U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 09:35 AM

656 posts, read 1,020,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
As with 99.9% of what our government does (both parties) it is total BS. If they would vote on one thing at a time rather than cramming several things together that would be helpful in seeing exactly what each one of the stands for. I think that is why they do things this way. So each of heir opinion remains a mystery. In other words, for those voting against this bill- are they against the unemployed? Or is it something else?

I am so sorry things are working out this way for you. You have been a lifeline for me. I have seen your postings on how many jobs you have searched for and how difficult it has been. I do wish you luck and will post anything I see that will be helpful. Keep the faith.
Thanks, your so sweet
I'm still holding out hope that withing a few weeks they'll pass something and I can pullforward and start my classes, if not, I'm clueless as to where to turn and what to do.
I've been watching the news like a hawk and scanning through so many congress update forums ect... my eyes may pop out, lol!
I appreciate everything you post, it's been a great help to me

I may try to the temp services again... sure wish I'd gotten office experience somewhere in my past. Thought I picked a good safe career. Never dreamed I'd ever have this much trouble.
Could be worse so I hate to complain.
Goodluck and Keep in touch, I'll chat with you soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 10:01 AM

23 posts, read 93,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocsmile View Post
I believe I was told that if I qualified for extensions in my 2nd benefit year after regular UI I was eligible for EUC 1-4 as well as EB. Was I misinformed?
I can say that I qualified for a 2nd benefit year plus tier 1-4 and am currently on EB. I did not recieve EB in the first year because my benefit year ran out before I got to that. Maybe that's the key?
Does anyone know if EB puls forward when your 2nd benefit year ends?

Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 AM

11 posts, read 19,003 times
HI everyone. I only have posted once or twice about my husbands unemployment situation. He went in yesterday to ask about bringing forward any extentions he might not have gotten in year 1, and was told he had to make a second appointment for that. It is taking more then a week to get appointments with our ESC.
The lady who helped my husband yesterday was alot more understanding then other employees we have dealt with. Normally we bring the list of jobs and they give us the info or application and thats that. This lady let my husband know he had one week of benefits left, and knew that the situation was really bad and he could see it in his eyes. Instead of giving him job number information she drew him a map, and said that an industrial complex in Taylorsville and one in Conover have opened several plants and are mass hiring. She also gave him a couple of other business names, so hopefully I pray something pans out soon, otherwise I dont know what will happen to our family.
As for Washington, they are a joke. I live in Patrick Mchenrys district and called him sometime back to ask why he was not supporting extentions for his district when he knew in 1999-2000 that many factories were closing? No efforts been made to bring in new companies. He gave some partison answer about stick with republicans and making democrats cut the budget etc etc. I called yesterday, and got an entirely different answer saying it was the democrats fault. I called his assistant on it since I spoke directly with Patrick McHenry before and got a different answer. I was in tears, and told her I had no plans to vote for him again, and I cant see how anyone else around here would since he lives here and sees whats happening.
Just remember, we can hold Washington accountable because angry people not being represented by their representatives do vote. Its time for the unemployed to use their anger and frustration for something positive. Keep job hunting, but on your spare time go volunteer for an incumbant. Lets get these idiots out of Washington and make clear to incumbants what we need done.
Good luck everyone!

Old 05-28-2010, 03:22 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,145,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocsmile View Post
I believe I was told that if I qualified for extensions in my 2nd benefit year after regular UI I was eligible for EUC 1-4 as well as EB. Was I misinformed?
No, if you qualify for extensions in your 2nd benefit year, this would include EB. Those that are NOT eligible for EB in their 2nd benefit year are those that did NOT qualify for extensions in their 2nd benefit year after receiving a 2nd round of Regular UI. Some people have enough wages in the base period to qualify for a new round of regular UI in their 2nd benefit year. But if they then don't qualify for extensions, only their EUC would be pulled forward from their first benefit year, but not EB.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:24 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,145,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhamm View Post
I can say that I qualified for a 2nd benefit year plus tier 1-4 and am currently on EB. I did not recieve EB in the first year because my benefit year ran out before I got to that. Maybe that's the key?
Does anyone know if EB puls forward when your 2nd benefit year ends?
EB only pulls forward if you don't receive regular UI in the 2nd benefit year. Also, folks will not qualify for EB if they have any disqualification on their claim.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:31 PM

177 posts, read 269,929 times
SEE THIS!

FOXNews.com - House Approves Scaled-Down Tax and Spending Bill

Old 05-29-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
ok, so I read this 3 times (THANKS) for posting by the way, I watched
C-span 2&3 and different news channels throughout the night, didin't get informed on this issue at all!

Now..... Maybe i need MORE coffee, but I don't get it!
So the house approved the bill to go forward with extensions and the senate is out for a week, so it didn't get to pass yet, or am I not understanding it at all..?
It look slike as you read down that their eventually cutting out extensios after the initial 6 months starting this week(??), so I'm MEGA confused. PLEASE hep clarify for my cob webbed filled brain

thanks agaiin jskin for posting this

Old 05-29-2010, 09:39 AM

11 posts, read 19,003 times
House OKs extension of unemployment benefits

Members approve extending benefits through Nov. 30. But the vote to widen the safety net could be the last.

May 28, 2010|By Lisa Mascaro, Los Angeles Times
The U.S. House of Representatives approved another extension of unemployment benefits on Friday. But this widening of the safety net could be the last as lawmakers grow uneasy over the costs of what is looking to some like an unfunded welfare benefit.
In a 215-204 vote, House members approved extending benefits through Nov. 30, which would help nearly 350,000 long-term unemployed people nationwide from falling off the unemployment rolls by next month.
House OKs extension of unemployment benefits - Los Angeles Times

Last edited by gemgem526; 05-29-2010 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: left some info out

Old 05-29-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemgem526 View Post
House OKs extension of unemployment benefits

Members approve extending benefits through Nov. 30. But the vote to widen the safety net could be the last.

May 28, 2010|By Lisa Mascaro, Los Angeles Times
The U.S. House of Representatives approved another extension of unemployment benefits on Friday. But this widening of the safety net could be the last as lawmakers grow uneasy over the costs of what is looking to some like an unfunded welfare benefit.
In a 215-204 vote, House members approved extending benefits through Nov. 30, which would help nearly 350,000 long-term unemployed people nationwide from falling off the unemployment rolls by next month.
House OKs extension of unemployment benefits - Los Angeles Times
THANKYOU so much for posting this!
I feel like I can breathe again

Old 05-29-2010, 10:41 AM

177 posts, read 269,929 times
Yeah! I am so happy things are working out for everyone. I have only two or three weeks left for payments. I do though have full time contract work lined up for July 11-October 31. Hopefully when winter comes I will be able to find something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or