U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,984 times

Advertisements

Frrrunkis,

The same thing happened to me but a couple of days cleared up and I was able to certify. The guy I had on the phone told me that someone else would be keying in the information and it might take a couple of days. I called on Friday and was able to certify my last week yesterday. Payment for the back 4 weeks was made today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 12:34 PM

776 posts, read 1,525,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkybeagle View Post
Frrrunkis,

The same thing happened to me but a couple of days cleared up and I was able to certify. The guy I had on the phone told me that someone else would be keying in the information and it might take a couple of days. I called on Friday and was able to certify my last week yesterday. Payment for the back 4 weeks was made today.
Yeah, hopefully it'll be manual, like you say, thanks. The guy did unfortunately tell me that he certified those first two weeks and told me to go online and certify the remaining weeks tomorrow (which is today). It doesn't help that I told my wife that we should be getting two weeks direct deposited tomorrow.

I finally got thru now (on hold) after about 5 hours worth of the dreaded busy signal.

Edit: You were right, inky. The agent (who sounded like she lost her Zoloft pills...not a cheerful lady by any means) told me that the manual certifications haven't gone through yet and that..."it might correct itself by tomorrow...maybe". The other guy yesterday was nice...but he sure didn't have all the right info.

I shall be cautiously optimistic that I'll at least get one payment by Friday, at least.

Last edited by OpAck; 08-03-2010 at 12:52 PM..

Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 PM

16 posts, read 26,069 times
I had a new benefit year begin 4/10 to 4/11. I just got the last of my 13 weeks in this new period and it says benefits exhausted. I still had 1 more week of Tier 2 in old year when this started as tier 3 and I was told it would be added on at the end of Tier 4.
Just got a letter of monetary determination that say's I am uneligible for EUC due to insufficient base period wages.I was laid off in February 2009 and had a severence until May 2009 which is when unemployment began. I worked for 20 years steadily prior to that. Isn't there some sort of pull forward, or something that can be done? It says I have 10 days to appeal.
What do I do ??

Old 08-03-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdad1 View Post
I had a new benefit year begin 4/10 to 4/11. I just got the last of my 13 weeks in this new period and it says benefits exhausted. I still had 1 more week of Tier 2 in old year when this started as tier 3 and I was told it would be added on at the end of Tier 4.
Just got a letter of monetary determination that say's I am uneligible for EUC due to insufficient base period wages.I was laid off in February 2009 and had a severence until May 2009 which is when unemployment began. I worked for 20 years steadily prior to that. Isn't there some sort of pull forward, or something that can be done? It says I have 10 days to appeal.
What do I do ??
Same thing happened to me and yes, there is a pull forward of first year EUC (Tiers 1-4) once you exhaust your second year regular UI (mine was 13 weeks also).

Once you exhaust those 13 weeks of regular UI...they automatically attempt to see if you qualify for "new" EUC benefits (meaning starting right from Tier 1 again) for your second benefit year. I didn't qualify for that either and I actually ended up getting 4 of the same letter telling me I didn't qualify for EUC. For peace of mind, I did end up sending an e-mail to the customer service address just telling them I was waiting for a pull forward. But alot of people just wait it out a few days, and it's pretty automatic. You'll get a monetary determination letter that is REVISED and it should include the balance of your Tier 2 benefits...and then you can draw Tier 3 and 4 after that.

So, I'd give it a few more days to wait for the letter. But it wouldn't be terrible to call or e-mail for a status of your pull forward.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:24 PM

16 posts, read 26,069 times
Default Pull Forward

Thanks for your reply.
I have custody of my 2 elementary school children and school supplies, clothes are due ( let alone, rent, food, etc).

This letter saying I didn't qualify for EUC made my stomach knot up and this forum is the only place I knew of to seek credible advice.

If jdljr has any advice, I would welcome it, as he is priceless.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 PM

27 posts, read 43,168 times
Same thing exactly with me as well. Letter saying I wasn't eligible, then a another letter a few days later stating I was back into tier two from the previous year.

They could save themselves and us a lot of trouble if they just sent a letter stating that you didn't qualify for year two EUC but that they will automatically pull forward such and such from your first year and here is what that is.

Nope, letter saying your screwed... wait a few days, call in and waste someones time at the ESC, then find out you're OK. Then get a letter saying so. Weird process if you ask me, though the federal extensions do mess up the established system in place and I understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Same thing happened to me and yes, there is a pull forward of first year EUC (Tiers 1-4) once you exhaust your second year regular UI (mine was 13 weeks also).

Once you exhaust those 13 weeks of regular UI...they automatically attempt to see if you qualify for "new" EUC benefits (meaning starting right from Tier 1 again) for your second benefit year. I didn't qualify for that either and I actually ended up getting 4 of the same letter telling me I didn't qualify for EUC. For peace of mind, I did end up sending an e-mail to the customer service address just telling them I was waiting for a pull forward. But alot of people just wait it out a few days, and it's pretty automatic. You'll get a monetary determination letter that is REVISED and it should include the balance of your Tier 2 benefits...and then you can draw Tier 3 and 4 after that.

So, I'd give it a few more days to wait for the letter. But it wouldn't be terrible to call or e-mail for a status of your pull forward.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdad1 View Post
Thanks for your reply.
I have custody of my 2 elementary school children and school supplies, clothes are due ( let alone, rent, food, etc).

This letter saying I didn't qualify for EUC made my stomach knot up and this forum is the only place I knew of to seek credible advice.

If jdljr has any advice, I would welcome it, as he is priceless.
Yup, as I've always suggested...if I'm answering something, I always want jdljr to review it, make sure it's right, and add anything to it if he sees anything I missed.

I was panicking too. Had I not been reading stuff from this forum, I would've never known about pull forward, and sometimes when you call down there, the reps don't always tell you everything you need to know. But really, don't sweat it. If you're in your second year and you didn't exhaust EUC in your first year, a pull forward will happen if there are no other options for you. It's just a matter of staying on top of it, I guess, and making sure you don't fall thru the cracks.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:58 PM

56 posts, read 68,961 times
I just finished up my last payment on regular E.I. 2nd transitional year claim on Sunday. I have been rolled over to EUC benefits. I got a letter today stating that I am eligible for "maximum benefit amount" of 5252.00. Is this all the EUC I am eligible for on the transitional claim or is this for tier 1 only? I am confused... Thanks to all who can help.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:09 PM

27 posts, read 43,168 times
That is for the tier you're going into, not the max overall.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:24 PM

56 posts, read 68,961 times
Default :-)

Thanks! That is what I was thinking but it didn't specify on the letter so I was still unsure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or