U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 04:59 AM

5 posts, read 50,256 times

Advertisements

PLEASE do not be suckered into these lies!

THE FOLLOWING IS INSIDE INFO:

The NCESC is not being forward with their information.
The so called "computer update" is a STALLING tactic.
It is being used by many states for the tier 2 and tier 3 extensions.

States were told to do this by the federal government in hopes of not paying benefits to all claimants eligible, by waiting out the December 31 deadline.

The computer system is just as old as it was in July and December 2008, when the federal government approved the first wave of extensions.

CALL THE NCESC EXTENSION hotline in Raleigh, NC (1-866-795-8877) and demand answers to why the money has not been released.

The only way to move this along is if everyone will begin complaining to Raleigh!
DO IT TODAY, if you want to see your tier 3 benefits!!!!

NO JOKE, THIS IS FACT!

EXTENSION HOTLINE IN RALEIGH: 1-866-795-8877
EXTENSION EMAIL ADDRESS: [EMAIL="ESC.UI.EUS08@NCMAIL.net"]ESC.UI.EUS08@NCMAIL.net[/EMAIL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 PM

18 posts, read 40,661 times
I have my new plan year in place and my claim says monetarily ineligible which I understand because of no wages in the past 5 quarters. What about this being a transitional claim with this past extension that Obama passed? Would those monies be part of a transitional claim? Any help would be appreciated, trying to call office bvut always busy, will keep trying though Thanks!!!!1

Old 12-15-2009, 04:39 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,143,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly1936 View Post
I have my new plan year in place and my claim says monetarily ineligible which I understand because of no wages in the past 5 quarters. What about this being a transitional claim with this past extension that Obama passed? Would those monies be part of a transitional claim? Any help would be appreciated, trying to call office bvut always busy, will keep trying though Thanks!!!!1
"Transitional" just means transitioning from one benefit year to the next when the last year of the previous benefit year has been certified. Since you don't have wages to set up a new, regular UI claim, then they'll pull forward any unused extension money from your old benefit year so that you may draw that.

I know the extension that the President signed is to be retroactive to November 8th, but haven't been told whether it'll apply to new benefit years where the only thing possible is to pull forward the unused extension money.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,426 times
I called the NCESC extended benefits line, today, they informed me that the letters are not scheduled to go out until December 30, 2009!

Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 AM

25 posts, read 50,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1badaki View Post
I called the NCESC extended benefits line, today, they informed me that the letters are not scheduled to go out until December 30, 2009!
Thanks for the information.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1badaki View Post
...as has been anticipated all along. Six weeks from Nov 18th. No surprises.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:45 PM

64 posts, read 153,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
...as has been anticipated all along. Six weeks from Nov 18th. No surprises.
NC ESC stated it expected that some implementations could take up to 6 weeks. It's been at least a month since that update. Hopefully they can keep to their original guess-timate.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:38 PM

6 posts, read 13,449 times
Default Not sure - looking for guidance

Trying to make sense out of what might happen over the next few weeks. Here are the particulars:

Claim Profile
Benefit year 6/14/09 thru 6/12/10
Claim status regular active claim
Active issues no

Received first benefit payment for week ending 6/27/09
Currently on last (26th) payment for week ending 12/19/09

Shows one week of benefit left.

Questions
(1) The "greeting" message on the customer service line says to simply continue to file each week and you will receive any 'extra' or 'extended' benefits you are eligible for - do I need to do anything besides just the weekly filing starting next week?
(2) Assuming I do qualify for the next stage of benefits, what impact does the Dec 31, 2009 'deadline' for congress passing an extension have on me?

Hope any insight and/or guidance for me will be helpful for others. If this has already been answered elsewhere, just point me in the right direction.

Rick

Old 12-17-2009, 03:39 PM

716 posts, read 1,357,904 times
Default More Unemployment Extensions?

Did anyone hear about unemployment benefits being extended another 26 weeks? This would greatly benefit anyone whos UI benefits are about to expire. So instead of having 99 weeks of UI benefits one could get 125 weeks

Old 12-17-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo1949 View Post
Trying to make sense out of what might happen over the next few weeks. Here are the particulars:

Claim Profile
Benefit year 6/14/09 thru 6/12/10
Claim status regular active claim
Active issues no

Received first benefit payment for week ending 6/27/09
Currently on last (26th) payment for week ending 12/19/09

Shows one week of benefit left.

Questions
(1) The "greeting" message on the customer service line says to simply continue to file each week and you will receive any 'extra' or 'extended' benefits you are eligible for - do I need to do anything besides just the weekly filing starting next week?
(2) Assuming I do qualify for the next stage of benefits, what impact does the Dec 31, 2009 'deadline' for congress passing an extension have on me?

Hope any insight and/or guidance for me will be helpful for others. If this has already been answered elsewhere, just point me in the right direction.

Rick
No, just keep filing each week as you have been. If you're eligible for extensions (meet the monetary formula), they happen automatically.

Not sure what impact the Dec 31 deadline has on you. I know Congress is working on extending the date by 6 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or