressional legislation).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 04:43 PM

30 posts, read 49,857 times
JD - I guess what I'm confused on is - in the 2nd year, if he meets the 1.5 times thingie, are EB are contingent on Congress approving something ... OR is that only if he needs a pull-forward from 1st year... just a dunce here

Old 05-19-2010, 05:07 AM

177 posts, read 304,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Ok so no one replied to my email. I called and the girl I spoke with confirmed what I already knew that my tier 3 was exhausted and I still have tier 4 remaining. She could not figure out why the system wouldn't allow me to file. She put me on hold for a long time and I figured she was dumping me. Eventually though she came back and said she had had someone key this week for me and that I should be paid by the end of the week. She also said I should be able to certify online this weekend for this week. We shall see. I'll keep you guys up to date. Here is a tip I have figured out over time. I have had MUCH better luck calling 866-795-8877 than any other number. Today it only took 3 calls before it rang and I was on hold less than a minute before someone came on to help me.
There is a payment listed from last night. It is for the wrong amount. it looks like they have paid me again for the 14th week of Tier two. We will see. If this is the case, i'll end up with an overpayment which I will be prepared to pay back.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:26 AM

30 posts, read 49,857 times
good luck JSKIN

Old 05-19-2010, 10:29 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,435 times
Quote:
Ok so no one replied to my email. I called and the girl I spoke with confirmed what I already knew that my tier 3 was exhausted and I still have tier 4 remaining. She could not figure out why the system wouldn't allow me to file. She put me on hold for a long time and I figured she was dumping me. Eventually though she came back and said she had had someone key this week for me and that I should be paid by the end of the week. She also said I should be able to certify online this weekend for this week. We shall see. I'll keep you guys up to date. Here is a tip I have figured out over time. I have had MUCH better luck calling 866-795-8877 than any other number. Today it only took 3 calls before it rang and I was on hold less than a minute before someone came on to help me.
I just wrote that number down.
Now hoping that somebody who knows what to do will assist once you get them on the phone, lol!
I sure don't want to be paid tier 2 week number 14, 2-3 times! lol!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
JD - I guess what I'm confused on is - in the 2nd year, if he meets the 1.5 times thingie, are EB are contingent on Congress approving something ... OR is that only if he needs a pull-forward from 1st year... just a dunce here
poppin in(soprry)

Yes, it does seem unfair, however, IF congress passes the new date extension here in the next 2 week deadline, then :
1-he'll either go into his new set of tiers 1-4 plus EB, IF he meets the 1.5 rule.
If he doesn't meet it, and congress passes the date, he'll resume into ALL his extensions from year one,that's known as a transitional pullforward of your EUC., he'll also get the same weekly rate from year one, which may be more OR less than what he recieves now.
The only thing that a pullfoward of year one benefits will not bring up, is EB, because EB is state funded money. he would still get EUC tiers 1-4

So, he should be fine either way. We're all just waiting on congress to make this BIG decision.
They did extend the date 3 times prior, but there's always a chance they won't this time.
One of these days the well will be completely dry and they'll have to stop the extensions for good.
Hope this will help ease your mind some.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
There is a payment listed from last night. It is for the wrong amount. it looks like they have paid me again for the 14th week of Tier two. We will see. If this is the case, i'll end up with an overpayment which I will be prepared to pay back.
what a mess!
Goodluck and keep us posted

Old 05-19-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Well right now, Congress has yet to act to extend the EUC program (a separate series of extensions from EB). But EB does have its own phase out date in the future (can't remember what it is offhand). If he meets the 1.5 times rule for qualifying for the EUC series of extensions, he would also then qualify for EB as long as he didn't have any disqualifications on his claim. Then when he got to the point of receiving EB, he could get that as long as the program was still in place.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Hard to say what that payment is, but it's unlikely that it's the 14th week again. I haven't seen any duplicate 14th week payments. Was the last payment you got before this the 14th week? It could be the last little drop of money in whatever tier you're currently in. Hard for me to say without seeing it. Hope it all turns out alright for you.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:39 PM

177 posts, read 304,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Hard to say what that payment is, but it's unlikely that it's the 14th week again. I haven't seen any duplicate 14th week payments. Was the last payment you got before this the 14th week? It could be the last little drop of money in whatever tier you're currently in. Hard for me to say without seeing it. Hope it all turns out alright for you.
Thanks! To Jdjlr and all of you. It has been nice to have someone else to vent and brainstorm with!

When I went through the whole PUll forward process they said I had drawn 2 weeks of tier 3 in my first benefit year. (At the time it was actually EB because there was no tier 3) The first pullforward payment I got was for $415. Then the tier 3 payments were 494 which was my first year amount. The last one was 215. (My second year was 452) So I do not know why the odd amount. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I only have Tier 4 (about 4 1/2 weeks left now.) It has been wonderful having a lifeline but it has been so STRESSFUL. It will be nice not to have to worry about it anymore. THANKFULLY I have a contract position that runs from July through October if I can't find a full time perm position before then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina