Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 01:58 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyg View Post
Thank you jdljr! I am very excited about the new job & about moving

Well, I decided that considering how stressful moving cross country to a new state to start a new job in about 3 weeks is, that I would go to ESC today and get my work searches waived. However, it didn't work that way. I filled out a form, and they would not accept my documentation (I had both a letter on company letterhead and a "welcome email" printed out). They told me that my work searches would NOT be wiaved, and that I must continue to do them if I certified. I was quite disappointed, since that was the ONLY reason for taking the 1 1/2 hours that it took to go to the office, stand in line, and talk to someone so that over the next 3 weeks I'd be free to focus on moving, etc.

So, when I pressed the issue & explained my situation, I was given the "manager's" email address and was told to email requesting that this week's work searches be waived. Well, I emailed and requested all 3 weeks to be waived. I'm hoping that tomorrow I get a positive response!!!

They told me that they prefer people to continue to search for work because 1) the job could fall through before the start date, or 2) you could get a "better offer" from another job before your start date. In my case, neither of those would apply since it's a very done deal & they're even paying relocation (up front). Plus, it makes me uncomfortable to apply to jobs knowing that I couldn't interview or accept it if I was contacted.

So, we'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm really hoping this manager can work with me, especially so that I'm not having to apply to jobs during the week I'll be on the road!
I hope it works out for you too, I know in my office we can waive them up to about a month if we have the firm start date on company letterhead. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcole View Post
To jdljr . . . do you have any idea yet when they will be running the pull forwards programming?
Also. . . thank you very much for taking your own personal free time to answer all of our frustrated questions on here! It is a kindness that means more than you will ever know! Bless you!
Last I heard today, I *think* they were supposed to try running the programming last night. However, my office has had to endure two days with NO computer access so I have not been able to check anything out. Can't see claims, can't look up job numbers for folks, have no internet access, no email, etc. The server in our office failed over the weekend and the techs came from Raleigh yesterday afternoon to try and fix it, to no avail. They ended up having to take it back to Raleigh with them and we're hoping that late tomorrow (Wednesday) they'll bring it back so we'll be able to access stuff. It's not all of ESC, just my office...so luckily some of our clients have been receptive to contacting other nearby offices for assistance. Now...I did receive a call today from someone that has been waiting for the pull forward (65 issue) to occur, stating that his claim status changed today and showed his last three payments as released. But I couldn't access his claim to see for myself. So maybe that's an indication that they really did run something last night. I hope, though, that if they did run something last night, it worked correctly and didn't screw something else up!

Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM

330 posts, read 460,872 times
nothing from the Senate today?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:02 PM

22 posts, read 47,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
nothing from the Senate today?
I watched the Senators talk alot about it (CSPAN) but nothing solid today. Its a good thing they are making this a top priority this week because the sooner they start addressing this the sooner it will get passed. Towards the end of the day Senator Baucus said they have gained ground on HR 4213 and the senate needs time to read the amendments that were brought forth today, so they can vote tomorrow. Dont know if it will pass tomorrow but it sounded pretty positive today - so i dont think we have to worry much about it not passing.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:10 AM

17 posts, read 32,513 times
To jdljr . . . well, no luck last night. Yesterday, I did talk to 2 people. 1 in Raleigh, her name was Jill and, for a change, she was very nice. She did not make me feel like I was disturbing her and she was very patient and encouraging. I did ask her if there was something that needed to be done manually to my claim since I was receiving the "cannot be processed for payment because of a prior disqualification" message. She said there was a code that was put on my claim and that the next day the paperwork for that code was completed and that now I'm just waiting for the pullforward. I also talked to Diana in the Asheville office, and she also is a very kind and patient person. It makes such a difference when you have questions and worries and people take the time to try to actually help you and not snap at you. They both told me that it was taking 2 to 4 weeks for the pullforwards from the first time we received the message. From what I can gather, it's usually about the 3rd week when they are actually pulling forward. Now, my online claim shows the "new" benefit year with the almost half of my previous benefit . . . when it does pull forward, will my claim show my correct amount of the remaining balance of my tier II? When I file this coming Sunday that will be the third week of this. Is anyone else on here still waiting like me? Xmasmouse? Rockomon? Here's a real downer for you . . . last week I finally got an interview at a place that I really wanted. The interview went really good, I passed the physical, then I had to go for an eye exam (it was extremely fine, detail work, which I've done for years) - - - I failed the eye exam. The nurse even let me take a break and go home to get my reading glasses and come back and try again. I still did not pass. And passing the eye exam was a MUST for this position. I actually need some surgery done on my right eye but I can't do it right now because I do not have any insurance. Frustrated is an understatement!!!!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:26 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times
Quote:
To jdljr . . . well, no luck last night. Yesterday, I did talk to 2 people. 1 in Raleigh, her name was Jill and, for a change, she was very nice. She did not make me feel like I was disturbing her and she was very patient and encouraging. I did ask her if there was something that needed to be done manually to my claim since I was receiving the "cannot be processed for payment because of a prior disqualification" message. She said there was a code that was put on my claim and that the next day the paperwork for that code was completed and that now I'm just waiting for the pullforward. I also talked to Diana in the Asheville office, and she also is a very kind and patient person. It makes such a difference when you have questions and worries and people take the time to try to actually help you and not snap at you. They both told me that it was taking 2 to 4 weeks for the pullforwards from the first time we received the message. From what I can gather, it's usually about the 3rd week when they are actually pulling forward. Now, my online claim shows the "new" benefit year with the almost half of my previous benefit . . . when it does pull forward, will my claim show my correct amount of the remaining balance of my tier II? When I file this coming Sunday that will be the third week of this. Is anyone else on here still waiting like me? Xmasmouse? Rockomon? Here's a real downer for you . . . last week I finally got an interview at a place that I really wanted. The interview went really good, I passed the physical, then I had to go for an eye exam (it was extremely fine, detail work, which I've done for years) - - - I failed the eye exam. The nurse even let me take a break and go home to get my reading glasses and come back and try again. I still did not pass. And passing the eye exam was a MUST for this position. I actually need some surgery done on my right eye but I can't do it right now because I do not have any insurance. Frustrated is an understatement!!!!
I'm sorta in your position.
I'm waiting for my year one benefits to pullforard when the bill passes. I don't qualify for new tiers (EUC) in this 2nd year.
However and a HUGE However, I've been on the phone for 2 days now, because they've issued me EB, which is a state $$ that's NOT supposed to pullforward and I'd only be eligible to get it at the end of tier 4 this year or in breaks like this one, (IF) I qualified for new tiers .. Which I DON'T(Ugh)
The lady in Raleigh, was also very nice both times, got a man yesterday, They tell me I'm supposed to have EB and to certify.
I know I'll get popped with an OVER PAYMENT the minute I certify and collect my weekely EB payments.
It's very tempting, since I'm basically broke and waiting like so many for the pullfoward to start up and the senate vote to get here.
So my claim status shows, Regular active claim , and at the bottom it says' EB, eligibility (yes) and then shows my weekly amount that I've been recieving this year.
I also got a letter yesterday saying I qualify for EB and the amount I can get.... UGH!

Tomorrow morning, I'll be making the trip to sit and wait to speak one on one with a rep about this.... they'll have to show me on the screen where they think I can have the EB and why they apparently think I can establish EUC in my year 2.
They've made mistakes like this with others on here before, so I know this can happen.

Sorry about your eye test and losing your job opportunity.
I hope another door opens for you soon

Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 AM

17 posts, read 32,513 times
To KC~Carolina . . . Thanks. Maybe down the road after I get my eye surgery something will be open at that employer again and I can try then, even if I'm employed elsewhere. It's a really good company and they have excellent benefits and pay. This problem with my eye came up just as I got laid off last year and my insurance was cut off at midnight the day I got laid off. And I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely cannot afford the COBRA premiums. I only get enough now to pay my bills and get food. NOTHING ELSE. Now, I'm starting the third week with no benefit check. This thing with the EB is really confusing. In the beginning, they explained the regular UI benefits, then the tiers, THEN said EB would be the last to pay. Well, with the regular UI and the tiers, of course that's longer than 52 weeks (1 year) and we would be into a second year. Nothing at that time was ever said that we would have to BE ELIGIBLE for a second year in order to get EB if we had to. Or DO we get EB from the first year with the pullforward if we reach that point? My pea brain can only handle so much confusion . . . it's about to short circuit!!!!!!!!! So, if we don't qualify for a second year of UI, is the end of tier 4 THE END of it? No EB available? Because I do not qualify for a second year of regular UI.

Good luck with your situation. I wish you the best!!

Old 06-09-2010, 09:39 AM

13 posts, read 35,071 times
I finally got through to ESC in Raleigh and she tried to explain. I am eligible for EB even though I didn't think I was and that is what I'm being paid. She didn't know why I received the "can not be processed because of a prior disqualification" message. I am not eligible for new benefit year- even though my claim profile shows new benefit year, reg. active claim and no issues- because of the 6x rule. If the senate passes the bill, I will go back to tier 2, then 3&4. Once those are exhausted, I'll get remaining EB.

I fear they will realize I shouldn't have been approved for EB and want it back. However, I'm hoping she was right.

It's sad, I heard on the news this morning about a bank robbery in a neighboring county. My first thought was- he probably stopped getting his unemployment. Not that I condone robbing or stealing at all. I'm just simply stating what my first thoughts on the person who would have gotten to a place where they thought they had no other choice.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Can't say for sure what the online screen will show after the pull forward is done. But they will also pull forward your old weekly benefit amount, so you should still receive that amount weekly. Sometimes our internal systems are updated, but the website programming may not be. I've heard from numerous people, even on this board, that their online claim information (monetary balance) is not correct.

Bummer about the eye exam, since everything else went well. It just wasn't meant to be, but the job that IS meant for you is out there somewhere, and hopefully it's sooner rather than later that you find it (or it finds you!).

Old 06-09-2010, 01:50 PM

22 posts, read 47,825 times
Quote:

Man! i am so sorry about the eye problem. Sounds like things were looking bright for you and that pops up out of the blue - so sorry

Yes i am still waiting for the senate vote

I'm not to sure if i told you guys this but I was just going into tier 4 before the extentions expired so I wouldnt get unemployment even if the pullforward went into affect right now. ( i think thats right - jd please correct me if i am wrong).

Last edited by Rockomon; 06-09-2010 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina