U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-10-2010, 12:51 PM
 
330 posts, read 402,495 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
hmmm.......
ok, let me see if I understand this.
You have finished year one, but had some tiers left when you had to start a new benefit year(#2)
So did you finish year 2 or did you just finish UI and were ineligible for EUC in year 2?
not totally sure what youre asking.

quick review:
3/09 started benefit year 1.
collected 25 weeks before getting a job.
worked that job for 13 weeks, laid off.
14 more weeks of benefits, and my benefit year ended. (i assume this was Tier 1, but that was never specified, because that would take 5 characters on the letter, and who can afford that?)
2nd claim started 3/10, but good for only 13 weeks.
that just ended.

so i thought it would go back and pick up...6 more weeks of Year 1/Tier 1?
then on to 2, 3, 4?

but the email from them makes it sound like theyll first look at extensions for benefit year 2. and that a look back at year 1 will take longer because it isnt an automatic computer act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2010, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,155 posts, read 3,089,352 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
as my 2nd benefit year just ended, i figured i would go back to where i was on the federal extensions/tiers when year one ended.

here was the response:

"Once your new claim is filed, potential eligibility for extension funds is based on that new claim. If your are determined ineligible for benefits based on your current claim, then there is a possibility that extension funds from your old claim could be pulled forward to your new claim.

If you are ineligible for benefits on your current claim, the process of pulling forward funds from your prior claim is lengthy, and could take several weeks. This is because, this is not done automatically by the system."

so, they look at year 2, instead of going back to where you were when you left in year one. nonchronological. hmm.
They only look to year two to see if you're eligible or inelgible to set anything up there. If not, then the unused extension money is pulled forward from year one. If having funds pulled forward from year one, you'd pick up exactly where you left off in year one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,155 posts, read 3,089,352 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
JDLJR,
ok, I went and waited and basically found out that they say I am eligible for a new set of tiers in year 2.
I still didn't understand it as she showed me the screen and explained.
I'll get the minimum amount on all tiers at my lower rate.
Thus the reason I qualify for EB right now at 11 weeks.
So crazy that my EUC tiers and EB at this new year rate is still a way lesser amount than collecting a pullforward for remaining tier 2, then 3&4 from yr1.
Yea, whatever you qualify for in year two - regular UI, extensions, etc - regardless of how much less it may be - is what you'll collect at this point. They wouldn't dip into the first benefit year if you're still eligible for money from the second one. When the EUC program gets extended, you'll revert to Tier 1 I guess, and move up through the EUC tiers before going back to EB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,155 posts, read 3,089,352 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
not totally sure what youre asking.

quick review:
3/09 started benefit year 1.
collected 25 weeks before getting a job.
worked that job for 13 weeks, laid off.
14 more weeks of benefits, and my benefit year ended. (i assume this was Tier 1, but that was never specified, because that would take 5 characters on the letter, and who can afford that?)
2nd claim started 3/10, but good for only 13 weeks.
that just ended.

so i thought it would go back and pick up...6 more weeks of Year 1/Tier 1?
then on to 2, 3, 4?

but the email from them makes it sound like theyll first look at extensions for benefit year 2. and that a look back at year 1 will take longer because it isnt an automatic computer act.
Yes, this is all true. If you don't qualify for NEW extensions in your 2nd benefit year, then they'd pull forward any EUC from your first benefit year for you to draw. Pull forwards are not automatic, they HAD been running on Tuesday nights, but I'm not sure if they've been suspended due to other programming.

They will not pull forward and you will not receive EB (Extended Benefits) after EUC because you received a 2nd round of regular UI (your 2nd benefit year).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 02:45 PM
 
406 posts, read 695,652 times
Reputation: 354
jdljr,

Have you heard anything about the "pull forward"? it seems that it has occured for some but not all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,155 posts, read 3,089,352 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjsluvskaz View Post
jdljr,

Have you heard anything about the "pull forward"? it seems that it has occured for some but not all
I have not heard anything official. Unfortunately, Monday and Tuesday of this week my office had no computers which meant no access to the mainframe, our inTRAnet, the inTERnet, email, etc. Then yesterday and today I've been out of town at training. However, one of my colleagues was also at today's training and told me that our computers in my office were restored yesterday at about 10:30am. So I'm hoping, when I get to work tomorrow, that there will be some official word on what's going on with the pull forwards. I don't know if they're running them in batches, or what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
 
406 posts, read 695,652 times
Reputation: 354
Thank You ...for what you do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 04:43 PM
 
330 posts, read 402,495 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Yes, this is all true. If you don't qualify for NEW extensions in your 2nd benefit year, then they'd pull forward any EUC from your first benefit year for you to draw. Pull forwards are not automatic, they HAD been running on Tuesday nights, but I'm not sure if they've been suspended due to other programming.

They will not pull forward and you will not receive EB (Extended Benefits) after EUC because you received a 2nd round of regular UI (your 2nd benefit year).

yeah, its not that i think there arent Tiers i qualify for, its that "several weeks" thing. one week is brutal. several is devastating. the power company doesnt care that youll have it in several weeks. Cobra wont wait for back pay. car insurance definitely won't.

incidentally, how current or up to date is your computer hardware? you said something about them taking a computer with them that they couldnt get working. thats terrible. whats the IT department like in a state agency like yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 05:41 PM
 
656 posts, read 997,794 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Yea, whatever you qualify for in year two - regular UI, extensions, etc - regardless of how much less it may be - is what you'll collect at this point. They wouldn't dip into the first benefit year if you're still eligible for money from the second one. When the EUC program gets extended, you'll revert to Tier 1 I guess, and move up through the EUC tiers before going back to EB.
I'm guessing it'll be tier one, since I just finished UI May 29th... you would not believe how close it was, It was just barely the amount of a few dollars that made the difference...... amazing
I start class on June 21st.
Hopefully this will help get me back to work in a different aspect of the job field I've been in for over 25 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,155 posts, read 3,089,352 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
yeah, its not that i think there arent Tiers i qualify for, its that "several weeks" thing. one week is brutal. several is devastating. the power company doesnt care that youll have it in several weeks. Cobra wont wait for back pay. car insurance definitely won't.

incidentally, how current or up to date is your computer hardware? you said something about them taking a computer with them that they couldnt get working. thats terrible. whats the IT department like in a state agency like yours?
Our office just got brand new staff computers a month or so ago, so those are all up to date. The old ones were around 10 years old I think. The problem for us was our server. Apparently the software for the server was somehow corrupted and not able to be fixed onsite in our office, so they had to take the server back to Raleigh with them on Monday and fix it, and apparently they brought it back yesterday morning. Of course with the server gone, we had no staff computers, no public computers, no inTRAnet, no inTERnet, no email, etc. Dead in the water, basically. Other offices were unaffected, it was just us. Thankfully that's a rare occurrence! Any major problems not able to be fixed by Raleigh through remote efforts require them to either mail us something or make the loooong drive to do it in person. Inconvenient, but I guess cheaper than having IT staff stationed all throughout the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top