U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 01:31 PM

330 posts, read 402,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
hmmmm, well if my predicitons are right, I should be going into EB by the end of Oct(?) So we'll see if that happens and if they'll yank me out of it when the lovely deadline looms upon us
there is also that EB is connected to the unemployment rate. i'm trying to look up what it is in NC now, and what the trigger number is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 01:33 PM

32 posts, read 42,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
what date did your Year 1 start? when did you first open a claim in 09?
Around March 7 of 2009.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:35 PM

407 posts, read 585,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Hi all

Rough day for us all.
I too finally got letters, one being the NCUI-550 for my 2nd year.
My numbers match. Says I owe $1,735.00 exactly what would be left owed after taking my remaining Tier 3 and Tier 4. So I am thinking (hoping) that i will soon get a letter saying i am in EB for 20 weeks, (of which it will take 4.3 weeks at my 1st benefit years amount to pay off. That should be leaving me with 15.7 weeks left to draw on from EB.

Though I could file Sunday, my payment history hasn't changed since last weeks deposite. My status says Exhausted and I have no issues.

No idea what will happen next, but certainly I will be now moving into EB at 50% for might as well say 9 weeks and then begin getting full benefit rate once I am square with them. So if this is right, I will actually have a few weeks longer I can file, if need be. But money wise it isn't going to make much of a difference in the total amount I will get, should I need to use it all.

thanks everyone for sharing.
I do hope the brass didn't come down on JR. I feared that is what had happened when I saw his post. It is a shame and certainly isn't fair to him or us, if that is indeed what happened.
JR, if you are reading, thank you for all the help you have given everyone.
actually if they take the EB weeks away from u, it should pay off the overpayment and have no reason to to deduct anything more from weekly amounts--- of course u need to be able to ACTUALLY GET THRU TO A HUMAN BEING to talk to in order to fix that!

Old 09-27-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo12b View Post
Around March 7 of 2009.
close to mine, close to KC's.
did you get a full amount in Year 1/09? you know, 26 weeks of UI, 20 weeks of Tier 1, etc?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:39 PM

776 posts, read 1,493,156 times
Yeah...I've given up on calling today and decided to crack open a beer and try again tomorrow. I wasn't able to actually send my resume out today...and Monday is usually the day I do alot of my job hunting since it's a new week and all.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:40 PM

81 posts, read 152,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
actually if they take the EB weeks away from u, it should pay off the overpayment and have no reason to to deduct anything more from weekly amounts--- of course u need to be able to ACTUALLY GET THRU TO A HUMAN BEING to talk to in order to fix that!
Yes, I thought about that, just not sure how it will all work. I would rather they do that and just leave how ever many full weeks left as just thatm full weeks for less time,,, I think, lol. As hard as it is to find a decent job anymore, I may be better off at more weeks, even if the first 1/2 (or thaereabouts) would be at 50%.

Anyway, I have already put my phone on the charger, getting ready for tomorrow...

Old 09-27-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Yes, I thought about that, just not sure how it will all work. I would rather they do that and just leave how ever many full weeks left as just thatm full weeks for less time,,, I think, lol. As hard as it is to find a decent job anymore, I may be better off at more weeks, even if the first 1/2 (or thaereabouts) would be at 50%.

Anyway, I have already put my phone on the charger, getting ready for tomorrow...
i seriously doubt they will even consider that, if i'm reading you correctly.
they are very particular, and they are not going to assume youd reach EB and just take it off the back end so that you can keep getting full weeks of EUC Tiers right now.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblamboy View Post
What was interesting about the whole thing is that she said IF I had actually qualified for a second benefit year legitimately under the rules (as properly applied, not as originally/actually applied to most), then when those benefits were exhausted, I would've still just gone back to a pull-forward of year 1 tiers...
no offense to Sharon, but i have my doubts about this part of your conversation with her. this is contrary to what jdljr has told us.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:53 PM

108 posts, read 142,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
there is also that EB is connected to the unemployment rate. i'm trying to look up what it is in NC now, and what the trigger number is.

I think it is 9.8 now in NC. Don't know what rate triggers what. I believe if it is over 10% then the full effect is triggered.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
I think it is 9.8 now in NC. Don't know what rate triggers what. I believe if it is over 10% then the full effect is triggered.
i think we're still fine. just found this as you posted.

Unemployment Extension Bill H.R. 4213, now signed to become a law, would extend the filing deadline for unemployment insurance benefits which expired last June 2 to until November 30, 2010 allowing unemployed individuals to file and move into their next tier of unemployment benefits. This is not the Tier 5 that most unemployed Americans are clamoring as it would not create additional weeks of unemployment benefits.
For those eligible unemployed Americans, this law states that 99 weeks would still be the maximum amount of time an unemployed individual could receive unemployment benefits for states with 8.5% and above unemployment rates and 86 weeks would still be the maximum time for those who are located in states with below 8.5% unemployment rates.
Furthermore, the Federal Additional Compensation Program providing an extra of $25 per week of unemployment benefits payments and COBRA would not be extended under this law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or