Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 12:50 PM

36 posts, read 56,709 times

Advertisements

Wow. Feel the love. 8 letters in 3 days. I never had a boyfriend do that well! Like many of you, I received 3 letters today. Listed below in no particular order:
1. "You are not monetarily eligible to receive Emergency Unemployment...due to insufficient base period wages." Is this the NCESC CYA letter disqualifying me for year 2?
2. Another received said " You are monetarily eligible for Fourth Tier EUC benefits..."
3. And also I received a "Statement of your wage credits and a mnonetary determination of your unemplolyment insurance benefit rights...." The benefit year is noted as "begins: 1/31/2010" and it also says I have 13 weeks at $xxx (my current payment rate.)
So can anyone tell me where that puts me? I have no earthly idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjerliz View Post
Wow. Feel the love. 8 letters in 3 days. I never had a boyfriend do that well! Like many of you, I received 3 letters today. Listed below in no particular order:
1. "You are not monetarily eligible to receive Emergency Unemployment...due to insufficient base period wages." Is this the NCESC CYA letter disqualifying me for year 2?
2. Another received said " You are monetarily eligible for Fourth Tier EUC benefits..."
3. And also I received a "Statement of your wage credits and a mnonetary determination of your unemplolyment insurance benefit rights...." The benefit year is noted as "begins: 1/31/2010" and it also says I have 13 weeks at $xxx (my current payment rate.)
So can anyone tell me where that puts me? I have no earthly idea.
Oops, I forgot the infamous note at the bottom of letter #3 as noted above: "Claim has indefinite/ineligible disqualification"

Old 09-28-2010, 12:55 PM

407 posts, read 660,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tena1028 View Post
The woman who I was just talking to can't tell me anything. She said it is system problems... She said all she could do is give my info. to her supervisor to manually key in and for me to check back to my account in a couple days to see if anything has changed or call them back. Why can't I get anyone who is competent? She also told me I got too many weeks of tier 4. Well, I never made it to tier 4, they opened a 2nd year claim on me while I was in Tier 3 and that is what I was drawing off of when this mess happened...
we might have talked to the same MISINFORMED lady!
i got a call back from customer service in reference to my email i sent them
she told me SAME THING that i got 13 weeks of Tier 4 by mistake!!!
I had to WALK HER THRU IT LIKE A LITTLE KID and explain WHY they took back my 2nd year 13 week claim and that i never started tier 4, and the ONLY reason it shows that on her screen is since they bumped up the weeks to offset my OP it LOOKS that way, but isnt the case! she was lost!

SO SAD!!!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:55 PM

330 posts, read 460,733 times
Quote:
Oops, I forgot the infamous note at the bottom of letter #3 as noted above: "Claim has indefinite/ineligible disqualification"
Bingo!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
Now I'm confused even more!
Received 3 letters of OP totaling $655. They took 50% of this week's payment so far. My benefit year started 2/28/10 and ends 2/26/11

Today......I received 3 letters.
Letter 1: I am not eligible for EUC due to insufficient base period wages which says it requires 20 wks of full time insured employment or the equivalent in insured wages in the base period. ?? I don't understand. I worked years full time before being laid off.
Letter 2: I am eligible for 4th Tier EUC and it lists the amount
Letter 3: Revision...I am eligible for EB and lists the amount

I have NO CLUE where this puts me! If they are trying to mess with my mind, they are succeeding.

Can anyone shed some light?
Thanks
I received the exact same letters today...except my letter 3 has at the bottom left: "Claim has indefinite/ineligible disqualification." Does your have that, too?

Old 09-28-2010, 12:56 PM

330 posts, read 460,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
we might have talked to the same MISINFORMED lady!
i got a call back from customer service in reference to my email i sent them
she told me SAME THING that i got 13 weeks of Tier 4 by mistake!!!
I had to WALK HER THRU IT LIKE A LITTLE KID and explain WHY they took back my 2nd year 13 week claim and that i never started tier 4, and the ONLY reason it shows that on her screen is since they bumped up the weeks to offset my OP it LOOKS that way, but isnt the case! she was lost!

SO SAD!!!!!
what in the world are they saying? Tier 4 has a max of like...6 weeks. it couldnt possibly be 13 weeks. good grief.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblamboy View Post
Does anybody remember what JDLJR said about how things would work if we actually qualified for a second benefit year, once those benefits ran out...do you revert back to collecting uncollected tiers for year 1, and, if so, using which benefit amount...year 1 or year 2? Similarly, if you actually qualify for a second year and run through all tiers, does that change how they figure EB qualification?

I know this sounds a little crazy, since most are getting letters saying (well, not actually saying this, b/c the letters say nothing) they didn't actually qualify for year 2...but I just got a revised Year 2 assessment saying that I DID qualify for year 2...now I need to know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!
ACTUALLY once u have a second year, they look to see if u QUALIFY for NEW Tiers IN THAT YEAR (based on earnings) and if u dont (MOST DONT!) they PULL FWD the unused TIER $$$ from where u left off
AT THE OLD YEARS RATE
and in that case u DONT get EB pull fwd!!!
BUTTTTTTT most are like me
and u shouldnt have gotten a 2nd year claim approved and since they now REMOVED THAT
you DO qualify to pull fwd EB! but
u will have to have someone MANUALLY Open that claim for u in raleigh

Old 09-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
your EB letter says u dont qualify??? u might want to call raleigh and ask on that one!

Old 09-28-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I received the exact same letters today...except my letter 3 has at the bottom left: "Claim has indefinite/ineligible disqualification." Does your have that, too?
QUESTION? did u get paid anything this week? rsvp

Old 09-28-2010, 01:04 PM

I urge anyone with these questions--- CALL REMOTE SERVICES #, the hold time is short right now -- YES u have to redial over and over b/c u get ALL CIRCUITS BUSY, but once u get thru u r only waiting like 20-30 mins and ask them POINT BLANK about EB and what u r disqualified for and not, and then post results here so we can all learn and know what to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina