Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 12:51 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
I recieved my last check of regular UI (26 weeks) last week. The same week they passed the bill. I was not expecting to get $$$ this week. I went in to the ESC last Thursday and filed for EB just in case that would kick in this week as they get everything up and running again. Well, I got my $$$ this week. Got a letter from ESC yesterday saying I am monetarily eligible for EUC benefits for 20 weeks. So I was kicked into Tier 1 without a hitch the week after the bill was passed. Didn't miss a beat. Maybe because I didn't actually go any time without receiving $$$ and there was never a stoppage in my $$$ that I was able to smoothly go right into Tier 1. Not sure.

One question: Since I am in Tier 1 and not on EB will I get called in for a review on Tier 1, or are reviews usually done for those on EB? Just curious.
"Usually reviews are only done while receiving EB",
Unless your recieve an audit on your benefits.
Keep your records in case.. always a good thing
I had 2, while on EB, I'm hoping now I've rolled into tier one, I'm done with reviews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 01:04 PM

18 posts, read 33,799 times
Default review

Hi, I have a review on Friday. I have applied to a lot of jobs on craigslist.
most of them don't tell you who the employer is. So just put the email address? Also on the from NCUI 506E it has space for three job searches a week. I thought we only needed two? It's hard enough to find one job to apply for in a week.
Another concern I have is what if the employer deletes the email because I'm sure they get hundreds of them?
Thanks!

Last edited by tayte2003; 07-28-2010 at 02:02 PM..

Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post
Hi, I have a review on Friday. I have applied to a lot of jobs on craigslist.
most of them don't tell you who the employer is. So just put the email address? Also on the from NCUI 506E it has space for three job searches a week. I thought we only needed two? It's hard enough to find one job to apply for in a week.
Thanks!
Heh...have you ever applied to the same job twice? I've done that a few times not knowing that I had already sent my resume. Then when I log it in, I look up like 3 rows (on excel), and I see the same damn position.

On a related note...I spoke to one of my buddies who is in a similar boat as I'm in, except he ran out of benefits a week before me (we got laid off together among 10 others on that day). And I told him what jdljr said in that we will need to report our job search records for the time we haven't been able to collect, and he told me he didn't know he was supposed to keep tracking them and following the NCESC's specific guidelines. He says he's looked and sent resumes in, but isn't tracking it, so now he's panicking like a little nancy trying to figure out where he applied, etc.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:22 PM

15 posts, read 32,548 times
I think what they really look for is best effort to apply - so if one of them is applying by email just fill in as much as you can. Once, my mother went in for a review, and hadn't typed her stuff up, she'd just cut out the ads she applied to and taped them to paper with dates and such...they took that (I know, I know, it sounds crazy...bc my mother IS crazy...but my point is, do your best and that's all you can do!).

Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM

6 posts, read 12,803 times
To butterfly 57 my money 3 weeks at least was there after 12:30!! hooray ! check yours? And I called got thru and they said the eb issue was being took care of today!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM

27 posts, read 47,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youbadsquishy View Post
I just wish they'd change the generic statement on their website to give us some idea of their plans, time frame, etc. It'd save us a lot of stress and them a lot of phone calls.
Absolutely. This forum with the excellent help that JDLjr has provided have been a huge benefit and a wealth of information. Seems like for the most part from what I have seen at the local ESC, and from calling in that they work very hard at what they do, and are pretty much overwhelmed.

I also think that they need a huge upgrade in the I.T. department. A Intel i7 quad core desktop could probably do real time "pull forwards" and whatever else on the entire ESC data base inside of a minute. I get the feeling they are using a Pentium 1 or a 486 from the early 90's as a data base main frame.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:18 PM

15 posts, read 32,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowska View Post
Absolutely. This forum with the excellent help that JDLjr has provided have been a huge benefit and a wealth of information. Seems like for the most part from what I have seen at the local ESC, and from calling in that they work very hard at what they do, and are pretty much overwhelmed.

I also think that they need a huge upgrade in the I.T. department. A Intel i7 quad core desktop could probably do real time "pull forwards" and whatever else on the entire ESC data base inside of a minute. I get the feeling they are using a Pentium 1 or a 486 from the early 90's as a data base main frame.
I agree - I don't think a majority of those employees are sitting around and just not helping. I just think they can only help so much with so much work and such old equipment; also, if the people who answer the phones aren't given information, there isn't much information that can be passed to us during those phone calls or visits...

...still would like to see hubby's money roll over this week

Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM

330 posts, read 460,872 times
looks like my EB reverted to the EUC last night, retroactive to 6/6, so that EB can once again be at the end of the line.
no indication on my claim profile as to what Year EUC i am on, or what Tier, or how long it will last. maybe a snail mail letter will shed more light on that.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:24 PM

3 posts, read 6,140 times
I have in my hand the dreaded letter telling me that I am not "Monetarily Eligible" for EUC due to insufficient base period wages. I was on the phone for about two hours before I talked with a live, very nice person. However...I still have NO ANSWERS. She told me there was no way to know if I qualify other than just file and see what happens. What will happen? I have been on unemployment for one year. I have applied at every place available and have started continuing ed classes in the medical field since that seems to be the only force hiring. Should I start 'turning tricks'? LOL Just kidding but I am VERY worried. Please...someone help before I cry. I am doing all I can.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:38 PM

18 posts, read 33,799 times
Default do I have to show work search for DQ

do I have to show work search for results for the first nine weeks I had a DQ. It took me 10 weeks to start recieving my benefits. Since I was DQ do I need to show during that time period. Or only for the weeks I was paid.
Also! So they will except a spread sheet? instead of hand writing everthing on form NCUI 506E
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina