U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,174 times

Advertisements

My unemployment ends in 2 weeks, but my benefit year ending date doesn't end until december. What does that mean? Am i not able to receive unemployment anymore??? Do i have to file a new claim or what???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 07:50 AM

30 posts, read 43,762 times
Hurry up & wait...

Unemployment Extension 2010 Benefits HR 4213 Tax Extenders Bill | CNM News Network

Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 AM

330 posts, read 402,967 times
the latest. again, its the you get EB when i didnt think i would based on what you guys have been saying. i guess there's EB for Year 2, and there's EB for Year 1. this must be about Year 2...since i had a short period of regular benefits from Year 2?

"You have been determined eligible for EB, which has provided you with an additional 10.4 weeks of benefits. The first week of those benefits will pay out to you when you file for week ending 6/12/2010."

Old 06-11-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles93 View Post

CNM news? M? weird.

why extend it to November 30? wouldnt it be natural to at least go to the end of the calendar year? are they trying to ruin Christmas for some families?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:57 AM

30 posts, read 43,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
CNM news? M? weird.

why extend it to November 30? wouldnt it be natural to at least go to the end of the calendar year? are they trying to ruin Christmas for some families?
I don't know if that is a "reliable" source or not, but its the only thing I could find when I googled this AM.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:30 AM

109 posts, read 213,050 times
Roll Call is another good place to check on Senate and House news.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
the latest. again, its the you get EB when i didnt think i would based on what you guys have been saying. i guess there's EB for Year 2, and there's EB for Year 1. this must be about Year 2...since i had a short period of regular benefits from Year 2?

"You have been determined eligible for EB, which has provided you with an additional 10.4 weeks of benefits. The first week of those benefits will pay out to you when you file for week ending 6/12/2010."

one of my followups:

"so are you saying that going into EB of Year 2 negates pulling forward unused Tier 1-4 monies from benefit Year 1?
but that with Congressional action i would go to Tier 1 of the 2nd benefit year?"

answer:

"The only way that extension funds can be pulled forward from your prior claim is if you did not qualify for extension funds based on your current claim. You have qualified for an extension on your current claim, so no money will be pulled forward from your prior claim.

EUC funds are paid out before EB funds. So, if EUC is reinstated, your eligibility for EUC will be determined, and if eligible, you will be paid from EUC, as as mentioned, your EB will be pushed out to the end of your claim. Also, as mentioned, any eligibility for extension funds will be based on your current claim."

this sounds like my Year 1 Tiers are gone for good...yes? even tho i only used 14 weeks of Tier 1.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:33 PM

656 posts, read 998,886 times
Quote:
one of my followups:

"so are you saying that going into EB of Year 2 negates pulling forward unused Tier 1-4 monies from benefit Year 1?
but that with Congressional action i would go to Tier 1 of the 2nd benefit year?"

answer:

"The only way that extension funds can be pulled forward from your prior claim is if you did not qualify for extension funds based on your current claim. You have qualified for an extension on your current claim, so no money will be pulled forward from your prior claim.

EUC funds are paid out before EB funds. So, if EUC is reinstated, your eligibility for EUC will be determined, and if eligible, you will be paid from EUC, as as mentioned, your EB will be pushed out to the end of your claim. Also, as mentioned, any eligibility for extension funds will be based on your current claim."

this sounds like my Year 1 Tiers are gone for good...yes? even tho i only used 14 weeks of Tier 1.
Sounds like it. You and I are in the same boat, the same letter and the exact same explanation.
I did collect to the middle of tier 2 in yr one.
I'm no math genius, but I think I'm fairly intelligent enough to do the 1.5 math and I still don't understand how they say I'm able to go into new EUC tiers for yr 2.???? It doesn't add up at all!
I went to the local office saw the screen and they explained til they were tired of explaining. All I can say is that after I file this Sunday and collect EB until I get the supposed yr 2 tiers 1-EB , they better not send me one of their famous "OOPs we made a mistake and your NOT eligible for any EUC in yr 2 and we mistakinly gave you EB(state money) and now you have to pay it back before we can pullforard your yr one tiers".... UGH! This has happened to others I've talked to on this forum, so I know it can happen.
I feel so cynical and I hate that I've become like this, but I've heard so much from others about this.
I worked up until the end of Jan '09 and that's it except for some days this past Jan PT, which wouldn't have counted toward a new set of EUC. this yr.
I would have made more (weekly) had they pulled forward my tier 2-4 from the 1st year, instead of a quck round of 1-EB at such a lower weekly rate til Nov 30th.
I'm filing Sunday and will collect EB til the senate gets going, but Oh boy is this scary if I get an Overpayment!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 PM

i can see where we'd get EB for Year 2 if its a case of EUC of Year 2 being held up because of the Senate.

i'm not smart enough, so far, to fully grasp Year 1 being done.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:32 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,091,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAI_SLON View Post
My unemployment ends in 2 weeks, but my benefit year ending date doesn't end until december. What does that mean? Am i not able to receive unemployment anymore??? Do i have to file a new claim or what???
Depends on what stage of unemployment you're at. If you've exhausted just your regular UI, you may qualify for extensions if you meet the monetary requirement. If so, you will have to wait until the Senate extends the EUC program to get into that. If you're eligible for EB (Extended Benefits), you may be able to start those while awaiting the EUC series of extensions to be re-opened.

Your benefit year is valid until December. You can't open another one until that time. A benefit year is valid for just that...a year. Within a benefit year, you have a claim that pays for an amount of time determined by the wages in your base period. You must maintain your eligibility each week in order to continue to certify your claim on a weekly basis.

I would visit your local office and have them examine your claim and let you know exactly where you stand, if you're not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or