Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 01:51 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,435,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I'm sorta in your position.
I'm waiting for my year one benefits to pullforard when the bill passes. I don't qualify for new tiers (EUC) in this 2nd year.
However and a HUGE However, I've been on the phone for 2 days now, because they've issued me EB, which is a state $$ that's NOT supposed to pullforward and I'd only be eligible to get it at the end of tier 4 this year or in breaks like this one, (IF) I qualified for new tiers .. Which I DON'T(Ugh)
The lady in Raleigh, was also very nice both times, got a man yesterday, They tell me I'm supposed to have EB and to certify.
I know I'll get popped with an OVER PAYMENT the minute I certify and collect my weekely EB payments.
It's very tempting, since I'm basically broke and waiting like so many for the pullfoward to start up and the senate vote to get here.
So my claim status shows, Regular active claim , and at the bottom it says' EB, eligibility (yes) and then shows my weekly amount that I've been recieving this year.
I also got a letter yesterday saying I qualify for EB and the amount I can get.... UGH!

Tomorrow morning, I'll be making the trip to sit and wait to speak one on one with a rep about this.... they'll have to show me on the screen where they think I can have the EB and why they apparently think I can establish EUC in my year 2.
They've made mistakes like this with others on here before, so I know this can happen.

Sorry about your eye test and losing your job opportunity.
I hope another door opens for you soon
KC, I hope it turns out that you ARE eligible, despite you thinking that you're not. I know the restrictions for EB, and perhaps you've miscalculated wrong or didn't realize there was another quarter of wages, or something...I'd like to THINK that the system was working properly, but we never know. Please update us when you find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 01:55 PM

22 posts, read 47,815 times
jdljr - quick question for you. If the senate votes yes and I move into Tier 4, will I get back paid or will it just start as one payment per week? I've filed claims the last two weeks - but no pay. Thanks in advance

Old 06-09-2010, 01:56 PM

i guess i will call tomorrow and ask about EB - i wasnt sure if it would mess up my tier 4 whenever it comes back into play - but it sounds like it wont mess that up - ???

Old 06-09-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomon View Post
Man! i am so sorry about the eye problem. Sounds like things were looking bright for you and that pops up out of the blue - so sorry

Yes i am still waiting for the senate vote

I'm not to sure if i told you guys this but I was just going into tier 4 before the extentions expired so I wouldnt get unemployment even if the pullforward went into affect right now. ( i think thats right - jd please correct me if i am wrong).
Well, there are two different things going on simultaneously right now...

1) The Senate vote to extend the EUC/EB programs until the end of November and,

2) The pull forward programming for those folks who did not meet the 6x rule to establish a new benefit year. They are having to have their unused extension money pulled forward into their new "dummy" benefit year since they didn't have sufficient earnings during their first benefit year to qualify for a NEW benefit year.

So in your case, you may be waiting for the Senate vote...and if/when they vote to extend the EUC programming, you should resume with your Tier 4...unless you had just entered into it before the expiration date, whereby you would have continued with your Tier 4 since you were already in that Tier. Then at the end of the Tier 4, if you're eligible for EB you can request someone to do a "B1" transaction to build the EB on your claim.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
i guess i will call tomorrow and ask about EB - i wasnt sure if it would mess up my tier 4 whenever it comes back into play - but it sounds like it wont mess that up - ???
No, it won't mess it up. If you're getting EB when the Senate vote comes into play, then we program our system, you'd revert back to the Tier 4 until it's exhausted, then revert back to the EB.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
jdljr - quick question for you. If the senate votes yes and I move into Tier 4, will I get back paid or will it just start as one payment per week? I've filed claims the last two weeks - but no pay. Thanks in advance
They've always made it retroactive before, to the previous phase out date, so I'm assuming you would get the back pay for any weeks you've certified.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
They've always made it retroactive before, to the previous phase out date, so I'm assuming you would get the back pay for any weeks you've certified.

thanks for answering all three of those posts - you are a great person . I was telling my wife about you and how you are so helpful on here. She says "thank you"

Old 06-09-2010, 02:27 PM

You know, Ive always voted Republican. I started my life/career in the military and I always liked what Republicans did for the military but i gotta tell ya - North Carolina Senator Richard Burr is not supporting this unemployment extension (actually not a single Republican is). The Repbulican party is pissing me off - I understand this gridlock war the two parties are doing - heck they have been doing it forever - but this is ridiculous.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,989 times
Default tier 1 eligibilty

hello forum, I have a question;

My Benefits claim was started in december of "09", and my 26 weeks are up. They ended on the first week of june. It says that my benefits are exhausted as of right now.

My question is: should I be eligible for tier 1, or am I waiting on the senate to vote for a extension. I have not received any tiers as of yet and am a bit confused as to my eligibility for any tier.

Thankyou for all/any help in advance...

Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrphlly View Post
hello forum, I have a question;

My Benefits claim was started in december of "09", and my 26 weeks are up. They ended on the first week of june. It says that my benefits are exhausted as of right now.

My question is: should I be eligible for tier 1, or am I waiting on the senate to vote for a extension. I have not received any tiers as of yet and am a bit confused as to my eligibility for any tier.

Thankyou for all/any help in advance...
If you monetarily meet the requirement to receive extensions, then you should receive Tier 1 when/if the Senate votes to extend the EUC program. You may want to find out from someone at your local office if you qualify for EB - Extended Benefits - (same monetary requirement for EUC) and if you do, they can do a "B1" transaction to build the EB on your claim and you can receive that while waiting for the EUC program to be extended.

The monetary requirement is that your total base period wages must be equal to or greater than 1.5 times the high quarter in the base period. Simple example: Say the high quarter in your base period is $10,000. You would, therefore, need at least $15,000 total base period wages in order to qualify for any EUC or EB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina