U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-16-2010, 04:51 PM

656 posts, read 710,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Seen this?

Unemployment bill dealt Senate defeat :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/business/story/7795190/ - broken link)

This is really a bummer. I am so sorry. I'm praying for all of you!
Geesh!
Thanks for this update jskin.
I had a feeling this was going to happen
I've become such a cynical person these days it makes me sick.
I think it's happened through all of this waiting and wondering and my "jobless" interviews and the whole 9 yards. I start class on the 21st, that's my bright light of hope for right now

I found out I am able to get new EUC in this 2nd benefit year, I suppose now minus the $25.00 weekly, that $100.00 extra a month was a huge deal for me!
It's almost too small of a weekly amount after the $100.00 taken out to pay anything with., but I barely qualified, and I mean, barely by dollars.

I'm collecting EB right now, and get it for awhile.
I hope this all works out SOON for all of those on hold right now with nothing to collect .
The whole thing seems as though it's just dragging out so slowly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 05:53 PM

193 posts, read 171,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
i was in euc08?? it's the one after the 3rd extension. in the middle of it, that benefit year had ended. I started my new year.. and it only lasted 13 weeks. I'm going to start calling now.. wish me luck.

i called.. and got thru.. thankfully. the rep wasnt helpful. she said because i'm in california, even though im an NC resident, that i won't qualify for any extensions. so i hung up and called my local office (smithfield) and they did say that tonight the balance from last year (what i had left) will be pushed forward. she said i should get paid this week .. i wont hold my breath. i only wish i was back in nc.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,379,063 times
Quote:
i called.. and got thru.. thankfully. the rep wasnt helpful. she said because i'm in california, even though im an NC resident, that i won't qualify for any extensions. so i hung up and called my local office (smithfield) and they did say that tonight the balance from last year (what i had left) will be pushed forward. she said i should get paid this week .. i wont hold my breath. i only wish i was back in nc.
What...another incompetent in the RSC? How could that be??

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it really irritates the *you know what* out of me that folks give out wrong information and don't even (seemingly) bat an eyelash. I'm glad you called your former local office and hopefully what Smithfield told you is accurate and you will be paid this week.

You should qualify for any remaining EUC and MAY qualify for EB. I don't have the list in front of me but recently some states "triggered off" of EB and any claimants that are living in states that "triggered off" are eligible for only two weeks of EB, even if their claim and wages are in NC. EB is based on the Unemployment Rate in the state you live, not in the state your claim is.

Just hope for the best.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:53 AM

407 posts, read 410,588 times
JDLJR

can u clarifY???
the NEW proposal that DROPS the extra $25 a week. How would that affect people like me (who are SUPPOSED to move from Tier 2 to Tier 3 a week from Monday)
I had ASSUMED it would just END once passed and that would be gone. BUT this article indicates that people currently receiving the extra $25 would do so until the "exhaustion of all benefit programs"?

Vote on revised federal unemployment extension bill could come Friday | MLive.com

Old 06-17-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
What...another incompetent in the RSC? How could that be??

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it really irritates the *you know what* out of me that folks give out wrong information and don't even (seemingly) bat an eyelash. I'm glad you called your former local office and hopefully what Smithfield told you is accurate and you will be paid this week.

You should qualify for any remaining EUC and MAY qualify for EB. I don't have the list in front of me but recently some states "triggered off" of EB and any claimants that are living in states that "triggered off" are eligible for only two weeks of EB, even if their claim and wages are in NC. EB is based on the Unemployment Rate in the state you live, not in the state your claim is.

Just hope for the best.

Thanks and I completely understand.

I do have another question.. I promise, I'll quit pestering.

She said it would happen last night ( the full forward ).. I got up this morning, checked my claim profile and nothing has changed. Of course, I haven't been paid. Should I waste my breath or wait another day?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 AM

656 posts, read 710,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
JDLJR

can u clarifY???
the NEW proposal that DROPS the extra $25 a week. How would that affect people like me (who are SUPPOSED to move from Tier 2 to Tier 3 a week from Monday)
I had ASSUMED it would just END once passed and that would be gone. BUT this article indicates that people currently receiving the extra $25 would do so until the "exhaustion of all benefit programs"?

Vote on revised federal unemployment extension bill could come Friday | MLive.com
I read all of it and it sounds that way to me.,
(that those already collecting the $25.00 subsidy weekly would continue to do so through Dec 7th).. unless the house wishes to change it once it gets there for they're vote.

I'm hoping and praying as I type that we're getting the republicans needed to help this senate vote go through >TODAY!

Thanks for posting the link CA11

Old 06-17-2010, 11:46 AM

ok. nevermind. apparently, the person i spoke to this morning at the extensions hotline told me i would not qualify for anything at all. the only way i could get those funds pushed forward would be if senate passes the bill.

i hate that i wasted all my time this week calling and calling to get multiple different answers.

I was in tier 2 last year when my benefit year ended. This year (started 2/26) ended 6/6.. if had ended May something, I would be fine.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
JDLJR

can u clarifY???

I saw the same thing today in an article and have no further clarification. I would hate to say something that isn't right so we'll have to wait until the final verson of the bill is actually signed in order to translate it.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
ok. nevermind. apparently, the person i spoke to this morning at the extensions hotline told me i would not qualify for anything at all. the only way i could get those funds pushed forward would be if senate passes the bill.

i hate that i wasted all my time this week calling and calling to get multiple different answers.

I was in tier 2 last year when my benefit year ended. This year (started 2/26) ended 6/6.. if had ended May something, I would be fine.
Yes, once (when/if) the Senate passes the extension of the EUC program, it should be retroactive to the date it lapsed and any weeks you're eligible for from that point forward (the lapse date) should be payable to you if you have EUC benefits still available to you.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:18 PM

5 posts, read 5,356 times
I was wondering how I can figure out if I qualified for tier 3. So, the week of I started tier 2 (on 3/8/10) I originally qualified for 12 weeks. Then with the addition of a week, I qualified for 12.96 weeks. (by dividing the amount). So with the deadline being May 29th for beginning another tier, I would just make it with the 12 weeks. However with the additional .96 weeks, would I not qualify? I remember reading that they add that additional last week to the end of tier 3. Is that correct and would this qualify me for tier 3? I have not received a letter but have been receiving full weekly benefits since. Perhaps tier 3 kicked in? Thank you sooooo much for all your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina