U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 10:10 AM

407 posts, read 598,993 times

Advertisements

u should call back and get them to clarify
REMOTE SERVICES is having about a 20 min wait today NOT BAD AT ALL

call them and ask ALL THE INFO
ask them WHAT TIER or EB weeks those benefits are for
HOW the overpayment is being offset (did they deduct other weeks? or will u get 50% payments) and keep a record of EXACTLY what they tell u
b/c if its wrong, when u call back MAYBE that info will help fix it smoother

BY THE WAY, all local offices that ive dealt with or know ANYONE who has are 100% wrong on this issue and are giving wrong info or none at all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
So...

Continue collecting benefits and not seek work = still receive benefits each week, but half of the amount.

Finally find work and get a job = Cough up the balance of what you still owe...but hey, at least you found work!

Yeah, sounds fair...
EXACTLY!!!! its a NO-WIN Situation
thats why im hoping that they do THE ONLY LOGICAL THING
which is to RE RUN the program and swap out EB weeks like they did with my tier 2 and 4
i mean IT MAKES SENSE and that way they dont have tens of thousand of angry people to deal with
and its the ONLY way they are going to get ANY $ for the state
BECAUSE THE WAY IT IS all it will do is shift the $$$ burden to food stamps and other programs and theyll lose $ that way!

So im hoping that those who were told the EB weeks would be shorter to offset OP are correct!

Old 09-28-2010, 10:17 AM

776 posts, read 1,523,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
EXACTLY!!!! its a NO-WIN Situation
thats why im hoping that they do THE ONLY LOGICAL THING
which is to RE RUN the program and swap out EB weeks like they did with my tier 2 and 4
i mean IT MAKES SENSE and that way they dont have tens of thousand of angry people to deal with
and its the ONLY way they are going to get ANY $ for the state
BECAUSE THE WAY IT IS all it will do is shift the $$$ burden to food stamps and other programs and theyll lose $ that way!

So im hoping that those who were told the EB weeks would be shorter to offset OP are correct!
And if not...I wonder if a potential employer that wants to hire me next week can hold off til January. Me thinks not.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 AM

330 posts, read 412,657 times
will ESC work out a payment plan?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 AM

32 posts, read 43,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
So...

Continue collecting benefits and not seek work = still receive benefits each week, but half of the amount.

Finally find work and get a job = Cough up the balance of what you still owe...but hey, at least you found work!

Yeah, sounds fair...
seems like the only way to immediately come out ahead is to get a job making enough to pay ESC and all your bills too. Get the ESC over with and hope you don't loose the new job. It would suck to work and not even do as well as you were on unemployment.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:22 AM

i say we all just form a company and pay ourselves.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 AM

32 posts, read 43,680 times
I say we all apply for jobs at the ESC! I know they need help right now. lol

Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
will ESC work out a payment plan?
NOT SURE im sure as long as u mailed in some payment a week or so, theyd not go to court
but who knows

Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo12b View Post
I say we all apply for jobs at the ESC! I know they need help right now. lol
dont think i havent thought of that.
the problem?
come end of November, when millions start dropping out of unemployment benefits, we'll be laid off.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo12b View Post
seems like the only way to immediately come out ahead is to get a job making enough to pay ESC and all your bills too. Get the ESC over with and hope you don't loose the new job. It would suck to work and not even do as well as you were on unemployment.
CORRECT! so its like u have to suddenly get luck after a year or so of NOT being able to find work and NOW find a job that pays u 50% more than u got on Unemployment JUST TO BE ABLE TO STAY AT THE SAME BROKE LEVEL YOU WERE NOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or