U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 02:57 PM

177 posts, read 263,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Well sorta., I usually file on sunday and I did yesterday, it was my very last UI paymt. Usually I go to the benefits page on Monday to make sure it went through and then it always has the date filed and then the date paid when I do get it in the bank on Tuesday. This time it only shows last weeks date., but my certidfication went through no prob.
I'm hoping that maybe since today is a holiday that it won't show as paid until tommorow's date and then it'll be in my bank on Wed...?
Did you file Sunday online?
Yes I did file on Sunday online. My file shows no movement either. Like you, it usually shows as paid on Monday am and I actually have it on a debit card around 1:00 on Monday afternoons. I am assuming all that will happen a day later. Lets hope anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 06:54 PM

656 posts, read 998,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Yes I did file on Sunday online. My file shows no movement either. Like you, it usually shows as paid on Monday am and I actually have it on a debit card around 1:00 on Monday afternoons. I am assuming all that will happen a day later. Lets hope anyway.
yeah, thanks for getting back to me
That must be it then, so i'll stop freaking out, lol!
My direct deposit usually goes in on Tuesdays after I file Sunday.
Hoping the senate gets right on it when they get back!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:13 AM

177 posts, read 263,605 times
My file shows received May 30 and paid 5/31. It should show up thus afternoon on the debit card. If not I'll be back.
Heres hoping for a quick vote today!!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:30 AM

656 posts, read 998,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
My file shows received May 30 and paid 5/31. It should show up thus afternoon on the debit card. If not I'll be back.
Heres hoping for a quick vote today!!
Mine did also!
I think I was told by someone on here that the senate is out on Memorial day break til this Friday..?
I did plan for up to a few weeks without a check, but it sure would be nice if they got back and got right to it this time.
I start class Monday the 21st, fingers crossed this will workout for me, I feel "hopefully optimistic"

Old 06-01-2010, 12:31 PM

109 posts, read 212,663 times
I don't expect the Senate to vote on the bill, at the earliest, until late next week.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:39 PM

11 posts, read 18,625 times
Your welcome. My husband just got his last payment for benefits today. It was for alot less then what he has been getting. I am guessing that must be from where they gve an extra week here and there. He only got $108 and normal is over $200. His benefit yr ends June 12, and it is his second year. I am guessing if he has to file for a 3rd year he isnt going to qualify . I dont know if this extention will help our family, but atleast if it helps others then its a good thing.

I just cant see why they are taking so long. Unemployment in my area is way over 15%. Most of them are likely 99ers, and not lazy people not looking for work. Its sad to see so many of my friends and family losing everything while those in Washington so nothing. I have a friend living in a week to week motel with her husband and 2 kids. I have a feeling in a few weeks Ill be right there with her. We just cant seem to catch a break! Over the weekend I had my son with me (he lives with his dad, other 4 live with me), and we had a car accident and totalled the car. Some guy just pulled right out of McDonalds without stopping and hit my husbands car (our car wasnt in a turn lane we were going straight). So now Im fighting with insurance companies, since it was our only car. So, no car to look for a job, and no more benefits. It stinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
THANKYOU so much for posting this!
I feel like I can breathe again

Old 06-02-2010, 04:23 AM

17 posts, read 28,725 times
Sure hope "jdljr" sees this and can help with an answer. . . My benefit year ran out on May 23, 2010. I received a message about this when I did my certification that week, called the number given and the lady quickly told me she had "keyed" my claim for a new benefit year and it would be $132 a week for 17 weeks. I was on EUC tier II and had only received 5 payments of those benefits at $240. However, I have not worked AT ALL since I was laid off on May 26, 2009. So I know that I am not eligble for a new benefit year. This week when I filed my weekly certification I received a message saying that my "claim has been accepted but cannot be processed for payment because of a prior disqualification" (the new benefit year). I called customer service again, and the Asheville office, and was told that Raleigh had to "run a program" SOMETIME this month for my previous claim to be "pulled forward" so that I would continue my tier II, etc. I am not changing tiers and I don't get a new benefit year, so why does my benefits STOP till they decide to run a program? That answer bites when this is my only source of income at the present time. (And for those who say I am not looking for work . . .believe me, I AM!! I HAVE applied at Wal-Mart, Kmart, McDonald's, Burger King, EVERYWHERE . . . and so have a 100's of other people!! I'm told "we have a lot of applications on file, we'll give you a call" ) Can someone please help with an answer?

Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 AM

17 posts, read 28,725 times
This morning I called 1-866-795-8877 to try again for some help on my claim and some answers. Well . . . the person I talked with was NOT helpful and I seemed to be bothering them. I was told that the computer programmers were trying to "tweet" the program to work and WHEN it did, THEN it would "pull forward" my remaining EUC tier II balance and THEN I would get paid. I asked if there was nothing anyone could do manually to do that and she said "NO, there is not". She said just keep filing my weekly certification and sooner or later it will happen. I DID NOT ASK TO BE UNEMPLOYED and have no income to pay my bills or buy food for my son. I have applied for full time AND part time employment . . . along with thousands of other people. Places can't hire 20 people to take turns working 1 position. The competition is harsh. The lady this morning said they had ran the program once and it did not pull the accounts forward, so they are "working on it". What do we do in the meantime? My savings ran out a few months after I was first laid off, and there certainly has been no way to add back to it. No, I do not qualify for a NEW benefit year, I had received 5 payments of my EUC tier II, so I just need to continue my balance on that. Why are they making it so hard during these times?

Old 06-02-2010, 07:30 AM

259 posts, read 434,825 times
Well guys I am screwed royally :-). I got my last benefit today and it was for far less than my usual payment. This is still within my first year of benefits...actually I have only been unemployed since December. Guess I'll have to sell some stuff in order to keep afloat.

Oh and to those who say "go get a job" I already have accepted a job offer for the Federal Gov't, I just start in the middle of July. I was at least hoping my UI benefits would last until then. I'm not lazy and looking for a handout, as a matter of fact my ultimate job is WORKING for our country (as evidenced by the job I accepted).

Well good luck to all, and guys keep up the good work in here keeping up with the status of UI.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:44 AM

11 posts, read 18,625 times
My husband just got back from unemployment so I thought Id post the skinny. He went there to see about any pull forwards since his benefit year ends on June 12, and he is listed as benefits exhausted. The unemployment worker said before congress left to leave the vote to senate they extended benefits by 1/2 week + $25 bonus. So those of you exhausted or not getting your extention money should qualify for the same 50 percent and $25 since that is how it was voted on.

Second, he also said (which most of us know) we have to exhaust all the tiers which he called pots of money in order to do any pull forwards. He expects Senate to vote for this extention supposedly, then their understanding is if it is left alone teir 5 will bring in more benefits for people through November. Since my husbands benefit yr ends in June he will not be effected but will get the extention like everyone else. Hopefully though by then he or I have a job so it wont matter. But I just wanted to let everyone know what we were told this morning. There should be a half a week and the $25 to those who have exhausted benefits this week. Call or go into the office and make sure you get it if you have to.
Also visit this website. Its for unemployed americans who are uniting to work together to push congress and senate to do the right thing. Yesterday they had a radio show asking for people to send in their stories for a segment thatll be airing. They also get emails to Senator Reids assistants, and things like that. I think theres a facebook link there too, thats how I get all my messages about who to write to and on what day. http://joblessunite.yolasite.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or