U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 AM

177 posts, read 263,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkus75smn View Post
Hi, i have a question. I am currently receiving pull forward benefits from my 1st benefit year.I am in tier 2 right now but am about to exhaust this tier, will i be able to get tier 3 and 4 pulled forward as well?
Individuals must exhaust the first, second, or third tier of EUC08 no later than the week ending May 29, 2010 to qualify for the next higher tier.

This is posted on the ncesc website. In order for you to get tier 3 and beyond, Congress will have to extend the deadline. Most people believe that will happen but it hasn't yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 12:41 PM

4 posts, read 6,115 times
Thankyou for the quick answer

Old 05-26-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkus75smn View Post
Thankyou for the quick answer
You are welcome and GOOD LUCK!!

Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 PM

5 posts, read 7,913 times
[SIZE=3]This is my first post to this forum, but I've been reading for a while. Thanks for all the good info. I live in Kentucky and collect unemployment via North Carolina - I was employed in NC in 2008/2009. I've exhausted tiers 1 ~ 4 of my first year of benefits and have been collecting EB for the last few weeks. When I became eligible for EB, I received a letter from ESC of NC stating my eligibility along with some details. The letter clearly stated "You must keep a written record of your work search and present the written record upon request." I have been submitting my weekly certifications online. For this past week, I submitted a certification. It was accepted and all appeared OK. I checked the status Monday and found Active Issues had changed to Yes. I normally receive a direct deposit Tuesday, but nothing this week and no payment posted online in Payment History. So, yesterday I sent an e-mail to the Remote Services Center address asking for help. I received a reply this afternoon: "The issue stems from you not submitting your work search records timely. Please fax your work search records to 919-733-1370, attn: M Laster." This is the very first request I've received for my work search records and therefore it does not seem quite appropriate to state that I have not submitted my work search records timely (I know, not the best grammar, but that's how it was stated in the e-mail sent to me). I was unaware that I should be submitting my records since the letter I received stated I should submit them "upon request". And, today was the first time I was provided with a fax number and contact name. Had I previously received a request to submit my work search records, I would have done so in a timely fashion. I'm sure, like the rest of you, I certainly want to avoid problems and delays.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]1. Has anyone had experience with EB and submitting work search records as a remote recipient?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]2. Can I submit my work search records via e-mail, either within the text body or as an attached file? If so, do you have the appropriate e-mail address, contact name, and preferred format - text, PDF, Word Doc, etc.? I don't have a fax machine at home and live pretty far out in the country. E-mail would be much more convenient for me and would provide the same information to ESC of NC.[/SIZE]

Old 05-26-2010, 03:39 PM

5 posts, read 7,913 times
Sorry, one more question please...

How many weeks of work search records should be submitted?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:53 AM

572 posts, read 1,362,222 times
[quote=deerest;14280618]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
You guys crack me up. You had TWO YEARS to relocate, no, not quite 2 years yet!down size your lifestyle to conform with whatever employment you could find, certainly altered my lifestyle to the point that I take my meds only half the time, put the house on the market but economy so bleak it hasn't soldgo back to school, last I checked, schools want money to let you attendstart a business, another brilliant idea that requires moneyjoin the military, too old, not eligibleect, ect. Quit whining and go find a job, any job.finding a job and getting hired for a job, any job are 2 entirely different things And if it doesn't pay all the bills then work two jobs. hmmm....let's see, I can't get hired for one job but you think it is just that easy to find 2?There is absolutely no excuse for not taking some kind of job in two years...uh, yes there is---despite hundreds of applications, I have no offers and don't even start with that "I cant find a good job" crap. After two years you lost that luxury. Again, finding jobs and securing jobs are different. You can beat the bushes, surf the jobsites, and apply all day long but the calls and interviews are not happening. Understand??????? Luxury! Really? really? You think it is a luxury to scrimp & save & cut & whittle & go without & put up with the sterotypical venomous remarks from the likes of you & others like you? WOW. You really are a piece of work. Too bad you don't pay. Idiot.[/quote]

in a nutshell.
There's nothing stereotypical about taking some personal responsibility for finding a job after TWO YEARS. You can find work in waaaaay less than a month if you were actually willing to do anything to get some income coming in. Are you telling me that you don't have the skill set to work at Sears? Or Wal Mart? You really gonna convince me that you can't find ANY job? Too good to wait tables or wash dishes? Can't bring yourself to work behind the counter at a convenience store or fast food restaurant? There are an estimated 16 million illegal aliens in this country and they have something you don't. It's called a job. I mean it's not like you got fired or laid off back at Christmas. You've been milking the government for two years bud. That's PLENTY of time to get you ducks in a row. So quit your whining. Take whatever job you can and if it doesn't pay the bills then get two crappy jobs and work them both until the economy gets better but man up already. Otherwise go apply for welfare but I'm tired of hearing how somebody can't find a job in 2 years. That's B.S. and you know it.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:25 PM

Anybody see this?
FOXNews.com - Deadline for jobless benefits nears as Dems struggle for votes on tax and spending package

Also:
Everyone please ignore the trolls and the hatred they spew. Do not let them overtake this forum again! It is what many of us rely on for good information and ideas. No one knows what it is like to walk in another man's shoes until he has done it. If you don't respond, they get bored and go pick on someone else for a while.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:32 PM

656 posts, read 998,315 times
So the way I'm understanding this is simply NO more etxensions and they're going to start rewriting the bill?
Frankly this makes me ill......
I do thankyou for posting it though., so what's your oppinion on the article ?
Did you ever get your tiers straightened out?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:56 AM

7 posts, read 12,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
There is a phase out date for EB as well, but don't have it in front of me at the moment. EB pays 80% of your original qualifying claim duration, so if you originally got regular UI for 26 weeks, you'd get 20 weeks of EB.

Also, one cannot get EB if you have any disqualification on your claim, nor can one get EB if they are in a 2nd benefit year and qualified for a 2nd round of regular UI.
I believe I was told that if I qualified for extensions in my 2nd benefit year after regular UI I was eligible for EUC 1-4 as well as EB. Was I misinformed?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
So the way I'm understanding this is simply NO more etxensions and they're going to start rewriting the bill?
Frankly this makes me ill......
I do thankyou for posting it though., so what's your oppinion on the article ?
Did you ever get your tiers straightened out?
As with 99.9% of what our government does (both parties) it is total BS. If they would vote on one thing at a time rather than cramming several things together that would be helpful in seeing exactly what each one of the stands for. I think that is why they do things this way. So each of heir opinion remains a mystery. In other words, for those voting against this bill- are they against the unemployed? Or is it something else?

I am so sorry things are working out this way for you. You have been a lifeline for me. I have seen your postings on how many jobs you have searched for and how difficult it has been. I do wish you luck and will post anything I see that will be helpful. Keep the faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or