U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 06:35 PM

193 posts, read 257,734 times

Advertisements

im screwed. i didnt work my 1st yr. i havent been able to find work since i filed unemployment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 06:41 PM

656 posts, read 1,022,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
im screwed. i didnt work my 1st yr. i havent been able to find work since i filed unemployment.
Did you start a new 2nd benefit year after Jan 1 2010?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Did you start a new 2nd benefit year after Jan 1 2010?

yep. my benefits went from 428 to 224 per week for 13 weeks. Since June i've been collecting pull forward funds from my 1st yr. I started collecting under Tier 2.. I'm now in Tier 3.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
yep. my benefits went from 428 to 224 per week for 13 weeks. Since June i've been collecting pull forward funds from my 1st yr. I started collecting under Tier 2.. I'm now in Tier 3.
You'd probably still have enough to pay off your 13 weeks of this years UI and still have a balance to collect on since your rate was so much smaller..... if that's how their doing it(?)

I'm just clueless with all of this., I may call again tomorrow and see if I get a different rep to talk with.

I'm not sure My blood pressure can handle to much more of this though.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:49 PM

131 posts, read 209,664 times
[quote=KC~Carolina;16006552]My rep. was just out of the loop early this morning, was of no help, very rude and really seemed clueless as what to tell me......

I feel so bad for you, KC, & everyone having to deal with this. I can tell you from personal experience that if you're talking to Raleigh reps, the nicest ones are at the Cary office. Now, having said that, not all of them know what they are talking about. There is one that has given maybe 50% accurate info, but tries harder to get you off the phone than answer questions. They have to answer phones & seem to rotate the front desk which is always crazy if you've ever been there. It irks me that they expect reps to answer the phones and "wait on" walk ins at the front desk, too. Also bugs me that you have to tell them your ss# in the presence of a gazillion other claimants. I mean, anyone could jot it down...seems like a major privacy issue to me!!! I can't even begin to tell you some of the crap I've been fed over the phone (like...EB and Tiers 3 & 4 are the same thing). If not for jdljr, I would have missed my entire pull forward, b/c she told me there was nothing left except my EB so she wanted to try to pull that forward, even though I had gotten reg UE in yr 2! I doubt that makes you feel any better...I'm just saying that I doubt they know WHAT to tell you. Raleigh either plays dumb, or they truly are the last to get any instruction. This whole process is unprecedented. Never b4 have UE#s been so high, & never had this many tiers and rules to keep up with. Kinda have to cut them SOME slack & be just be thankful for jdljr!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 AM

[quote=deerest;16010200]
Quote:
My rep. was just out of the loop early this morning, was of no help, very rude and really seemed clueless as what to tell me......

I feel so bad for you, KC, & everyone having to deal with this. I can tell you from personal experience that if you're talking to Raleigh reps, the nicest ones are at the Cary office. Now, having said that, not all of them know what they are talking about. There is one that has given maybe 50% accurate info, but tries harder to get you off the phone than answer questions. They have to answer phones & seem to rotate the front desk which is always crazy if you've ever been there. It irks me that they expect reps to answer the phones and "wait on" walk ins at the front desk, too. Also bugs me that you have to tell them your ss# in the presence of a gazillion other claimants. I mean, anyone could jot it down...seems like a major privacy issue to me!!! I can't even begin to tell you some of the crap I've been fed over the phone (like...EB and Tiers 3 & 4 are the same thing). If not for jdljr, I would have missed my entire pull forward, b/c she told me there was nothing left except my EB so she wanted to try to pull that forward, even though I had gotten reg UE in yr 2! I doubt that makes you feel any better...I'm just saying that I doubt they know WHAT to tell you. Raleigh either plays dumb, or they truly are the last to get any instruction. This whole process is unprecedented. Never b4 have UE#s been so high, & never had this many tiers and rules to keep up with. Kinda have to cut them SOME slack & be just be thankful for jdljr!

This is exactly what I'm screaming! Thank you jdljr. The only other person to help was a rep who I got a name and email from a random friend of mine. Before coming here, I was being fed a bunch of crap and actually believed my benefits had run out. Boy was I going crazy.

I know a bunch of people complain when they get rude service but the guy who i emailed, I had his name so I contacted the HR dept. via email and told them how he was the only one to help me out and to buy him lunch or something. I would do the same for you jdljr but i can't really email them and say "this guy jdljr is helping more people than all your reps in raleigh.. give him a raise." lol. But .. once again thank you.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:54 AM

330 posts, read 413,428 times
theres still NO info on the website about this issue. there may only be the people who visit this forum that even know about it. people's information has changed, their profile changed, and they provide no explanation online. remarkable. i've actually never called a rep. i go down to the office and ask for the same person every time, someone that showed a good attitude, a happy attitude, and i smile and keep it light. and she DOES answer the phone out of the blue, like someone said above, even tho they have a front desk that is manned.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 AM

[quote=deerest;16010200]
Quote:
My rep. was just out of the loop early this morning, was of no help, very rude and really seemed clueless as what to tell me......

Thanks Deerest, I know you['ve been though so much with your benefits, I do remember when all of that mess was going on with you.
Yes, word cannot express how thankful I am for all jdljr's done for me and the thousands (if not more) that he helps on this forum.
He's guided me through the whole process since day 1!

Well, I do understand that i was probably the first call she took at 8 am, since I started calling at 5min til(ha)
I'm also sure she had no knowledge of the program, OR of she did it was very little and she was reacting to the screen in front of her.
I called the service center in Raleigh, I personally am in Rown county , out in the (boondocks)

They allow me to use the Iredell office in Mooresville when I did my reviews, since it's a 30 minutes closer drive.
What baffles me, is she had told me I have a $120.00 Overpayment! It's Just is driving me CRAZY!!!
I worked a total of 10 last Feb and March, PRN PT, claimed all of it too the penny, and not only that, I had more leftover at my weekly pay rate last benefit year than what I've been paid out in this new year.... not even close.
I was over by $1400.00!
I've added and re-added and cannot come up with any way, they coudl've given me an OP.
My worry is by them doing this my payments will stop weekly.
I mean how could I have a balance to draw on at all if I have an OP???
I also had no disqualifications, so I should be able to get my EB at 80%
of my original UI.
That is of course (IF) they allow the EB to be pulledforward after THEY gave us the darned UI in this 2nd year anyway!!!!

The situation is out of my control, that's not easy to handle., but when you try to talk to someone that has no clue or will not give you any phone time, because they'll have to repeatedly do that all day for the many they talk with.... that just blows me away!
(sorry to once again vent)

I can't sleep at night,
(I see little numbers adding up in my head, from calculating different scenarios for days now)> lol
I hope jdljr is not so worn out from work and all of this and my rantings that he won't come back here.
I'd love to hear if he has any more knowledge of what's going to happen, other than the "answers" I got in Raleigh.

There is a new message posted on the ESC website, I noticed it late last night.
Hope the "Letters" get to al lof us in the next day or two.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
theres still NO info on the website about this issue. there may only be the people who visit this forum that even know about it. people's information has changed, their profile changed, and they provide no explanation online. remarkable. i've actually never called a rep. i go down to the office and ask for the same person every time, someone that showed a good attitude, a happy attitude, and i smile and keep it light. and she DOES answer the phone out of the blue, like someone said above, even tho they have a front desk that is manned.
I agree with the fact that possibly only the peoplr that frequent this forum know about what has happened.
I did notice late last night , under alerts on the ESC start page that they have a small notice that their records indicate (some) UI's were paid in error(yadda, yadda,, yadda)> lol!
We'll get letters , possibly several letters and to email them(ESC) if theres any further questions... They said for us to follow instructions on our lteters, ha!
Yeah, I'm dying to read mine, since no calculation, I've made repeatedly can come anywhere close to an overpayment!
That's what the Raleigh rep told me I have!!!!
I'll be waiting and watching for my poor mailman today... I'm SO glad I don't have class today, I'm mega-stressed!

Old 09-24-2010, 09:02 AM

83 posts, read 246,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyB View Post
...but mine has said exhausted all week, ever since Monday morning, and when I called, the lady... said to just file it looks like it is rolling over into EB, if not accepted Sunday , to call back, then today, just to make sure, I called and got a really nice guy on the line, and he said I have one more of tier 2 to receive this week, and then 6 weeks of tier 4 and then EB, he also said the same as the first lady I called eariler in the week that if it doesnt acept it on Sunday, to call back, now he makes more sense according to my records, I should have tier 4 and one more week of tier 2 that was never paid, but what are the people in Raleigh looking at on the screen that different reps see different things? Its making me nervous as a rabbit in a fox den!
I'm in the same situation--my bank account had a huge deposit in it this morn from ESC. I'm talking over $1,600.

I called ESC and was told that EUC should've been pulled forward into my second benefit year, which started in March, but it was not. Rather, I received about 20 weeks of regular unemployment in my second year at a much reduced rate, and then I rolled into Tier I at the reduced and incorrect rate, which is why I received the deposit today.

As of this morn, my ESC claim profile reads "benefits exhausted." When I talked to ESC, I was told that I also have one more week from Tier II, Tier III is exhausted, and then 6 weeks from Tier 4. And, if need be, I'll get 20 weeks of the State's extended benefits, supposedly at the same, higher rate from my first year.

ESC told me that I'm lucky as it worked out in my favor, while others are having to pay back x-amount! This is simply a big mess!

On one hand, I'm thankful for the lump sum deposit I just received; on the other hand, the number of weeks left for me to collect have now been shortened by the State in making revisions. I don't know how EB works, either.

Last edited by NicoletteW; 09-24-2010 at 09:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or