U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 AM

10 posts, read 19,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
I've had two work search reviews as I was on EB and was never told they must be IN PERSON. My records showing email, or submission via the internet, were considered perfectly adequate. What county are you in? I am in Gaston County, and others who have shared their experiences in this forum are in MEcklenburg and ??? Iredell ??? or maybe Union? Anyway, they need not be in person.

I'm in Chatham County, she said it says 2 in-person contacts on the work search form, but it didn't on the one I was mailed and have been using. She did give me a work search form stating 2 in person contacts per week. She also said I could go to another Employment Office and just let them know I wasn't ready for my appointment in the Chatham County office....I'm thinking I will have to try another office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 03:11 PM

13 posts, read 21,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
I don't know why the rules are what they are. But I will say that if the EB is based off the benefit year that your disqualification occurred, then that's when folks are ineligible for it, either in that year or to have it pulled forward to a new year. But if you start a 2nd benefit year and qualify for NEW extensions in your 2nd benefit year, then you would be eligible for EB in that 2nd benefit year because you monetarily qualified for EB in that year, as long as you didn't have a disqualification for a separation issue IN that 2nd benefit year.

sorry for being so late to get back to you but I do want to thank you for that good information and from reading other people questions and your response to them sure lets me know that your are very helpful person in here jdljr....sure do hope your blessings continue to flow for yourself and those that are close to you. By the way I have recieved 4 EB payments with the 25 dollar extra with it so I am assuming that it is from the EB and not the 4th tier. But everytime I have filed my claim it has continued to say( your claim has been accepted but cannot be processed for payment due to a previous disqualification) but the following day the money has been posted. Now I have continued to do my weekly search and have been keeping a record as well.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:22 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,143,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Maybe I am misunderstanding something here?
When my first benefit year ended I was just beginning tier 2. It stopped and I was told I was to begin a new benefit year and that I would have a 1 week waiting period. There was one week that I did not receive benefits, even though I filed. The following week I did receive my first payment of my second benefit year (at $20 less than my first year was). I received benefits from year 2 for 13 weeks, then seemlessly moved back (pulled forward) into tier 2 from my first benefit year and my payment was increased back to the original amount from year 1.
If you qualified for another round of regular UI in year 2, then you WOULD have to serve a new waiting week. If you don't qualify for a new round of regular UI in year 2, and began receiving your transferred unused extension money from your previous year right from the beginning of your year 2, you wouldn't have to serve a new waiting week.

Last edited by jdljr; 08-12-2010 at 05:34 PM..

Old 08-12-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tena1028 View Post
Is it true that the people in Raleigh cannot see further than the tier you are in? I called because I am on my 2nd transitional year and started over on tier 1 (for less weeks than my first year). I wanted to find out how many (if anymore) tiers I would be eligible to receive payment for after Tier 1. The lady told me they cannot tell me anything until my money runs out. So I will be sitting on pins and needles wondering if I am eligible for anymore the week my money is exhausted if I don't have a job by then.

Thanks in advance,
Tena
Well, it's true that not all your tiers are built onto your claim at once. So tier 2 is not built onto your claim until you exhaust tier 1, tier 3 is not built onto your claim until you exhaust tier 2, etc. So no one can see anything on your claim beyond whatever tier you're in.

However...if you qualify for tier 1 EUC, you should automatically qualify for tier 2, 3, and 4. There is no different qualification requirements for the different tiers. If you meet the requirements to get into EUC Tier 1, you should qualify for all other EUC tiers and you should transition into the next tier automatically as long as that program remains in effect.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherluv View Post
sorry for being so late to get back to you but I do want to thank you for that good information and from reading other people questions and your response to them sure lets me know that your are very helpful person in here jdljr....sure do hope your blessings continue to flow for yourself and those that are close to you. By the way I have recieved 4 EB payments with the 25 dollar extra with it so I am assuming that it is from the EB and not the 4th tier. But everytime I have filed my claim it has continued to say( your claim has been accepted but cannot be processed for payment due to a previous disqualification) but the following day the money has been posted. Now I have continued to do my weekly search and have been keeping a record as well.
I wouldn't worry about the messages you're receiving, as long as you're getting your money. If it was truly an issue, it would be blocking your payments. It may be an old issue that was adjudicated, but still is causing the system to give that message. Thanks for your kudos!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaobella2010 View Post
I'm in Chatham County, she said it says 2 in-person contacts on the work search form, but it didn't on the one I was mailed and have been using. She did give me a work search form stating 2 in person contacts per week. She also said I could go to another Employment Office and just let them know I wasn't ready for my appointment in the Chatham County office....I'm thinking I will have to try another office.
The preferred method of contact is IN PERSON.

Now, I'd say some phone or email or fax is fine. But the majority should be in person. Keep in mind that the term here is employer contact. From your contact with the employer, you can then apply for any available jobs however the employer wants you to...call, fill out application, email resume, mail application, apply online, etc. But at least you contacted them in person.

My manager has also warned people about not having enough in person contacts.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:45 PM

56 posts, read 68,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Well, it's true that not all your tiers are built onto your claim at once. So tier 2 is not built onto your claim until you exhaust tier 1, tier 3 is not built onto your claim until you exhaust tier 2, etc. So no one can see anything on your claim beyond whatever tier you're in.

However...if you qualify for tier 1 EUC, you should automatically qualify for tier 2, 3, and 4. There is no different qualification requirements for the different tiers. If you meet the requirements to get into EUC Tier 1, you should qualify for all other EUC tiers and you should transition into the next tier automatically as long as that program remains in effect.

Is that the same even if I am in my 2nd Transitional year? Thanks for your help JDLJR. You are a God sent!! :-)

Old 08-12-2010, 07:03 PM

656 posts, read 1,020,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
Great idea, Time2Travel, why didn't I think of that! BTW, where is that job you promised to help me find? I keep applying, keep getting interviews, & keep getting told I'm over qualified.
lol! You mean to tell me he hasn't followed through for you?????

Old 08-12-2010, 07:10 PM

656 posts, read 1,020,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
I've had two work search reviews as I was on EB and was never told they must be IN PERSON. My records showing email, or submission via the internet, were considered perfectly adequate. What county are you in? I am in Gaston County, and others who have shared their experiences in this forum are in MEcklenburg and ??? Iredell ??? or maybe Union? Anyway, they need not be in person.
I was told the same thing!
Many, Many jobs simply don't accept job app's in person, so lately I've been doing at least 80% online.
Even Walmart and Target only excpet online apps.
Have you gotten anymore eligibilty review notices since rolling into your EUC08?
I haven't and I'm going to work 10 days temp part time at the school where I take classes next week and the week of the 22nd.
I'm hoping they don't mail me another review during my work hrs.(ugh)
I tried emailing and asking if I had any reviews scheduled for August, but after 4 days no reply., I'm assuming the reviews only take place during EB unless being audited ect..... I'm preceding with the job, it's just enrollement and directing students to point A and B, but at least it's a little extra .

Old 08-12-2010, 10:28 PM

616 posts, read 1,565,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I was told the same thing!
Many, Many jobs simply don't accept job app's in person, so lately I've been doing at least 80% online.
Even Walmart and Target only excpet online apps.
Have you gotten anymore eligibilty review notices since rolling into your EUC08?
I haven't and I'm going to work 10 days temp part time at the school where I take classes next week and the week of the 22nd.
I'm hoping they don't mail me another review during my work hrs.(ugh)
I tried emailing and asking if I had any reviews scheduled for August, but after 4 days no reply., I'm assuming the reviews only take place during EB unless being audited ect..... I'm preceding with the job, it's just enrollement and directing students to point A and B, but at least it's a little extra .
Cool, good to have some temp employment. It does put you in contact with others and who will they call next time? You! :-)

No, I have not gotten any notice of another review. I had two - one at beginning of July and other at beginning of August. Still keeping track of jobs applied for, etc.

I understand what jdljr is saying re personal contact - and that there is a difference between personal contact and applying for a job. So I am guessing that if I just walked into two offices randomly in a week and said "I'm looking for a job." and tried to give them my resume, that's an in person contact?? Seems like a waste of gasoline and time - I got more time than budget for gasoline!

I'm also wondering how I can get an in person contact when many of my potential employers are in secured buildings. You cannot get past the first floor "concierges" / security - no possibility of even walking up to a receptionist' desk and making contact.

Another thing is ... right now ... there are so many people looking for jobs that I have not been able to get any "informational interviews" as recommended by job search coaches, because those folks are just not able to take the chance of being inundated by job seekers. I've also found and have been reading that HR Depts. have been tightening up on how their firms recruit candidates.

Anyway, I'd rather spend my time applying for jobs and touching base with recruiters (many of whom are out of town or who DO NOT see candidates unless they have a specific position they are submitting you for) as opposed to using up gasoline for .... what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or