Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 08:25 PM

330 posts, read 460,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Who knows?(ha)
It sounds like they went straight into a dummy year after yr one, with (2)weeks of no benefits until their dummy year kicked in(?)
I can't figure out how they'd have an OP from this program being ran, unless they collected something into this 2nd year....?

It Could be they were paid the wrong amt(too much) all along and it's just now identified when the computer ran this program.
If they post back, I hope they give more specifics
if they got a letter this weekend, it seems like they would HAVE to have been started a 2nd benefit year. thats what this is all about.
i think the poster is just getting the terms mixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 08:30 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Well I'm by no means a math wiz, but my check book amazingly balances out every month (ha)

One question for you.
After your year one ended in May, did you recieve 1-2 weeks of EB pay until the dummy year was pulled forward?
THat's the only way I can figure out how they have you owing an overpayment, since you collected NO UI in a new 2nd year.... seems like your claim would'nt have been affected at all by any of this.
Unless .....they gave you EB and are wanting that back, since it may have been after your first year ended..?
When it stopped in May it just stopped. I lost the week it stopped and the following was considered a waiting week.

I assume the money they want back is for the money received starting in June but so far they've only asked for July 17. This is why I expect more letters.

I know I was dropped in the middle of receiving some tier because I got the benefit letter and then got zapped by the year changing.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 PM

193 posts, read 285,840 times
OK.. help me out. My brain is in overload mode right now.

My 2nd benefit yr started on 2/27/10. I did not work my 1st yr. My benefit amount went from 403 to 224 a week so a difference of 179. I received 224/wk for 13 weeks. At the end of my UI period, in June, when congress hadn't signed anything, I started the pull forward from my 1st yr.

Today I spoke with a rep and he told me I have 26 weeks left. I'm in my 1st week of Tier 4 and then EB. BUT if they pay me the difference (2327) won't they also take 6 weeks off my balance as well? leaving me with 20 weeks left?????? I feel like my head will explode

Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
When it stopped in May it just stopped. I lost the week it stopped and the following was considered a waiting week.

I assume the money they want back is for the money received starting in June but so far they've only asked for July 17. This is why I expect more letters.

I know I was dropped in the middle of receiving some tier because I got the benefit letter and then got zapped by the year changing.
KC will have to remind me on the May date. i'm surprised you got caught up in this.
but yes, the waiting week is at the start of a benefit year, in this case Year 2. how many weeks of Regular UI were you determined to have? the full 26, or some lesser number?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
OK.. help me out. My brain is in overload mode right now.

My 2nd benefit yr started on 2/27/10. I did not work my 1st yr. My benefit amount went from 403 to 224 a week so a difference of 179. I received 224/wk for 13 weeks. At the end of my UI period, in June, when congress hadn't signed anything, I started the pull forward from my 1st yr.

Today I spoke with a rep and he told me I have 26 weeks left. I'm in my 1st week of Tier 4 and then EB. BUT if they pay me the difference (2327) won't they also take 6 weeks off my balance as well? leaving me with 20 weeks left?????? I feel like my head will explode
noooo, sounds like they owe you. you made more in Year 1 and thats also the amount you were supposed to be getting since 2/27/10.
it sounds like they owe you $179 times every week of Year 2 benefits they paid you. thats not money that comes out of the money left now, but money they already owe you.

when Congress was out, are you SURE you got pull forward money, or did they start EB until Congress passed the extension. your pull forward from Year 1 sounds like it shouldve been $403. Did you get called into your local ESC office for review during that time? if you did, that was EB.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:38 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
i dont mean to sound rude, b/c i know we are all in the same boat.... i just had hoped this would happen automatically

SOME people have called raleigh and gotten moved MANUALLY into EB and are back on track
some apparently AUTOMATICALLY got adjusted and back on track

i ASSUME that once they bump me into EB, that they will do like they did with my tier 2 and tier 4, and slide it up -- thus replacing my remaining 2nd year 5 weeks/overpayment with 5 EB weeks, and i will still owe about $91, which i assume theyll take out of my first payment--- and then after that i should be back on track with regular payments for 13 -14 eb weeks
BUT it didnt happen yet, and apparently im not going to get back into EB without a manual intervention
I don't find you rude at all.
Your simpy anxious and freaking out like we all are or have been at this whole unemployent process...
I personally have aged 10 years in the last 2, it's a pain in the A@@ , but also our only lifeline until that day comes where we can get back into the workforce and make a living on a job (any job) that will pay us equal or more than we make as we collect the unemployment we DESERVE!

That said, I hope and really think the scenario you've listed for your claim will play out. I imagine the hangup with yours and many others , may be the fact that your now in EB, so it may take that little extra few days...?
I know one week pay is a killer to go without.
So as much of a hassle as it is, your going to have to keep calling, stay calm on the phone and trust me they don't want you to act like you've read anything on a forum... most reps get offended whenever that's mentioned, ha!

If you don't get ahold of anyone (helpful) by Thursday>???? Personally I'd get your self straight to the local office and simply tell them ,
" No this is not for a waiver, I just would like you to show me my screen and how many weeks, I'm now able to collect , so I can buy groceries ect".....
(IMO) Suck up BIG time to get to speak to a rep and when they look on the sceen and see your claim may be on a hold process to move into EB, then they probably will do that right in front of you.

See I fixed it all for you
All jokes aside, try to relax, YOU may end up ahead in the long run, but may have to wait that extra frew days

Old 09-27-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
Well i STILL Show no payment for this week, even though it let me certify
so i guess i did not move "Seamlessly" into EB
Does it say active issues?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
if they got a letter this weekend, it seems like they would HAVE to have been started a 2nd benefit year. thats what this is all about.
i think the poster is just getting the terms mixed.
Possibly so.
If they get more letters tomorrow, they'll really be in a fix!

Old 09-27-2010, 08:45 PM

193 posts, read 285,840 times
I'm not on EB. I'll get my full check tomorrow, thankfully! And I know they owe me.

When congress was slow acting in June, I couldn't go on EB because I'm in California and they triggered off EB. The only option was the pull forward.

I understand they owe me. My thing is this:

If they hadn't started a 2nd year in Feb and just continued my 1st yr (like they were supposed to) then I would have been in early Tier 2 in Feb. Right Now, i'm in my 1st week of tier 4. If they hadn't paid me those 13 weeks, wouldn't I still be in Tier 3?????? Like EARLY tier 3?

Thanks yall. It is very nerve wrecking. I'm relaxing but so many things are so out of whack right now. lol.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post

Well what's strange with that is the fact that you had a waiting week? You only serve a waiting week when you get put into a new year.
So if you didn't monetarily qualify, then you shouldn't have had to serve a waiting week.
Possibly only a week for the pullforward to run, which I believe used to be on Wednesday evenings.
You'll really need to call and talk to a rep with this one, I have no idea how this affects you .,when apparently you feel you didn't ever recieve anything in year 2
hmmmmm?
Start calling early tomorrow and explain everything to them and post back here when you find out.
I'll be curious as to what's going on .
Sorry I can't help you more, this whole thing is really a mess right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina