Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 07:38 AM

18 posts, read 33,797 times

Advertisements

I recieved a letter from ESC for a eligibility review on 7-30-2010. My 26 weeks ended in June. I had a DQ so I was not eligible for NC. EB. But was told I would be eligible for Fed. benifits if it passes the senate. My question is, How far back do I have to show my work searches. All the way back to Jan. or just back to June when after my 26 weeks ended?
Thanks!
Tayte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post
I recieved a letter from ESC for a eligibility review on 7-30-2010. My 26 weeks ended in June. I had a DQ so I was not eligible for NC. EB. But was told I would be eligible for Fed. benifits if it passes the senate. My question is, How far back do I have to show my work searches. All the way back to Jan. or just back to June when after my 26 weeks ended?
Thanks!
Tayte
Hi,
I'm in yr. 2 and have been on EB since June 8th. I had my first review on June 30th and was worried about it., until another member on here filled me on everything.

Lo and behold I took all my work records in with me and all my rep. did was take the top 2 sheets dating back to May 15th, copy them give them back to me and that was it.
I know all offices are different, but I haven't heard of ANY offices wanting to see all of your records. I'd definatley have 2 months worth and make sure they're written down on the form you can upload from the esc site. You also need complete address's and job code #'s if you do your filing online.

Example: They want more than Target, filed online and Targets address, They'll want the web address and online job applied for also.
I have another review set for July 26th

Goodluck to you

Old 07-22-2010, 01:26 PM

27 posts, read 47,342 times
Hello,
I'm on Year 2, which started on 4/2/10. The tier I was on just ended last week, and I can no longer file for benefits. Should I just wait a week for the extension to work out, or do I need to call in?

This is the message that shows up when I try to file.

"Our records indicate that your benefits are exhausted for the benefit year ending 4/2/2011. For further information and job-seeking assistance, please call the Remote Service Center at 1-888-737-0259."

Last edited by kowska; 07-22-2010 at 01:41 PM..

Old 07-22-2010, 02:13 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,296 times
The extension has just passed the House now...and the President is expected to sign it momentarily. Come on ESC...get workin!

Let us know if you hear anything, jdljr, about timetables, or what we need to do, if we need to do anything to get up and running again. I'm obviously not going to call as soon as it's passed, cuz I'd expect to get nowhere. I might just send an e-mail to start, which I seemed to make some headway doing in the past and maybe call on Monday just to let them know I'm waiting.

If it's automatic, I'm afraid I won't be included in the ones to get an automatic bump to the next tier...simply based on the fact that my account online still says, "UNKNOWN". So, I'm going to try to stay on top of it.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:29 PM

15 posts, read 32,545 times
New here but have been reading for a few months - husband on (well, was on) UE and stopped getting benefits June 2nd...had been getting them previously, then took part time work even though it was less than we could really have lived off off, and then lost job there and started getting benefits again - got them for 13 or 15 weeks, can't remember exactly. how will we know if he will qualify for the extension? typically ncesc isn't the easiest to get into contact with and just being in limbo one way or the other does a number on my ability to budget the money I bring in each month.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:43 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowska View Post
Hello,
I'm on Year 2, which started on 4/2/10. The tier I was on just ended last week, and I can no longer file for benefits. Should I just wait a week for the extension to work out, or do I need to call in?

This is the message that shows up when I try to file.

"Our records indicate that your benefits are exhausted for the benefit year ending 4/2/2011. For further information and job-seeking assistance, please call the Remote Service Center at 1-888-737-0259."
Because no one is yet sure how long it will take to get the EUC extension back in place since the legislation has now been signed, you may want to call to see if you can get any EB. You may not be eligible (can't tell without looking at your claim) but it could take longer than a week to get the EUC program resurrected in our system.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
The extension has just passed the House now...and the President is expected to sign it momentarily. Come on ESC...get workin!

Let us know if you hear anything, jdljr, about timetables, or what we need to do, if we need to do anything to get up and running again. I'm obviously not going to call as soon as it's passed, cuz I'd expect to get nowhere. I might just send an e-mail to start, which I seemed to make some headway doing in the past and maybe call on Monday just to let them know I'm waiting.

If it's automatic, I'm afraid I won't be included in the ones to get an automatic bump to the next tier...simply based on the fact that my account online still says, "UNKNOWN". So, I'm going to try to stay on top of it.
2-6 weeks is what I read as far as getting payments going again. This was on a Yahoo News story I read yesterday and that statement was made by some NC ESC person that I don't recognize his name. I would have thought it would be just 3 or so days to get it going again, based on the fact that it's only changing the phase out date (as they've done twice before in 3-4 days). It's NOT implementing a new extension (like Tier 3 or 4 that each took 6 weeks). So I don't know what the holdup would be.

I'll let you know if I hear anything, but as always, I'm just a rep in a local office far from Raleigh and don't often get firsthand information.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbadsquishy View Post
New here but have been reading for a few months - husband on (well, was on) UE and stopped getting benefits June 2nd...had been getting them previously, then took part time work even though it was less than we could really have lived off off, and then lost job there and started getting benefits again - got them for 13 or 15 weeks, can't remember exactly. how will we know if he will qualify for the extension? typically ncesc isn't the easiest to get into contact with and just being in limbo one way or the other does a number on my ability to budget the money I bring in each month.
He'd have to monetarily qualify for extensions to get them. Without looking at his claim I wouldn't be able to evaluate it. Unfortunately, it would be either a trip to the local office or a call to the remote service center to have someone (hopefully a KNOWLEDGEABLE someone) evaluate his claim to let him know where he stands and what he may be eligible for.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:41 PM

4 posts, read 6,731 times
Default Question regarding new extension bill & extended benefits:

My benefits ended and I was approved for extended benefits since the bill had not been signed. What will happen now? Will I finish out the extended benefits or be put back to a Tier?

Thank you!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joik44 View Post
My benefits ended and I was approved for extended benefits since the bill had not been signed. What will happen now? Will I finish out the extended benefits or be put back to a Tier?

Thank you!
Put back in a tier once the EUC program has been put back in place. Any weeks of EB that you've been paid would revert to that Tier, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina