U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-24-2010, 09:07 AM
 
83 posts, read 245,574 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I agree with the fact that possibly only the peoplr that frequent this forum know about what has happened.
I did notice late last night , under alerts on the ESC start page that they have a small notice that their records indicate (some) UI's were paid in error(yadda, yadda,, yadda)> lol!
We'll get letters , possibly several letters and to email them(ESC) if theres any further questions... They said for us to follow instructions on our lteters, ha!
Yeah, I'm dying to read mine, since no calculation, I've made repeatedly can come anywhere close to an overpayment!
That's what the Raleigh rep told me I have!!!!
I'll be waiting and watching for my poor mailman today... I'm SO glad I don't have class today, I'm mega-stressed!
If you receive your benefits via direct deposit, you may have the money today. I had no idea about any of this until I found a huge deposit in my account this morn from ESC. It was over $1,600.

Also, the local ESC rep told me that some people are receiving x-amount of money, while others will receive notices that they have to pay back x-amount. Crazy. I cannot imagine the burden this will impose on so many who will not have the funds to pay back x-amount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-24-2010, 09:07 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,020,348 times
Reputation: 34
[quote=jdmchic00;16013639]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post


This is exactly what I'm screaming! Thank you jdljr. The only other person to help was a rep who I got a name and email from a random friend of mine. Before coming here, I was being fed a bunch of crap and actually believed my benefits had run out. Boy was I going crazy.

I know a bunch of people complain when they get rude service but the guy who i emailed, I had his name so I contacted the HR dept. via email and told them how he was the only one to help me out and to buy him lunch or something. I would do the same for you jdljr but i can't really email them and say "this guy jdljr is helping more people than all your reps in raleigh.. give him a raise." lol. But .. once again thank you.
I agree 100%, always friendly and answers the same questions over and over without the rudeness that (some) of the Service center reps in Raleigh put out (WHILE) they're at work getting paid.
If my rep couldn't help me and didn't have the answers, she could have kindly said, please wait for your letter pr try to file and I'm sorry, but I cannot help you .
Instead she was blantantly rude., her day couldn't have gone bad yet, I more than likely was her frst or second call (lol)

I don't expect her to make my life better or lie to me to make me feel better, just be curtious and honest.... geesh!
If the letters don't come in the next 2 days, I'll be down at my local office to talk with a rep there and look at their screen.
If you find your guys name or email, please send it to me in a private message if you can., I really would like to email or talk with a rep who's curtious and nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 09:10 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,020,348 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
If you receive your benefits via direct deposit, you may have the money today. I had no idea about any of this until I found a huge deposit in my account this morn from ESC. It was over $1,600.

Also, the local ESC rep told me that some people are receiving x-amount of money, while others will receive notices that they have to pay back x-amount. Crazy. I cannot imagine the burden this will impose on so many who will not have the funds to pay back x-amount.
I'm sure I won't have money in there, but I'll check (thanks) I had more money leftover from last year, than I was paid so far in this new year, so I'm not sure why I was told via phone conversation that I have an OverPayment........ Waiting for the letter though.
Thanks for sharing this info with us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 09:15 AM
 
83 posts, read 245,574 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Well since you had a pullforward of benefits this probably didn't affect you.
Last night they (esc) ran a program that identified anyone who was setup a new 2nd benefit year from Jan 1st 2010 on.
We had to have worked during our first year while we collected benefits and earned $4557.00 in wages from (W-2 work), in order to have been able to start a new year, (it's what they call the 6x wage rule)

ok, this just went back into force, no notice for all of us that has been collecting (I'm now just starting my tier 2, yr 2) and now It's all gone. I'm sure many that's affected won't know about it this until they go online to file Sunday.

Jdlrj gave us a heads up, so those of us that are here at this forum ect.... got to know ahead of time and wait to see what happened.
( look back at page 292)
Well for a few of us here , a "benefits exhausted" was posted and then our last years weekly amt shows up on the benefit page.
Then theres a coupel that have wrote and said that their benefits aren't exhausted , only their weekly amt shows up differently.

I'm sure it will be that way state wide for all that are affecetd by this new change.
Really makes me ill, but what can ya do?> nothing at all<

My rep. was just out of the loop early this morning, was of no help, very rude and really seemed clueless as what to tell me......
They may be using my last years left over benefits to even what they've paid us to date, if we don't have enough we get an Over Payment..

Who knows, I'm just going to file Sunday and wait for "The letter" to arrive
Hi KC,

I'm in year 2, Tier I. Today, I woke up and found a deposit from ESC in my checking. It was over $1,600. I called ESC and found out that ESC supposedly should've pulled forward EUC from year 1, which it did not. As a result, I've incorrectly received reduced benefits during year 2. Hence, the deposit of over $1,600.

