U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-16-2010, 09:47 PM

8 posts, read 8,146 times
To jdljr

Thank you so much for all the information you have and still continue to share. Your time, patience and knowledge are greatly appreciated by all. You will never know how comforting it is to have our questions answered, even if the information may not be what we are hoping for. The fact that we have someone actually listening to us and helping guide us through this overwhelming process is such a blessing and we are all truly grateful for all you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 09:58 PM

773 posts, read 1,038,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
QUESTION for JDLJR!
First Thanks again for all you do! I can never say that enough!!!

Second, ok, so we have a senator from WV being named shortly and being sworn in Tues and a Vote on the bill First thing after that on Tuesday. We all expect that by the end of the week itll be passed and finalized!

MY QUESTION---- is how ready is NC?? I know some states like NJ I think went ahead and STILL MOVED PEOPLE to the next tier, since we knew it was going to pass! so some states ALLREADY are ready! How ready is NC??? I know that back in the fall, we had a MESS because the computers were not ready. I am HOPING that they have it all worked out and just ready to RUN the new software once the bill is passed???

ALSO, how is it going to work? I moved to Tier 3 (OR DIDNT MOVE) in the last week of June. Do they have a Program to run that will AUTOMATICALLY fix me???

AND since I have not been able to do my weekly certification--- WHAT THEN??? Once the system is fixed can i go back and RE CERTIFY Those past few weeks???? ORRRRRR do I need to have someone (like you) MANUALLY recertify them for me????

I know there are MANY MANY MANY people in the same boat as me, and Im HOPING that NC is on top of this??? Its been hard enough not getting paid for a few weeks (and I still realize itll be another week or 2 of NOT) but I hope that NC wont make us wait another 2-3 extra weeks while they figure out what to do.

Please advise and help!
Sounds almost identical to my situation. I exhausted Tier 2 about 3 weeks ago. I haven't been able to certify...so I've got about 2 or 3 weeks of certifying to do. I haven't gotten any determination letter for Tier 3...my online account is still listed as unknown...and I don't know if I'm on any list in the system to be bumped to the next tier.

I keep hearing some 300,000 people each week are hitting the end of a Tier and are waiting on Congress (some 2.5M-3M by the end of this week). That is alot of damn people! And you got to figure NC's got in the tens of thousands. Again, the easiest (and less stressful) thing for us to do, is for this to be automatic...the program bumps you to the next tier, you get your letter, and you can begin certifying the weeks you missed. I'm certain there are going to be people that will fall thru the cracks and will have some anxiety.

As jdljr pointed out...it seems to be up in the air. I called my Raleigh office, and the lady (who was quite nice for a change! ) explained to me that she couldn't really speculate how the process will be until it essentially happens. She did tell me that it would be best to wait a couple days after the extension is passed and then try to contact them via e-mail or phone, because she said they're expecting a flood of calls in the hours and days after passage...and she was honest in saying that they're not going to have much to say to people at that time, other than "please be patient while we, in essence, play catch up and get everybody where they need to be."

When (if) it passes, please keep us (and especially me) posted in this thread about how you're coming along...and I'll do the same. I'm sure there are a flood of guests viewing this thread, and I'm sure sharing our experience (if we hear anything) will go a long way. Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-17-2010, 07:17 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,347,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowska View Post
What would be a disqualification? If someone qualified for regular UI, what would disqualify them for EB?

Thanks JDLJR
The major disqualification would be if you had been fired or you quit your job, it went to adjudication and they ruled in your favor BUT gave you a time-certain disqualification, like 4-9 weeks. In other words, you were allowed to draw UI, but the first 4-9 weeks of your claim were disqualified due to some fault on your part. If it would have been ALL fault on your part it may be totally disqualified (thus you wouldn't be able to draw UI), or if it was NO fault on your part, then the ruling would have been totally in your favor and no disqualification whatsoever. But they do sometimes give time-certain disqualifications when there may have been some fault, but not rising to the level of misconduct.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,687 times
I got a message today... our records indicate that your benefit year has expired. if you need further information, contact your local Employment Security Commission office.. what does that mean??

Old 07-18-2010, 10:12 PM

773 posts, read 1,038,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMK12 View Post
I got a message today... our records indicate that your benefit year has expired. if you need further information, contact your local Employment Security Commission office.. what does that mean??
It sounds like your benefit year expired. You will need to file and submit a new claim (the exact same thing you did when you filed originally) for a new benefit year in order to continue drawing unemployment.

After doing that, you may qualify for a new regular claim (I again, forget the formula but it's buried in these pages somewhere or someone can again explain that). I qualified, and I got 13 weeks. When that exhausts...you then may be able to pull forward any unused Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC, Tiers 1-4) money from your first benefit year.

If you don't qualify for a new regular claim, you then should be able to pull forward whatever EUC benefits went unused during your first year. So, in other words, if your benefit year ended say, in the middle of Tier 1, you should then be able to pull forward right from where you left off and continue drawing. But, you must file a new claim regardless since your original claim expired.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:00 PM

193 posts, read 168,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
There are no NEW tiers of extensions in the bill. So once you receive your pull forward EUC your benefits would be exhausted.

I do meet the 1.5x rule for my 2nd year

BUT .. say.. if they pass the bill this week, and start paying next week, since I'm in the pull forward from my 1st year, will it automatically kick me back to my 2nd year? or finish out my pull forward?

Old 07-19-2010, 07:27 AM

5 posts, read 5,134 times
Default benefits exhausted

I checked my EUC benefits this morning and in my claim profile my claim status said "BENEFITS EXHAUSTED". I just finished tier 2 in my second year. I thought I would qualify for tiers 3 and 4??? I am confused, as usual. Any help is appreciated.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:05 AM

31 posts, read 24,647 times
If you are in the Tiers is it still required to look for work 2 days a week with a total of 2 searches one on each day?

Old 07-19-2010, 09:40 AM

656 posts, read 698,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartlett View Post
I checked my EUC benefits this morning and in my claim profile my claim status said "BENEFITS EXHAUSTED". I just finished tier 2 in my second year. I thought I would qualify for tiers 3 and 4??? I am confused, as usual. Any help is appreciated.
The senate has been out since June 2nd trying to aprove the bill that will allow any further extensions with our unemployment extension benefits.. so far they've ruled against it 3x's.
However, they're expected to vote again tomorrow and Sen. Byrds new replacement is "expected" to rule in favor and give us the amount of votes we need (60)to continue on with the extension bill.
So long story short, your done with your tiers "until " this vote and they get everything in the computers., hopefully no more than a week.

YOu may want to call ESC local or in Raleigh and see if you qualify to draw from EB (state money) until the extensions get approved.
YOu can possibly draw from your EB until that time, then it will kick you back into tiers 3 then 4 and then if you had any EB left that would roll back to the end of the tiers where it's always at anyway.
You've had to have NO disqualifications on your claim in yr one or 2 to be able to collect on the EB state money.
Hope that helps you a little
Goodluck!

Old 07-19-2010, 09:45 AM

656 posts, read 698,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbb View Post
If you are in the Tiers is it still required to look for work 2 days a week with a total of 2 searches one on each day?
Yes, and you need to have it wrote down on the sheet you can upload from the esc site form>(NCU1506E).
They usually won't call you in to review them while on you collect your tiers.... However they have been known to do that sometimes., so it's best to be prepared.
Usually reviews take place during the time you colect EB(state money), however at that time you may have a rep. that wants to look back throughout all of your job search, make copies ect.....
It seems to vary from office to office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina