U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 PM

32 posts, read 43,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
close to mine, close to KC's.
did you get a full amount in Year 1/09? you know, 26 weeks of UI, 20 weeks of Tier 1, etc?
Yeah I assume I did, didn't keep any of the letters but i received benefits that entire claim year, I do remember getting one letter saying that I was eligible for an extension that year.
this really sux, I'm already in the wia program and was planning on going back to work by december anyway, but this totally caught everybody offguard, looks like it's going to take 3yrs to get a 2 yr degree if I have to drop classes to settle for whatever job I can get
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 PM

656 posts, read 1,019,732 times
Quote:
there is also that EB is connected to the unemployment rate. i'm trying to look up what it is in NC now, and what the trigger number is.
Not sure on the trigger number, but last week the unemployment actually was down in our state to 9.5%

I'm wondering if it will rise after the tourism rush drops off after the fall.
Alot of people get laid off in the mountain areas after the first of Nov.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:58 PM

776 posts, read 1,522,332 times
Quote:
i seriously doubt they will even consider that, if i'm reading you correctly.
they are very particular, and they are not going to assume youd reach EB and just take it off the back end so that you can keep getting full weeks of EUC Tiers right now.
I had mentioned this earlier, and seriously think (judging by one of the comments) that they're going to do it this way. They're going to determine if you qualify for EB and subtract the necessary weeks from that. This would mean that you will more than likely remain where you were before all of this happened (in my case, beginning of Tier 4)...but when you hit EB...it'll be revised to only 6 or 7 weeks, in most cases.

I think it makes more sense for them to just take from EB instead of trying to fill in the gap with EUC that's already been certified for and spent. And the fact that it makes more sense just means that the ESC WON'T do it, I'm sure.

The only way you can really be screwed royally is if you don't actually qualify for EB. You'll either owe a boatload of cash, or you'll get drastically less benefits than you thought you were entitled to.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:07 PM

330 posts, read 412,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I had mentioned this earlier, and seriously think (judging by one of the comments) that they're going to do it this way. They're going to determine if you qualify for EB and subtract the necessary weeks from that. This would mean that you will more than likely remain where you were before all of this happened (in my case, beginning of Tier 4)...but when you hit EB...it'll be revised to only 6 or 7 weeks, in most cases.

I think it makes more sense for them to just take from EB instead of trying to fill in the gap with EUC that's already been certified for and spent. And the fact that it makes more sense just means that the ESC WON'T do it, I'm sure.

The only way you can really be screwed royally is if you don't actually qualify for EB. You'll either owe a boatload of cash, or you'll get drastically less benefits than you thought you were entitled to.
if we're talking about the same thing, and i 'm not entirely sure we ARE , i still have my doubts.
take EB off the back end so we can get full EUC amounts?
but theyve already started taking 50% off our weekly benefits. the only way not to have 50% taken away is to not file at all.
the rep i spoke to today sure made it sound like they were GOING to get "their" money back, regardless.

they are very linear. the computer programs handle everything. so its hard to see them taking EB you havent even moved into and using it. theyd say, "what if you start working tomorrow?"

Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM

36 posts, read 51,310 times
Can anyone tell me if I have shot myself in the foot for emailing an appeal/waiver to esc.public.appeals@ncmail.net for each of the letters I have received (5). Do my appeal(s) disqualify me from EB as I have seen posted? If so, is there any way to "undo" the appeal? I was doing as the form NCUI 514 (rev March 1999) told me to do. I am trying so hard not to be like Henny Penny!

Old 09-27-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjerliz View Post
Can anyone tell me if I have shot myself in the foot for emailing an appeal/waiver to esc.public.appeals@ncmail.net for each of the letters I have received (5). Do my appeal(s) disqualify me from EB as I have seen posted? If so, is there any way to "undo" the appeal? I was doing as the form NCUI 514 (rev March 1999) told me to do. I am trying so hard not to be like Henny Penny!
my rep said it would not prevent filing, that appealing would not "freeze" anything.
thats what she said. whether thats gospel, who knows.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:18 PM

776 posts, read 1,522,332 times
Quote:
if we're talking about the same thing, and i 'm not entirely sure we ARE , i still have my doubts.
take EB off the back end so we can get full EUC amounts?
but theyve already started taking 50% off our weekly benefits. the only way not to have 50% taken away is to not file at all.
the rep i spoke to today sure made it sound like they were GOING to get "their" money back, regardless.
The point I'm simply making is that it's much easier to make up for those messed up weeks by replacing it with the unused EB that alot of us are now entitled to and keep us right where we were before this calamity, instead of removing those messed up weeks and shift already certified EUC in it's place...followed by the daunting task of trying to figure out where each claim should be today and scheduling thousands of new people now on EB for work search audits since alot of us would become well into EB.

The fact that they're taking 50% (not me yet) is confusing...I dunno. It's a mess.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:20 PM

16 posts, read 18,809 times
did u eceive a letter from the NC ESC saying u received improper unemployment benefits? david.bracken@newsobserver.com or 919-829-4548.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
The point I'm simply making is that it's much easier to make up for those messed up weeks by replacing it with the unused EB that alot of us are now entitled to and keep us right where we were before this calamity, instead of removing those messed up weeks and shift already certified EUC in it's place...followed by the daunting task of trying to figure out where each claim should be today and scheduling thousands of new people now on EB for work search audits since alot of us would become well into EB.

The fact that they're taking 50% (not me yet) is confusing...I dunno. It's a mess.
oh, i gotcha. YES, that would be easier. and logical. those are not things that we are likely to see out of a government agency.
when are we starting that very logical consultation enterprise?

Old 09-27-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU_madman View Post
did u eceive a letter from the NC ESC saying u received improper unemployment benefits? david.bracken@newsobserver.com or 919-829-4548.
who's david bracken? you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or