U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 06:24 PM

28 posts, read 48,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
No, only actual W2 wages show in the base period. When you're on unemployment, nothing is added to the base period.
Ok,thanks so much I will have him call Monday.

Thanks again you are truly a blessing for all the unemployed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 06:29 PM

37 posts, read 89,258 times
@waterri522 That is correct. I guess Wednesday will tell it all if it goes thru.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:30 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,147,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psdrt185 View Post
SCREW the letter. Call Monday 866-795-8877 Tell them what they WANT to hear. YES you got the letter! blahl blah blah. The rep when reopened my claim DID file prior weeks for me. Retro payments I was told was from weekending 11-15-09. My claim exhausted 4-9-09 and they reopened my claim. My new benefit year started 4-26-09 which of course I was monetarily ineligible. Reopened 12-31-09. She did tell me NOT to certify until Wednesday 1-6-09.
Even getting a letter is NO guarantee of receiving the Tier 3 extension. The letter says "...MAY be eligible..." You would think, though, that since they supposedly "identified" 70,000+ people that were eligible, anyone who receives a letter would be eligible.

In all honesty, in some circumstances it's going to be a matter of a rep reopening the claim and seeing what the system does, especially for those people who call who have NOT received a letter...there is a reason for RECEIVING THE LETTER BEFORE CALLING. If you don't receive a letter, maybe you're not eligible.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:50 PM

170 posts, read 683,961 times
Here is how I see it. You have one of THREE options to follow (as coming to city-data.com/forum is not going to really help much). Since everyone's case is slightly different than the next you should do this:

Choice 1: Wait For The Letter And Follow Instructions In The Letter
ESC will mail notices, beginning on December 31, 2009, that include instructions for filing a tier 3 unemployment insurance claim to those individuals who are potentially eligible to receive benefits under this program. To ensure prompt and proper payment, please follow the instructions provided in the notice. A customer service representative will expedite your claim.

For the tier 3 extension program, filing online or by Interactive Voice Response will result in errors and/or delays https://www.ncesc.com/default.aspx

Choice 2: Simply call the following number at your convenience in the upcoming weeks and talk with a customer service rep at NC ESC.
866-795-8877

Choice 3: Do nothing at all and continue to read other peoples testimonials on this site, ask the wrong people questions while your bills pile up and you keep sending your resume into cyberspace
I'm sure this option will be the most unpopular

The choice is yours!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:05 PM

I have a question for me. I was laid off 1/6/2009. Received 2 weeks severance. Went back to my fromer, former employer for 2 1/2 months Feb-Apr. I am receiving EUC which started end of September. Do I need todo anything come 1/23/2010(when benefit years ends)? I should draw EUC for 33 weeks right? Then I will draw EB benefits? That should put me at around July when I finish? Not including these latest extensions? Just wondering.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:13 PM

37 posts, read 89,258 times
There definitely are GLITCHES in this program. When the rep pulled my claim she said she did not see "MARKERS" on my claim that would facilitate a letter being sent. She had the supervisor look at my claim and said I WAS eligible and did NOT KNOW WHY MARKERS WERE NOT THERE..."PROBABLE GLITCH IN THE SOFTWARE" That is why I am saying go ahead and call. You could wait forever on a letter that might not come when you are eligible. Just talk to a rep. They are the only one that will know from your claim on their computer. She did not elaborate on what these "MARKERS" are.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:13 PM

170 posts, read 683,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvestal View Post
I have a question for me. I was laid off 1/6/2009. Received 2 weeks severance. Went back to my fromer, former employer for 2 1/2 months Feb-Apr. I am receiving EUC which started end of September. Do I need todo anything come 1/23/2010(when benefit years ends)? I should draw EUC for 33 weeks right? Then I will draw EB benefits? That should put me at around July when I finish? Not including these latest extensions? Just wondering.
If you have questions or concerns about your unemployment benefits please contact esc.ui.customerservice@ncmail.net.
(Please include your full name and last 4 digits of your SSN)

Phone: 1-888-737-0259

Mamma always told me to go straight to the horses mouth. Hope that helps

Old 01-02-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicFlightAttendant View Post
If you have questions or concerns about your unemployment benefits please contact esc.ui.customerservice@ncmail.net.
(Please include your full name and last 4 digits of your SSN)

Phone: 1-888-737-0259

Mamma always told me to go straight to the horses mouth. Hope that helps
Thanks, I will call!!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:37 PM

25 posts, read 50,655 times
Hi again, jdljr. I have a question about the letters. Even if we do get them, isn't there a chance that some still will not qualify? That's the potentially eligible part, right? You maybe eligible so get the letter and call and they'll tell you yes or no. Is that right? So it really doesn't matter if you get a letter or not, still call and find out if you qualify?

Old 01-02-2010, 07:39 PM

86 posts, read 156,937 times
when you call the number what do you do? because i called that number 3 times on Thursday, and all i could hear from 3 different reps: "wait for the letter, you have all 0s in your profile as your benefits exhausted". from reading this site the last 2 days, i realized that people whos Tier 1 and 2 ran out last benefit year, and whose EB got exhausted - were not identified as ELIGIBLE by the new system. if you get lucky and get the right rep, they will fix it for you, otherwise you can bang your head against the wall and wait for the letters, they won't come, because the programming has a glitch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or