Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 08:00 PM

12 posts, read 61,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
I wish I knew. Please trust me when I say we are JUST as frustrated as you are. We do not know EXACTLY who is eligible. We are of the belief that if you have exhausted Tier 1 and Tier 2 EUC, then you would be eligible for Tier 3 EUC. If you're currently receiving EB, then you would be taken off EB and transitioned over to EUC Tier 3 until it runs out, then continue on with your EB.

In the meantime, it's just the EUC Tier 3 portion of the new extension that is in place right now. They have not yet completed the programming for adding the additional week to Tier 2 EUC, and they have not yet completed programming for the Tier 4 EUC. Those are still in the works.

We do know that the effective date of the Tier 3 EUC will be 11/08/09 or later. If you exhausted your Tier 1 and Tier 2 EUC before that, your Tier 3 EUC will not be effective back to the date you exhausted your Tier 2 EUC - 11/08/09 is as far back as the Tier 3 EUC goes.

The recent extensions look like this:

1 week added to Tier 2 EUC
up to 13 weeks of EUC (Tier 3) (for all states)
up to an additional 6 weeks of EUC (Tier 4) for states with unemployment rates of 8.5% or higher.

Also please trust me when I say that we are doing our best (at least in our office) to try and understand everything and get the correct information out. There are SO MANY layers of benefits that have never been out there before, so many intricacies. Certainly there may be issues or problems arise that any program testing did not encounter. I know people have had an abundance of patience up to now, and starting tomorrow we can file for Tier 3 for people (PROVIDED the upload of the new programming works tonight!).
Lets all pray the upload works Last thing we need is more delays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 08:08 PM

9 posts, read 19,903 times
While I am not sure of anything at this point, I personally will look at my claim on the ESC website as soon as possible 6am and hope for changes in funds but will not hinge everything on it but rather call at 9:00am as another day or more of waiting on a letter for me is not an option at this point.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:27 PM

37 posts, read 97,385 times
OCRESIDENT Have you exhausted all benefits? I have and was wondering how this will work for someone who has exhausted benefits as far back as April 2009

Old 12-30-2009, 09:20 PM

Yes exhausted all as of Sept 2009, to my understanding we should be eligible as per the wording of HR3548 and everyone I have spoken to at ESC offices but no one will confirm this. I have started a new benifit year since then and have been able to file weekly but no funds have been available. Was told this is what I should do by the CSR. Fingers are crossed. Hope tommrow will shed some light and is not just another stall tactic.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:11 AM

PRAISE THE LORD!!! I am set up for direct deposit and funds were allocated to my account this morning. Hope everyone who is in dire straits as I am will have the same luck today. I was due for eviction in 2 days. I jumped so high I hit the ceiling. Hope I can find work before this extension is up for me. NOW I STILL NEED A JOB but WOW!!!!

Old 12-31-2009, 05:37 AM

59 posts, read 169,728 times
I am so happy for you!!!! Unfortunatley, I do not see the same for me. I guess I will have to contact someone or wait for the letter.

I am one of them who receives benefits on the card. distributed last year.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:39 AM

Relief coming to some of N.C.'s unemployed

Posted: Dec. 30 6:14 p.m.
Raleigh, N.C. — The state Employment Security Commission said Wednesday it is ready to pay out additional unemployment insurance benefits to approximately 78,000 North Carolinians.
Last month, President Barack Obama signed a $24 billion economic stimulus package that extends unemployment in the state for up to 20 weeks.
"We've paid out more than $4.6 billion in benefits to more than 500,000 people," ESC Deputy Chairman David Clegg said. "We are now prepared to roll out the third extension."
Since November, thousands of unemployed North Carolinians, like Bill Dolton, have been waiting to find out if they qualify for the latest benefits extension.
"It's been very depressing," Dolton, of Willow Spring, said. "It seems like it's lagged forever. It's been almost like a nightmare really."
Having received some form of unemployment benefits for 23 months, Dolton said they ran out last week.
"Without any money, it makes it impossible to survive," he said.
The ESC says about 34,000 people will receive letters notifying them about the extension. Others will automatically receive unemployment benefits on a debit card, if they qualify.
The extension could push the maximum a person in a high-unemployment state, such as North Carolina, could receive to 99 weeks, the most in history. Unemployment checks generally are for about $300 a week.
In North Carolina, 8,131 people exhausted their unemployment benefits from late August to late October, according to ESC statistics. Without the most recent extension, approximately 13,000 more people would have run out of benefits in the next two months.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:03 AM

18 posts, read 44,867 times
whooooohoooo!! My claim was switched from Monentarily Ineligible to Regular Active Claim. I spoke with a respresentative at the remote service center in Raleigh and was told that 2 payments in the form of a check had been sent out. She told me this was the extensions even though my claim on line shows zero monies. A BIG THANKS to JDJR, without him, I would have never known that the extensions carry over into a new benefit year, even though you have no earnings in the past 5 quarters.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2009, 07:41 AM

Did you speak to someone this morning? And they provided this information to you? I thought NCESC no longer does checks. but EPPICARD system and/or Direct Deposits.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,072 times
Yay! My husband called this morning and got his benefits extended. He had to call twice as the first time he called the lady told him nothing would go into effect until midnight tonight. I told him they were supposed to be able to start entering claims today, so he called back and got it processed with no problem. Thank you JDLJR, without your input and information, I wouldn't have been armed with the correct information and we'd still be waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina