U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 04:56 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,147,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalier2010 View Post
Just started the process for drawing UI.

I noticed a statement that appeared several times about having to apply "in person" on two different days to two different employers to maintain eligibility.

What does this really mean? Very few employers accept anything other than online applications now.
The preferred method of employer contact is in person. "Contact" doesn't necessarily mean applying for something. You should make your contacts in person, then apply by whatever means they indicate (fill out an application on site, email them a resume, fill out an online application, etc.). I don't think you're required to apply to at least two things a week because, frankly, you may not be able to find employers who are taking applications. But you have to have at least two employer contacts each week. And again, the preferred method is in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles93 View Post
JDLJR or KC-Carolina (or anyone else)...

I think I understand after reviewing info on the ESC website... DH interviewed for a FT courier position with a local company... they called him today (yeah!) - unfortunately, the job he applied for was filled, but they asked if he would be interested in part-time & the guy told him it would help him get his foot in the door... he's interested & waiting to hear back on logistics...

- it is part-time -- starting out every other Sat & Sun and eventually going to every Sat & Sun (the first two weeks - he will have 2 days of training outside the Sat & Sun)
- regarding ESC -- just using round numbers for purpose of illustration & understanding...

say he earns -- $200.
ESC says he can have earnings up to $60 per week
$200 - $60 = $140
the $140 would be subtracted from his ESC & he could draw his remaining weekly amount
That is correct, provided he remains otherwise eligible and continues his full-time work search. And remember to report the GROSS earnings in the week they were EARNED, not the week they were paid.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:02 PM

Default "Out of the Office"

Howdy y'all,

In regards to answering questions here in the evenings, just wanted to let you know that I will be out of town on vacation (from both my REAL office and here!) beginning Thursday, Sep 2, returning to work Monday, Sep 13th. There is a lot of information on the thread that will answer 99% of the questions asked, but I realize that it's A LOT to search through. Try not to have too many backlogged pages waiting for me when I return!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 PM

30 posts, read 44,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Howdy y'all,

In regards to answering questions here in the evenings, just wanted to let you know that I will be out of town on vacation (from both my REAL office and here!) beginning Thursday, Sep 2, returning to work Monday, Sep 13th. There is a lot of information on the thread that will answer 99% of the questions asked, but I realize that it's A LOT to search through. Try not to have too many backlogged pages waiting for me when I return!
I hope you have a wonderful vacation! As has been mentioned here previously, your thoughtfulness & thoroughness in replying to questions & posts is greatly appreciated!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 PM

131 posts, read 209,604 times
Quote:
Howdy y'all,

Well HALLELUJAH!!!! Good for you, jdljr! I hope you are able to put all this mumbo jumbo outta your head for 11 days & have a stellar rest & relaxation!!! No one, IMO, is more deserving of a vacation than you! Enjoy!!! (And I hope you aren't headed for the coast to play with Earl!!!)

And by the way, got word late this afternoon that I finally got a job!!! YAY!!! It's only part time, & the pay will be just over half of the weekly benefit I was receiving, but hey, every little bit helps. It is under 7 miles from my home, so I will save a lot on gas & wear & tear on my 10 yr. old car. (I'm pretty sure I racked up more mileage than that just searching & interviewing!) Very small, but successful & growing company, so maybe hourly pay and hours will increase! Thanks again jdljr for all you have done to help me & my family keep our heads above water over the past year! May God heap upon you many, many blessings! Cheers!

Old 09-01-2010, 08:39 AM

30 posts, read 44,751 times
deerest -- CONGRATS!! DH is hoping the same with his part-time opportunity.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:21 PM

656 posts, read 1,021,970 times
Quote:
Howdy y'all,

Have a great relaxing time!
Hopefully there will be just a >few< questions waiting for you upon your return

Old 09-01-2010, 12:25 PM

656 posts, read 1,021,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
Well HALLELUJAH!!!! Good for you, jdljr! I hope you are able to put all this mumbo jumbo outta your head for 11 days & have a stellar rest & relaxation!!! No one, IMO, is more deserving of a vacation than you! Enjoy!!! (And I hope you aren't headed for the coast to play with Earl!!!)

And by the way, got word late this afternoon that I finally got a job!!! YAY!!! It's only part time, & the pay will be just over half of the weekly benefit I was receiving, but hey, every little bit helps. It is under 7 miles from my home, so I will save a lot on gas & wear & tear on my 10 yr. old car. (I'm pretty sure I racked up more mileage than that just searching & interviewing!) Very small, but successful & growing company, so maybe hourly pay and hours will increase! Thanks again jdljr for all you have done to help me & my family keep our heads above water over the past year! May God heap upon you many, many blessings! Cheers!
Congrats Deerest!
I'm hoping the same for moi after I finish classes at the end of fall
Hope you can find some time to stop in here and field some questions while jdljr is away
I'll help out, but will only answer anything I'm very, very certain about

Old 09-01-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post

Thank you, and congratulations! I hope this turns into something big for you, sometimes you have to start back at the bottom and work your way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Have a great relaxing time!
Hopefully there will be just a >few< questions waiting for you upon your return
Thanks, KC!

Old 09-03-2010, 08:12 PM

131 posts, read 209,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles93 View Post
deerest -- CONGRATS!! DH is hoping the same with his part-time opportunity.

thanks so much! best of luck to DH, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or