U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 07:53 AM

19 posts, read 52,710 times

Advertisements

Member: We are all frustrated and have families to feed and bills to pay. Lynn is one of the most helpful and informed people here, she was just trying to be kind to you.

I for one am homeless as of noon today. It's hard as hell to be kind to these people but they really are just doing what they can. I think that it's luck of the draw reaching the one who will go the extra mile - everyone else is terrified of losing their job.

It has only been 1 business day - let's start getting ugly at the end of the week and whatever we do, lets not get ugly at each other cause truth is - we're the only ones that understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 09:49 AM

3 posts, read 6,250 times
jdljr,

Thank you for all the valuable info. So I thought I would ask about my strange situation. My EB ran out the last week of Nov. 09. I already received my tier I & II benefits earlier in the year. So last week my status was changed to regular active claim. I did my certification for the previous four weeks. I then checked my bank account and it showed a deposit of $102 instead of my normal $279. Then later this weekend it said that I had active issues. Do you think there is delay in the payments? The phones are as always overloaded, so is there another way for me to get any answers.

Thank you

Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 AM

86 posts, read 156,917 times
Was anybody able to reach ESC by phone today ?

Old 01-04-2010, 10:30 AM

170 posts, read 683,908 times
I was able to get through at 7:25am this morning. For some reason (since I use to work in a call center) something just told me to call before the call center open just to see if someone would answer and I did and get through and spoke with someone who was able to assist me TODAY 1/04/2009. Was off the phone before the 8am. This is not to say that they are always going to be there early. This is also not to say that you should do as I did, I just took a chance and it worked out in my favor.

Also, did the website not say that "For the tier 3 extension program, filing online or by Interactive Voice Response will result in errors and/or delays." I guess it pays literally to follow the instructions. Sorry to hear that some people are not getting through and that some are just filing online when the instructions clearly said NOT to file online.

Oh well, cant say they did not warn you about the errors that could happen.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:13 AM

12 posts, read 56,817 times
Default Got it!!!!

No "LETTER" as of todays mail, so I said to hell with that and called 1-866-795-8877 circuits were busy the first 15 or 20 times then got through waited on hold about 3 minutes, spoke to "Duane" at the central office in Raleigh, I told him I needed to start my claim again for tier 3 he processed 7 weeks and said his supervisor would key it in for payment and then when I see it on my account for escnc as paid to go in and process last week just as I did before all this crap began (My words not his) He said they are only trained on regular claims since this has never happened in the history of escnc. He did not even ask about the infamous "LETTER" and I bet I wont see one either. He asked for my SS# and then followed with ?'s we get each week. He was very nice and answered all he knew, and they really dont tell them much, they are doing their job and dont want to screw up and get canned. I was friendly and did not talk when he was doing his thing, If you talk to much you over sell your situation and it really has no effect on getting payed, and it ties up the phone lines, get on get off and thank GOD. Write the state powers to be they are at fault here, I believe the money was available weeks ago but made some interest on it probably in a bank in China. We all need to tell the Fed's to stop bailing out foriegn countries with aid and fix their own damn problems, we did it some 234 years ago! Stop US companies from sending our jobs off shore or get the hell out, and dont plan on selling yoiur goods here!!! Take America back!!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 5,952 times
Default Tier 2

I'm new here. Thanks to all and especially jd who is a saint for doing this!!! This is the most info I have been able to get.

Base Period 10/01/2007 thru 9/30/2008
Benefit year 3/22/2009 thru 3/20/2010
Q1-4/2007...17371.13
Q2-1/2008...12497.78
Q3-2/2008...13399.30
Q4-3/2008...5195.66
I do qualify for the 1.5X rule...no problems or disqualifications
Received initial UI of 24 weeks started in April 2009.
Currently on 1st Tier EUC of approx 19 weeks (I think). This will end in February.

Also, the gap in my time frame is because I worked in Florida for about 1 year after working in North Carolina. Florida recommended I pull benefits from NC because the benefits are higher. So I will not have wages in NC after July 2008. I worked in NC July 2007 thru July 2008. I then had wages in Fl July 2008 thru Mar 2009. I am unclear of starting a new claim after my benefit year end because of the lack of wages in NC after Jul 2008. Will I just get a new claim opened up with new benefit year for the purpose of receiving extension benefits? Will this work based on the info above?

Question: Will I receive the Tier 2 EUC at 50%? My concern is that the EUC Tier 1 benefits I currently receive dont run out before end Dec 2009 and I have seen some conflicting posts about this. Basically, Tier 1 payments end mid Feb. Benefit year ends 3-20.
If yes, it would start before my benefit year ends. When benefit year does end, do I have to reopen to pull the extension benefits out even though I would have started the Tier 2 already?
Then will I qualify for anything else like Tier 3 and 4 that everyone is talking about? I hope I don't have to be concerned about that! But just making plans, as you all understand!

THANKS!!!!

Last edited by ssmitha; 01-04-2010 at 02:33 PM..

Old 01-04-2010, 02:52 PM

7 posts, read 22,463 times
With my Benefit year ending this Saturday and currently just started EB do I still need to file my seeking work claim on Sunday as usual? (Will also be APPLYING to see if I qualify for new claim also since benefit year is up)

Old 01-04-2010, 04:31 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,147,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psdrt185 View Post
I don't understand. How can you help your claimants if your don't REALLY know the entire process of eligibility or non eligibility?
I don't know what to tell you. I asked my Manager again today if we have ever been given the criteria by which people are eligible or ineligible for Tier 3 EUC. She said No. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something along the way. We do the best we can with what information we've been given. And I've brought what information I know about this (and UI in general) to these boards. I'm just a peon in an office.

Again, we are still of the belief, though, that anyone who has exhausted Tier 1 and Tier 2 may be eligible for Tier 3 and we will reopen people's claims when they request it in order to attempt to get the Tier 3. However for some of the claims, it's going to be a matter of seeing what the system does now and trying to decipher the system's results after the attempted reopening.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogfan78 View Post
jdljr,

I appreciate all the info. I just filed my new claim online.

One more quick question:

During my initial benefit year I had a part-time temporary job for a few months. I made less than my earnings allowance. I left the job when the position (teaching a class) was completed.

Will this impact my eligibility for benefits in my new benefit year?

Again, thanks a bunch!
No, it shouldn't. Sounds like it wasn't intended as your regular and customary full-time employment. Just a side job while you were still looking to replace your regular and customary employment.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatzfactor View Post
jdljr,

Thank you for all the valuable info. So I thought I would ask about my strange situation. My EB ran out the last week of Nov. 09. I already received my tier I & II benefits earlier in the year. So last week my status was changed to regular active claim. I did my certification for the previous four weeks. I then checked my bank account and it showed a deposit of $102 instead of my normal $279. Then later this weekend it said that I had active issues. Do you think there is delay in the payments? The phones are as always overloaded, so is there another way for me to get any answers.

Thank you
Honestly, without looking at your claim I don't know what the issue would be. For some reason, on two of the Tier 3 claims I've seen (which is just two!), the first payment of Tier 3 is less than the regular weekly benefit amount.

Raleigh SHOULD BE watching these things and if they see any irregularities get them fixed. Best bet is to try to get through on the phone or visit your local office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or