U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 PM
 
131 posts, read 209,794 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Congrats Deerest!
I'm hoping the same for moi after I finish classes at the end of fall
Hope you can find some time to stop in here and field some questions while jdljr is away
I'll help out, but will only answer anything I'm very, very certain about

Thanks, KC! I hope it works out to your benefit. I still visit the thread, & try to keep up, but I've seen so many new issues that I'm not feeling confident enough to attempt an answer much of what I see, but if it is fairly simple, of course I'll take a stab at it. Hang in there...I was about to give up when this came along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-03-2010, 11:07 PM
 
193 posts, read 257,890 times
Reputation: 16
wow. this place just keeps getting busier and busier! haha. I was reading thru and I had a question.. Maybe someone could help me out..

My first year started 2/26/2009 and qualified for 26 weeks. I ended that year in tier 2. 2/26/10, i started a new year with a new claim for only 13 weeks. Some of you know, that ended back in June in the middle of all that extension mess. . ugh, that was ugly! Anyhow, thanks to this site, I was able to do a "pull forward" from my 1st benefit year. I, then, was approved for Tier 3 (which I just started).. my question is, IF i am eligible, will I get Tier 4? And IF i am eligible, will I get EB as well? If my math was correct, and if I am eligible for both, then it would put me over the benefit year. If that's true, what will happen? I know, its a few months away BUT this place is horrible. I literally apply and apply and apply, like most of us do, and nothing. I'm seriously thinking about leaving my husband here to finish his Marine Corps time and move back to NC to try to get a job. lol. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2010, 03:25 PM
 
131 posts, read 209,794 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
wow. this place just keeps getting busier and busier! haha. I was reading thru and I had a question.. Maybe someone could help me out..

My first year started 2/26/2009 and qualified for 26 weeks. I ended that year in tier 2. 2/26/10, i started a new year with a new claim for only 13 weeks. Some of you know, that ended back in June in the middle of all that extension mess. . ugh, that was ugly! Anyhow, thanks to this site, I was able to do a "pull forward" from my 1st benefit year. I, then, was approved for Tier 3 (which I just started).. my question is, IF i am eligible, will I get Tier 4? And IF i am eligible, will I get EB as well? If my math was correct, and if I am eligible for both, then it would put me over the benefit year. If that's true, what will happen? I know, its a few months away BUT this place is horrible. I literally apply and apply and apply, like most of us do, and nothing. I'm seriously thinking about leaving my husband here to finish his Marine Corps time and move back to NC to try to get a job. lol. Thanks so much!
Pretty sure that if you were eligible for T3, you will get T4. I think EB should be available too, since you didn't use any in your 1st year. As of right now, when your 2nd benefit year is up, I'm foggy but I think there is a new rule being enforced where you have to have made something like $4500 in the last 2 quarters to file a claim for a SECOND year, but I don't know that I've ever seen any mention of a third. For this reason, it puts even more pressure on to find jobs that just are not out there! Our resident expert on this thread is on a much deserved vacation, but maybe KC Carolina or another regular has additional insight on specifics??? Don't give up yet. I was ready to & then got hired for a part time job last week. I feel your pain & I know how hard it is. I even got passed up for fast food jobs at 4 different places. I am one of those that heard "overqualified" at every single interview. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2010, 12:41 AM
 
193 posts, read 257,890 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
I am one of those that heard "overqualified" at every single interview. Good luck.

Amen! I live on a Military base and I just got turned down from a job from the gas station. Its killing my self esteem.. and my resume.

Thanks for the insight!! Its good to know I'm not the only one. and CONGRATS on the job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2010, 04:32 PM
 
20 posts, read 41,019 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
Pretty sure that if you were eligible for T3, you will get T4. I think EB should be available too, since you didn't use any in your 1st year. As of right now, when your 2nd benefit year is up, I'm foggy but I think there is a new rule being enforced where you have to have made something like $4500 in the last 2 quarters to file a claim for a SECOND year, but I don't know that I've ever seen any mention of a third. For this reason, it puts even more pressure on to find jobs that just are not out there! Our resident expert on this thread is on a much deserved vacation, but maybe KC Carolina or another regular has additional insight on specifics??? Don't give up yet. I was ready to & then got hired for a part time job last week. I feel your pain & I know how hard it is. I even got passed up for fast food jobs at 4 different places. I am one of those that heard "overqualified" at every single interview. Good luck.
It is my understanding that if you had a pull forward from the first year you will not be eligible for EB. Hope I am wrong because I am going into Tier 4 in my pull foward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2010, 08:15 PM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingonline View Post
It is my understanding that if you had a pull forward from the first year you will not be eligible for EB. Hope I am wrong because I am going into Tier 4 in my pull foward.
Yes that was my understanding also, however with this new rule where you have had to earn $4500.00 during the first year to quailify for a new 2nd year of benefits ,if not they will set up a new (dummy) first year and pullforward your money., then I believe if that was the circumstance then yes you can get EB if you qualify.
I'd call and find out for a definate since your enetering tier 4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2010, 08:18 PM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
wow. this place just keeps getting busier and busier! haha. I was reading thru and I had a question.. Maybe someone could help me out..

My first year started 2/26/2009 and qualified for 26 weeks. I ended that year in tier 2. 2/26/10, i started a new year with a new claim for only 13 weeks. Some of you know, that ended back in June in the middle of all that extension mess. . ugh, that was ugly! Anyhow, thanks to this site, I was able to do a "pull forward" from my 1st benefit year. I, then, was approved for Tier 3 (which I just started).. my question is, IF i am eligible, will I get Tier 4? And IF i am eligible, will I get EB as well? If my math was correct, and if I am eligible for both, then it would put me over the benefit year. If that's true, what will happen? I know, its a few months away BUT this place is horrible. I literally apply and apply and apply, like most of us do, and nothing. I'm seriously thinking about leaving my husband here to finish his Marine Corps time and move back to NC to try to get a job. lol. Thanks so much!
I'm thinking yes, if you qualify you'd be eligible to get EB. I'd call and ask though, since your into tier 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2010, 08:21 PM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
Thanks, KC! I hope it works out to your benefit. I still visit the thread, & try to keep up, but I've seen so many new issues that I'm not feeling confident enough to attempt an answer much of what I see, but if it is fairly simple, of course I'll take a stab at it. Hang in there...I was about to give up when this came along.
Like you, I feel the rules have changes so much since July, it's a little more confusing with everything.
I'm going to try to help out when I can, so jdljr won't come back to 10 pages of questions, ha!
I'm trying tomake some new connections while taking classes, we'll see how connected I am come November
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2010, 10:57 AM
 
21 posts, read 32,813 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingonline View Post
It is my understanding that if you had a pull forward from the first year you will not be eligible for EB. Hope I am wrong because I am going into Tier 4 in my pull foward.

Ok, now I' wodnerign , I started to receive EB for about 5 weeks until they finally reinstated the tiers, then they switched me back to the tiers, , my question is this: Since I was eligible for th EB a few months ago, will I still be egible for it (EB) in a few weeks when my tier 4 runs out too? Now i'm getting nervous .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2010, 04:28 PM
 
6 posts, read 11,677 times
Reputation: 10
Im wondering why my check was less this week. I may have misunderstood I thought benefit amount stays the same. I was on tier 1 think i was switched to tier 2 have not recieved letter yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top