U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM

407 posts, read 600,058 times

Advertisements

well one person did post that they got through and got weeks swapped out---- HOWEVER they ended up losing all but 2 weeks left of benefits-- -but YES id call in--- never just "wait" b/c NC ESC never seems to do anything without being called over and over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 AM

56 posts, read 68,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
You filed yesterday, right?
It doesn't show a payment being made on your 2nd benefits page?

Don't know what you are referring to as the 2nd benefits page but I am looking at my payment history.. I guess that is the wrong place to look.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:43 AM

193 posts, read 257,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbleadership View Post
Have you considered working for yourself? There are home based businesses out there that have minimal startup costs and great returns.

i was always told you shouldn't have to spend money to make money.

And.. show me one that doesn't involve MLM

Sorry. 99 percent of them are either scams or just wrong. I don't wanna make a living ripping people off

Old 09-27-2010, 11:52 AM

4 posts, read 4,551 times
I've gotten 7 letters and feel sort of nauseous. Apparently I owe around 3,000$ back and am no longer eligible for Unemployment Benefits. I hope this isn't the case. ESC posted a pdf saying most won't be affected but I've been unemployed since April of 09 so maybe I was on it too long or something.

I don't know but please keep updating this thread guys!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:57 AM

330 posts, read 413,516 times
I am currently sitting in the Chapel Hill ESC office. Crowd is small, but judging from the garbage and disarray, I'd say they had one hell of a morning. Waiting to see my favorite rep.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 AM

can u tell us how it was worded that you were "no longer eligible?"

Old 09-27-2010, 11:59 AM

330 posts, read 413,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat6Jones View Post
I've gotten 7 letters and feel sort of nauseous. Apparently I owe around 3,000$ back and am no longer eligible for Unemployment Benefits. I hope this isn't the case. ESC posted a pdf saying most won't be affected but I've been unemployed since April of 09 so maybe I was on it too long or something.

I don't know but please keep updating this thread guys!
If you started in April 09, its hard to imagine you've exhausted all your Tiers. What were you receiving this year vs last?

Old 09-27-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca11 View Post
can u tell us how it was worded that you were "no longer eligible?"
claim has indefinite/ineligible disqualification

Old 09-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
If you started in April 09, its hard to imagine you've exhausted all your Tiers. What were you receiving this year vs last?
I think it was nearly the same, but I can't really tell because when I first filed I had tax taken out, this year I decided not to have tax taken out.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat6Jones View Post
claim has indefinite/ineligible disqualification
that may not affect u, call raleigh and speak to a rep
some have gotten that letter too but thus far no explanation on it
so dont assume the worst, call and see what raleigh can do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or