U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-27-2010, 02:56 PM
 
407 posts, read 598,993 times
Reputation: 48

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
there are going to be some 40,000 appeals, in theory. you can try to do it via phone, or if you can get to an ESC office that isnt generally too crowded, you might as well go. trust me, they are expecting you.

theyd prefer the waiver form is signed, so its really just a matter of who you reach via phone as to how easy they can make it for you.
BUT why file an appeal? I mean 1. I DO OWE THE $$$ and 2. if they intend to swap out my weeks, i will come out ahead as i will get EB which i wouldnt have before

so whats the point of filing an appeal? I dont want to appeal it---- i just want them to swap out my year 2 weeks with tier and eb weeks and get me started in EB receiving payments....

thats what i mean! the local offices are completely lost when i say that!
i dont want to appeal it b/c IF and WHEN they swap out my weeks
i should owe $91 and THEN get almost twice as many EB weeks left as i would have without this mess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2010, 02:58 PM
 
3 posts, read 3,333 times
Reputation: 14
I apologize, I worded it wrong, I meant to say to a hearing, I am going to file an appeal tomorrow, and am going to look into the earlier posts that were suggested, Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:01 PM
 
32 posts, read 43,680 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
you didnt keep your letters?

ok, well, if you started 3/1/09 on Year 1, and without interruption collected til 3/1/2010, thats 52 weeks. thats somewhere in Tier 2.
26 weeks UI
20 weeks Tier 1
6 of 14 weeks Tier 2.
IF you had a normal claim.

with a dead week, and counting til now, thats another 29 weeks youve collected Year 2. bringing forward Year 1 at week 7 of Tier 2, that would use up those 8 weeks, the 13 in Tier 3, the 6 in Tier 4 and the first 2 weeks of EB.
so, you MIGHT have 18 weeks of EB left.

but thats if its a normal full strength claim. and then you have to compare the payments you got this year with last. if they werent terribly different (mine were $11/wk more this year than last), then you should be in that neighborhood of 18 weeks, you would think.
I know shame on me! just got of the phone with raleigh. rep told me that I had $5200 left to draw from. thats about 17 weeks for me. she also told me about the email address for the waiver. Funny I wonder why my local rep told me that I didnt have any funds left or are they adjusting everyone's files constantly. My dad received a letter today and it was off by a few weeks compared to what the rep told him. 20 weeks at first then 13 in the letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
 
330 posts, read 412,657 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
BUT why file an appeal? I mean 1. I DO OWE THE $$$ and 2. if they intend to swap out my weeks, i will come out ahead as i will get EB which i wouldnt have before

so whats the point of filing an appeal? I dont want to appeal it---- i just want them to swap out my year 2 weeks with tier and eb weeks and get me started in EB receiving payments....

thats what i mean! the local offices are completely lost when i say that!
i dont want to appeal it b/c IF and WHEN they swap out my weeks
i should owe $91 and THEN get almost twice as many EB weeks left as i would have without this mess
gotcha. yeah, that all makes sense. i did ask "do you see me filing a waiver and the money NOT being taken back and me still getting my payments?"
"No."
to me that sounds like "all appeals/waivers will fail. we're going to take back the overpayments, regardless."
so i still think theyre going to take 50% and thats that. because i dont think they are sophisticated enough to do it any other way.

i remember now, she even said that that 14th week of Tier 2? well, they FORGOT to add that in to this reprogram the first time. they ran to the end of Tier 3 and THEN added that bonus week.
that may be why i got a small deposit last week in addition to the letters.
so, its still people writing the programs and they can make mistakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:16 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,273 times
Reputation: 10
I had to refile for my 2nd year in June, and since I had not worked I got the "dummy" year where they just pull forward what I had. From what I've seen, this just effect people who started year 2 from Jan 1 to May 26? I haven't recieved a letter, but a buddy of mine who started year 2 in Jan. has. I have 3 kids, and I am just tring to get a heads up on what is going to happen. Is the Jan 1 to May 26th statement I made correct? Should I be OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:23 PM
 
330 posts, read 412,657 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpdc14 View Post
I had to refile for my 2nd year in June, and since I had not worked I got the "dummy" year where they just pull forward what I had. From what I've seen, this just effect people who started year 2 from Jan 1 to May 26? I haven't recieved a letter, but a buddy of mine who started year 2 in Jan. has. I have 3 kids, and I am just tring to get a heads up on what is going to happen. Is the Jan 1 to May 26th statement I made correct? Should I be OK?
i would predict yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
 
56 posts, read 68,812 times
Reputation: 11
I still see no change in my claim.. Still "Benefits Exhausted" and no money added into my paid claims. I usually get mine tomorrow but looks like I am not getting SQUAT...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:52 PM
 
36 posts, read 51,326 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
my rep said it would not prevent filing, that appealing would not "freeze" anything.
thats what she said. whether thats gospel, who knows.
Thanks. I'll post what eventually happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 04:18 PM
 
36 posts, read 51,326 times
Reputation: 11
Update: I just checked my claim profile and it says "Benefits Exhausted." And no payment has been scheduled on the payment history page, nor has anything come into my bank account. I filed for unemployment February, 2009. The last contact I had with NCESC I was told I had benefits to the end of November. I was in Tier 3. My current (second) benefit year started 1/31/2010 and runs through 1/29/2011. The only employment I've had since I first filed was some temp work this past summer. What should I do now? Go in to my local office? What do I take with me? Is there any hope the "Benefits Exhausted" may not be true? I am in serious trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 04:19 PM
 
407 posts, read 598,993 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
gotcha. yeah, that all makes sense. i did ask "do you see me filing a waiver and the money NOT being taken back and me still getting my payments?"
"No."
to me that sounds like "all appeals/waivers will fail. we're going to take back the overpayments, regardless."
so i still think theyre going to take 50% and thats that. because i dont think they are sophisticated enough to do it any other way.

i remember now, she even said that that 14th week of Tier 2? well, they FORGOT to add that in to this reprogram the first time. they ran to the end of Tier 3 and THEN added that bonus week.
that may be why i got a small deposit last week in addition to the letters.
so, its still people writing the programs and they can make mistakes.
True, i do not expect any of the waivers to be approved
makes no sense
i mean to be APPROVED there has to be a legit reason
and i dont see any here
BUT if u read the posts today some people ARE GETTING IT FIXED!
but only if u get thru to a rep in raleigh who KNOWS HOW to MANUALLY swap out the weeks for you!
thats the key!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:26 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top