U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:20 PM
 
407 posts, read 599,915 times
Reputation: 48

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
Yes it does. Does that mean simply "You ain't getting diddly until you repay us what you owe us?"
i dont see HOW u can be NOT getting EB

UNLESS if its an issue where they didnt approve u b/c u had a 2nd year claim
in which case u need to call Raleigh ASAP b/c i was told itll take 48 hours for that to be open
BUT call now and ask them
and if u can, have them manually open an EB claim and call back thurs or fri to verify its done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:21 PM
 
56 posts, read 68,961 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1831 View Post
Firstly, I have to thank all those who monitor and post their experiences on this board, the ESC should be looking to employ all of us to replace whatever source they are hiring from. I do feel however for all those unemployed who don't have the luxury from learning from others where unemployement is concerned because the communication and expertise from the ESC employees makes this system almost impossible to understand.

I have a mind bender here that I am trying to logically understand. I started unemployment back in May 10, 2009 however because of poor instructions from opening a claim online I never officially go started and receiving benefits until July of 2009 (july 26 to be exact.) On May 8 - the beginning of year 2 - I was at week 16 of Tier 1 ($494 per week + 25). Of course I supposedly qualified for 13 weeks reg UI for year 2 and served my waiting week with no pay and went through 13 weeks of a reduced payment ($14 less per week for 13 weeks) then resumed pull forward for 5 weeks at $494 rate and this last week received two op notices one for $466 for week of May 29 and one for $340 for week of September 04? This wee was a 50% pymt.

The whole OP makes no sense in the world to me - I have plenty to pull forward - I made less per week and had a waiting week - why would I owe money??

By my calculations I am still in 3rd tier even with the swap out?? I would love to see if anyone else has had any luck with getting op understood or reversed. I called local ESC and the rep asked me how I knew so much - and then said I had been on unemployment a long time I should not be upset.

Easy for them to say not to be upset.. They have a check coming in and were not cut off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:21 PM
 
407 posts, read 599,915 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
bb1831,
can you clarify this part:
"Of course I supposedly qualified for 13 weeks reg UI for year 2 and served my waiting week with no pay and went through 13 weeks of a reduced payment ($14 less per week for 13 weeks) then resumed pull forward for 5 weeks at $494 rate"

you generally dont "pull forward" once they gave you the go ahead for Year 2 UI. you get shorter length Tiers of Year 2.
i believe they mean, they DIDNT QUALIFY for any extensions based on year 2 figures, so the ESC went back and PULLED FWD Unused weeks from the year 1 claim, at the year 1 rate

like they did with mine

very few people actually get extensions in year 2 BASED on the year 2 claim, like 95% are pulled fwd from year 1 at the year 1 rate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:28 PM
 
330 posts, read 413,367 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
i believe they mean, they DIDNT QUALIFY for any extensions based on year 2 figures, so the ESC went back and PULLED FWD Unused weeks from the year 1 claim, at the year 1 rate

like they did with mine

very few people actually get extensions in year 2 BASED on the year 2 claim, like 95% are pulled fwd from year 1 at the year 1 rate
well, no, i dont think thats so.
i got brand new Year 2 UI and Tiers. thats entirely the reason the letters i and others have received are coming out. because i got $11 more a week through 13 weeks of UI, 10.4 weeks of Tier 1, 6.5 weeks of Tier 2, etc.

what are the reasons you would get Year 2 UI but not get Year 2 EUC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:36 PM
 
330 posts, read 413,367 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1831 View Post
this last week received two op notices one for $466 for week of May 29 and one for $340 for week of September 04?
you got letters that covered ONLY one single week each, or a span of weeks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:39 PM
 
330 posts, read 413,367 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
well, no, i dont think thats so.
i got brand new Year 2 UI and Tiers. thats entirely the reason the letters i and others have received are coming out. because i got $11 more a week through 13 weeks of UI, 10.4 weeks of Tier 1, 6.5 weeks of Tier 2, etc.

what are the reasons you would get Year 2 UI but not get Year 2 EUC?
i already know youre going to say the 1.5x rule, and thats true.
but that doesnt come out to 95% of these people. if it did, then 95% of these people would only be trying to replace 13 weeks of UI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:39 PM
 
8 posts, read 12,765 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
bb1831,
can you clarify this part:
"Of course I supposedly qualified for 13 weeks reg UI for year 2 and served my waiting week with no pay and went through 13 weeks of a reduced payment ($14 less per week for 13 weeks) then resumed pull forward for 5 weeks at $494 rate"

you generally dont "pull forward" once they gave you the go ahead for Year 2 UI. you get shorter length Tiers of Year 2.
Well, that's a really good question - I was told I didn't qualify for extensions under year two,I received a monitarily ineligible letter after reg UI benefits ended and I called and they said they would set me up for pull forward from first year at the first year rate. SO I have been back at that rate for 5 weeks and this week (6th) I received 50%.

This over payment really has me perplexed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM
 
8 posts, read 12,765 times
Reputation: 11
Default Single Week OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
you got letters that covered ONLY one single week each, or a span of weeks?

The letters say

amt of overpymt $466.00
Weeks overpaid: Blank
First week May 29, 2010
Last Week: May 29, 2010

amt of overpymt $340.00
weeks overpaid: Blank
First Week: Sept 04, 2010
Last Week: Sept 04, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
 
330 posts, read 413,367 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1831 View Post
Well, that's a really good question - I was told I didn't qualify for extensions under year two,I received a monitarily ineligible letter after reg UI benefits ended and I called and they said they would set me up for pull forward from first year at the first year rate. SO I have been back at that rate for 5 weeks and this week (6th) I received 50%.

This over payment really has me perplexed.
so you didnt qualify under 1.5.
your base period's total wages didnt equal 1.5 times the highest quarter.

so you started getting 13 weeks of 2nd Year UI, at less per week, and stopped Year 1 EUC when you were in week 16 of Tier 1.
that was starting... May..8? or about the 15th with the waiting week.
thats about 19 weeks ago...
5 weeks of Year 1, Tier 1
14 weeks of Year 1, Tier 2, altho this may be week 1 of Tier 3 because the reprogram forgot to include that bonus 14th week.

and there youre square.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:50 PM
 
330 posts, read 413,367 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1831 View Post
The letters say

amt of overpymt $466.00
Weeks overpaid: Blank
First week May 29, 2010
Last Week: May 29, 2010

amt of overpymt $340.00
weeks overpaid: Blank
First Week: Sept 04, 2010
Last Week: Sept 04, 2010
May 29th falls in your Year 2 UI
Sept 4 is well into your pull forward, just a different week and Tier than it is now with the reconfiguration.
but as you say, all the same amount and all less per week.
that IS odd.

i wasnt buying one of the totals on my letters either, but i dont know if i'm going to get anywhere fighting over $110 that i think they overed my overage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top