I was also told that I will now receive one week from Tier II at the first year's rate, for some reason Tier III is exhausted, and I will receive six weeks for Tier IV. Then, I'll roll into EB, if necessary. Supposedly, at the same, higher rate.

This is very stressful for so many, and the ESC rep said that I'm fortunate considering some people will receive notices stating they have to pay back x-amount to the State!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 09:48 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,020,348 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
If you receive your benefits via direct deposit, you may have the money today. I had no idea about any of this until I found a huge deposit in my account this morn from ESC. It was over $1,600.

Also, the local ESC rep told me that some people are receiving x-amount of money, while others will receive notices that they have to pay back x-amount. Crazy. I cannot imagine the burden this will impose on so many who will not have the funds to pay back x-amount.
Yeah, I just checked my account >... nadda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 09:55 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,020,348 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
Hi KC,

I'm in year 2, Tier I. Today, I woke up and found a deposit from ESC in my checking. It was over $1,600. I called ESC and found out that ESC supposedly should've pulled forward EUC from year 1, which it did not. As a result, I've incorrectly received reduced benefits during year 2. Hence, the deposit of over $1,600.

I was also told that I will now receive one week from Tier II at the first year's rate, for some reason Tier III is exhausted, and I will receive six weeks for Tier IV. Then, I'll roll into EB, if necessary. Supposedly, at the same, higher rate.

This is very stressful for so many, and the ESC rep said that I'm fortunate considering some people will receive notices stating they have to pay back x-amount to the State!
your definately lucky. Also the fact that you had a rep that was kind enough to expain things to you is great!

I guess I'm one of the "unlucky ones" they setup a 2nd benefit year for me , when they supposedly shouldn't have last Feb and I"ve recived euc from June 3rd on, so I supposedly have an Overpayment., my records still show I should've still had more than enough to pay them back with a balance leftover from year one... so I"m waiting for the letter to come ...ugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 10:08 AM
 
330 posts, read 412,675 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Yeah, I just checked my account >... nadda
if i found a deposit in my account, i'd be wanting 6 confirmations before i spent a dime. that would be as scary as an overpayment notice. well, damn. as soon as i say that...theres a difference in my current balance and my available balance of...$160. not $1600. exactly 1/10th. weird. and there is no $160 on my list of payments on my esc profile. weirder still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 11:02 AM
 
83 posts, read 245,574 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
if i found a deposit in my account, i'd be wanting 6 confirmations before i spent a dime. that would be as scary as an overpayment notice. well, damn. as soon as i say that...theres a difference in my current balance and my available balance of...$160. not $1600. exactly 1/10th. weird. and there is no $160 on my list of payments on my esc profile. weirder still.
I don't know what kind of "confirmation" one might expect with a deposit as large as mine. Regardless, you are right, I am a bit skeptical right now.

Certainly, I have no "plans" for the money, other than keeping it on hand to use, if necessary for living. But, I'm certainly not going to spend it on whatever. For all we know, they may be making mistakes right now with these things that also may need remedying! Good grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 11:05 AM
 
83 posts, read 245,574 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
if i found a deposit in my account, i'd be wanting 6 confirmations before i spent a dime. that would be as scary as an overpayment notice. well, damn. as soon as i say that...theres a difference in my current balance and my available balance of...$160. not $1600. exactly 1/10th. weird. and there is no $160 on my list of payments on my esc profile. weirder still.
You bring up a good point- I, too, am not seeing the large deposit as a payment in my payment history, online. Why not? At this point, it's like the money came from thin air.

I'm hoping more people will share their experiences, as I'd like to know what they're being told vs. what I was told by the local ESC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 11:11 AM
 
83 posts, read 245,574 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
your definately lucky. Also the fact that you had a rep that was kind enough to expain things to you is great!

I guess I'm one of the "unlucky ones" they setup a 2nd benefit year for me , when they supposedly shouldn't have last Feb and I"ve recived euc from June 3rd on, so I supposedly have an Overpayment., my records still show I should've still had more than enough to pay them back with a balance leftover from year one... so I"m waiting for the letter to come ...ugh
Your experience sounds similar to mine- ESC setup a second benefit year for me, too, in March. I qualified for a second year at a reduced rate.

Apparently, I'm guessing, ESC shouldn't have setup a second year for me, either? I say this based on the fact that I just received such a large sum of money, supposedly based on the fact that ESC screwed up and didn't pull EUC forward from year one.

All I can say is, why now? Why did it take this long to supposedly streamline the system? Unbelievable that the State has the audacity to send out notices to the unemployed stating that the State screwed up and now the unemployed will have to repay x-amount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top