Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 06:20 PM

656 posts, read 1,134,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
it was my experience that the scaling down is only in # of weeks.
if you got a full strength 1st year, with 26 weeks of initial UI, youd get 80%, or 20 weeks duration of Tier 1,
50%, or 13 weeks duration of Tier 2 (+1week, the Feds added this),
50%, or 13 weeks duration of Tier 3,
and 25%, or 6 weeks duration of Tier 4.
THEN, youd get 80%, or 20 weeks of State-funded EB.

but the $ amounts would all be essentially the same. mine were.
I had a full (max) first year and my second year was less in weeks and also $50.00 less a week.
Each case is different, some peoples weekely amounts will drop dramatically and barely qualofy.
Then some earned more in their base period wages, having full amounts each quarter til they were layed off and filed a claim., thus allowing them to pretty much draw the same amount weekly on each benefit year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 06:24 PM

330 posts, read 458,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I had a full (max) first year and my second year was less in weeks and also $50.00 less a week.
Each case is different, some peoples weekely amounts will drop dramatically and barely qualofy.
Then some earned more in their base period wages, having full amounts each quarter til they were layed off and filed a claim., thus allowing them to pretty much draw the same amount weekly on each benefit year.
my post was about Year 1 only.
my Year 2 was also less in weeks at each level.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:31 PM

656 posts, read 1,134,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
i dont think anyone has bashed jdljr.
we're bashing "the system".

e has been great.
The last basher we had on here was back in winter and we boo'd him outta this place very quickly!
jdljr did leave at that time for around a week, then came back.
I truly think he's worn out.
This is like an OT job( minus the pay of course), since he does this all day and knows of the mess and anger this is causing.

He's not into arguing on here and I think he just saw that after 14 months it was time to bow out., I don't like it of course, but I understand it 100%

Old 09-25-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
The last basher we had on here was back in winter and we boo'd him outta this place very quickly!
jdljr did leave at that time for around a week, then came back.
I truly think he's worn out.
This is like an OT job( minus the pay of course), since he does this all day and knows of the mess and anger this is causing.

He's not into arguing on here and I think he just saw that after 14 months it was time to bow out., I don't like it of course, but I understand it 100%
especially if he was going to feel obliged to explain things about these letters that are flat out wrong. he may see an even bigger problem from where he sits, who knows.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:43 PM

193 posts, read 284,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
I, too, was qualified for a second year in March and have been receiving reduced weekly payments vs. year 1. As a result, I had over $1,600 deposited into my account yesterday from ESC.

When I called ESC yesterday, I was told that I will now receive: 1 week from Tier 2, Tier 3 is exhausted, 6 weeks from Tier 4 and 20 weeks EB--all at the higher, original year 1 rate.

ESC also told me I am fortunate, as some will end up owing the State.

Thanks Nicolette! I'm waiting til Tuesday to see. My bank doesn't do deposits on Fridays or Mondays. Weird. but it's USAA

I'm crossing my fingers

Old 09-25-2010, 08:32 PM

407 posts, read 658,161 times
Everyone affected--- please update what happens to YOU when u certify on sunday and any info u learn from calling. thanks!

Old 09-25-2010, 08:45 PM

15 posts, read 23,784 times
I am closer to understanding the overpayment letters after digging up previous "Monetary Determination" letters.

I have received the following benefits:
UI: 26 weeks
EUC: 20 weeks
Tier 2: 14 weeks
UI (Year 2): 13 weeks
EUC (Year 2): 10 weeks

So, instead of receiving Tier 3 & Tier 4 totalling 19 weeks, I received additional UI & EUC totalling 23 weeks.

I also have a "Monetary Determination" letter dated 7/27/2010 giving me 7 weeks of Tier 2 (for year 2). However, I have not collected these benefits due to my current "Benefits Exhausted" status.

I am now praying to God that I will qualify for EB. Will also be praying for everyone else who is still hurting.

Hope this helps someone.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp80 View Post
I am closer to understanding the overpayment letters after digging up previous "Monetary Determination" letters.

I have received the following benefits:
UI: 26 weeks
EUC: 20 weeks
Tier 2: 14 weeks
UI (Year 2): 13 weeks
EUC (Year 2): 10 weeks

So, instead of receiving Tier 3 & Tier 4 totalling 19 weeks, I received additional UI & EUC totalling 23 weeks.

I also have a "Monetary Determination" letter dated 7/27/2010 giving me 7 weeks of Tier 2 (for year 2). However, I have not collected these benefits due to my current "Benefits Exhausted" status.

I am now praying to God that I will qualify for EB. Will also be praying for everyone else who is still hurting.

Hope this helps someone.
so, barring disqualifications, youd have...16 weeks of EB coming. that would take you into January.

do your letters seem to reflect 23-19= 4 weeks of overpayment?

Old 09-25-2010, 09:05 PM

407 posts, read 658,161 times
well EVERYONE who LOSES the year 2 (UNLESS they have a disqualification) should get EB (as long as the Unemployment rates stay high enough)
so that shouldnt be an issue
THE BIG ISSUE is, HOW QUICKLY WILL NC ESC have this implemented and fixed???
everytime I have had an issue its taken 3-4 WEEKS to fix, and i cant afford another month with no payments!

Old 09-25-2010, 09:33 PM

16 posts, read 21,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
well EVERYONE who LOSES the year 2 (UNLESS they have a disqualification) should get EB (as long as the Unemployment rates stay high enough)
so that shouldnt be an issue
THE BIG ISSUE is, HOW QUICKLY WILL NC ESC have this implemented and fixed???
everytime I have had an issue its taken 3-4 WEEKS to fix, and i cant afford another month with no payments!
So is this official? I received benefits in 2009, earned $0 (had no job) in 2009. continued to claim every week since Jan 09. I get letters stating I owe $14k for overpayments in 2010 (4 different letters with different dates and amounts with no rhyme or reason). Is it just a matter of getting EB instead of UI? I hope so. The ESC never answer their phone, the office is a zoo with 4 hour waiting times, website gives no information, letters with overpayments give no explanation. I am forced to come to a forum to get answers? God, I thought I had it bad being without work for 1.5 years, now things are looking very very bad for me and my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina