U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-31-2010, 09:29 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
^i'd have to say youre correct except that your EB ISNT all used up but 3 weeks, right? Tier 1 EUC effectively goes back and replaces your EB and you get your full EB when theres no EUC, at the end.
my understanding is you NOW have 3 weeks of Tier 1 left, then Tier 2, 3, and right about then its going to be Nov 27.
then, full EB.
Hmmm, from what I understand is when EB state money kicks in, whatever portion is unused, then it goes back to the end of tier 4... at least that's what I was told .
My letter I recieved was the exact same amount 80% of my initial UI and listed the full amt at 11 weeks, just as I recieved for my EB amt.
I'd think if they had deducted it as a tier one payout then the EUC total on the letter should've been 8 weeks less?
I'll slip jdljr a post and ask.
I suppose I'll either be done Nov 27th, or possibly have 3 weeks of state EB after that.
Would be nice though if I did have all of my EB to collect after Nov 27th, ha!
Thanks for bringing that to my attention

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 07-31-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-31-2010, 09:30 AM
 
407 posts, read 600,356 times
Reputation: 48
JDLJR question?

OK Like I said--- last thursday I went down to ESC and showed them what A1 to run to open a tier 3 claim for me and all that, BUT they were no help at all.
I was going to take your advice and go back on friday and ask for someone else

BUT early fri morn, i logged on to NC ESC and it allowed me to back certify all 4 weeks!
EVEN THOUGH Itd been over 28 days?
So I thought (and still hope) all is well
BUT since early fri morning, nothing has happened. I mean USUALLY the funds are on EPPI card quickly and at least the PAYMENT HISTORY portion shows DATE RECEIVED and PROCESSED<

but thus far, nothing?
should I be concerned? OR is it taking longer because of all the retro pay?
please advise
thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 09:37 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34
Hi Jdljr!
Quick question!
I ended UI May 29th, they put me on EB, don't know if you remember, I went to the local office just to make sure it was correct ect...
Anyway.... I now have rolled right into tier one and received my letter this week, 80% of org UI for 11 weeks just as my EB was.
Ok, so now I'm wondering does my 3 weeks left of my unused EB slip to the end of tier 4?
Or, do I receive only 3 weeks of tier one, because EB was a replacment for the unapproved extensions?
Then I'd get full EB after the Nov 27th deadline..?

WHEW!> Thought I had it all straight until somebody brought another scenario to my attention.
Straighten me out when you get time,ok
Thankyou-Thankyou!
(KC)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 10:16 AM
 
2 posts, read 3,872 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks so much for your prompt reply! I ended up calling the EUC08 "hotline" and the rep mentioned something about me having the wrong effective date, whatever that means. She said she changed it and that should do it. She instructed me to file my weekly certification tomorrow and that I should be eligible for retro pay and everything should be back on track. She seemed very uncertain and that concerns me, lol. I get the feeling I will be back on the phone by Tuesday....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,155 posts, read 3,149,292 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
JDLJR question?

OK Like I said--- last thursday I went down to ESC and showed them what A1 to run to open a tier 3 claim for me and all that, BUT they were no help at all.
I was going to take your advice and go back on friday and ask for someone else

BUT early fri morn, i logged on to NC ESC and it allowed me to back certify all 4 weeks!
EVEN THOUGH Itd been over 28 days?
So I thought (and still hope) all is well
BUT since early fri morning, nothing has happened. I mean USUALLY the funds are on EPPI card quickly and at least the PAYMENT HISTORY portion shows DATE RECEIVED and PROCESSED<

but thus far, nothing?
should I be concerned? OR is it taking longer because of all the retro pay?
please advise
thanks again!
They may have done something to your claim then! The weeks you processed would have run through our system last night, and payment usually comes late the next day, or the next day. So maybe yours is on its way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,155 posts, read 3,149,292 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Hi Jdljr!
Quick question!
I ended UI May 29th, they put me on EB, don't know if you remember, I went to the local office just to make sure it was correct ect...
Anyway.... I now have rolled right into tier one and received my letter this week, 80% of org UI for 11 weeks just as my EB was.
Ok, so now I'm wondering does my 3 weeks left of my unused EB slip to the end of tier 4?
Or, do I receive only 3 weeks of tier one, because EB was a replacment for the unapproved extensions?
Then I'd get full EB after the Nov 27th deadline..?

WHEW!> Thought I had it all straight until somebody brought another scenario to my attention.
Straighten me out when you get time,ok
Thankyou-Thankyou!
(KC)
How I understand it is that anyone receiving EB who should have been receiving EUC, all those EB weeks were reverted back to EUC, and your EB weeks were replenished since those weeks are now considered EUC. So by the time you get to EB, if the program is still in existence, you should have your full amount. If someone were to look at your claim, it would be as though your claim never yet paid EB. And either the EB wouldn't even be posted on your claim yet, or it would be there in its entirety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,155 posts, read 3,149,292 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCinNC View Post
Thanks so much for your prompt reply! I ended up calling the EUC08 "hotline" and the rep mentioned something about me having the wrong effective date, whatever that means. She said she changed it and that should do it. She instructed me to file my weekly certification tomorrow and that I should be eligible for retro pay and everything should be back on track. She seemed very uncertain and that concerns me, lol. I get the feeling I will be back on the phone by Tuesday....
Her uncertainty may be nothing more than many others' uncertainty in that we sometimes aren't sure what will or won't work to get claims paid. Sometimes it is trial and error, and unfortunately, only one transaction can be attempted per night. So if it doesn't work one night, have to try something else the next...if that doesn't work, try something else. And each time, it takes overnight processing to see if it'll work. For the most part, though, there are just a few different transactions to try, and most of them DO do what they're supposed to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 10:59 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
How I understand it is that anyone receiving EB who should have been receiving EUC, all those EB weeks were reverted back to EUC, and your EB weeks were replenished since those weeks are now considered EUC. So by the time you get to EB, if the program is still in existence, you should have your full amount. If someone were to look at your claim, it would be as though your claim never yet paid EB. And either the EB wouldn't even be posted on your claim yet, or it would be there in its entirety.
Jdljr,
ok, so I'm really missing something, (as usual)ha!
My letter says maximum EUC benefit: and then lists 11 weeks of benefits at my current weekly wage.... would this be all of the EUC I get TOTAL?.. 11 weeks?
I suppose I was assuming this was tier one, since the 11 weeks listed on the letter is the same as the EB letter I received at 80% of my reg UI
I actually thought I was given EB until the extension went through and then my tiers would start with 1-4 and my remaining EB would go to the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Boone, NC
1,155 posts, read 3,149,292 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Jdljr,
ok, so I'm really missing something, (as usual)ha!
My letter says maximum EUC benefit: and then lists 11 weeks of benefits at my current weekly wage.... would this be all of the EUC I get TOTAL?.. 11 weeks?
I suppose I was assuming this was tier one, since the 11 weeks listed on the letter is the same as the EB letter I received at 80% of my reg UI
I actually thought I was given EB until the extension went through and then my tiers would start with 1-4 and my remaining EB would go to the end.
Not total, just Tier 1. You qualified for EUC in your current benefit year and may have not gotten into it by May 22nd, therefore from whatever point you exhausted your regular UI, you HAD been drawing EB. But now that the EUC program has been extended, any of those weeks since May 22nd that had been paid as EB, have now been reverted to EUC, so you may only have x number of weeks of Tier 1 left (since technically they've already been claimed back to May 22nd or whenever you exhausted your regular UI), and then you'd go into Tier 2. But your EB should be back up to the full number of weeks that you'd qualify for EB, since technically now those weeks back to May 22nd (or whenever) have been counted as EUC. As I said before, it would be as if you have never yet been paid any EB in your 2nd benefit year.

You could, if you have a chance, visit your local office and have someone show you your benefit payment history screen (B.07) and you could see what codes (programs) you'd been paid, dating back to whatever dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 02:13 PM
 
Location: NC
776 posts, read 1,526,300 times
Reputation: 327
I got the letter! I got the letter!

And yeah, all it really says is to call the benefits extension hotline to file a new claim if you're over 4 weeks since the last certification. It too says that they were to be accepting calls M-F from 8:30-6...and they were most definitely closed at 4:15 yesterday, so I don't know what that was all about.

Has any over 4-weeker called the extension hotline yet? What happened? Do you file a new claim over the phone or something? It almost sounds like that is the case...but I'm not exactly sure what else they're looking for. I'm sure if I want back weeks paid, they'll advise me to bring them down to my local office, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top