U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 02:20 PM

330 posts, read 413,367 times
with the kind of errors made up to this point, anything is possible.

when we get our Wage Transcript and Monetary Determination letter at the start of a new year, they put right on there how many weeks it lasts.
in every subsequent letter, for EUC or EB, they put your total benefits, and your weekly benefits on the letter and then tell us in text that we can find out how many weeks that is by dividing one in the other.
thats fine.
but why cant THEY do it? its just one more annoyance from them. they barely differentiate what level youre in with some sort of LABEL on the letter. and then they cant bother to apply one execution of division on the letters.
and we cant even see where we are when we sign into our claim online.
ridiculous.
if we could, maybe we'd print screen our status, and we would all know exactly where we were every week and be able to refer to it NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 03:12 PM

32 posts, read 43,768 times
well just got back from the local office. they said i didnt get the full 26 weeks at the beginning and that every extension is based on a percentage of that first set of weeks. so every tier for me wasnt the full tier and i went into EB sooner than everybody else. I got 21 weeks and thats what the tiers were like 80% of that. Wow thats great no warning. also according to them, i overdrew on some of my tiers from last yr, i guess thats why it looked like i had 26 weeks.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
with the kind of errors made up to this point, anything is possible.

when we get our Wage Transcript and Monetary Determination letter at the start of a new year, they put right on there how many weeks it lasts.
in every subsequent letter, for EUC or EB, they put your total benefits, and your weekly benefits on the letter and then tell us in text that we can find out how many weeks that is by dividing one in the other.
thats fine.
but why cant THEY do it? its just one more annoyance from them. they barely differentiate what level youre in with some sort of LABEL on the letter. and then they cant bother to apply one execution of division on the letters.
and we cant even see where we are when we sign into our claim online.
ridiculous.
if we could, maybe we'd print screen our status, and we would all know exactly where we were every week and be able to refer to it NOW.
i hear ya......the last letter i got b4 all this happened put me at having benefits til september and that was b4 that last extension was passed. figuring in the last extension, i put my benefits running out at the end of november. oh well, great way to end the year. if my overpayment isnt waived, thats gonna be the icing on the cake.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo12b View Post
well just got back from the local office. they said i didnt get the full 26 weeks at the beginning and that every extension is based on a percentage of that first set of weeks. so every tier for me wasnt the full tier and i went into EB sooner than everybody else. I got 21 weeks and thats what the tiers were like 80% of that. Wow thats great no warning. also according to them, i overdrew on some of my tiers from last yr, i guess thats why it looked like i had 26 weeks.
at the beginning of...? 1st year or 2nd?

Old 09-30-2010, 03:51 PM

143 posts, read 370,137 times
On WRAL...

"BREAKING NEWS: THE STATE WON'T REQUIRE UNEMPLOYED N.C. RESIDENTS TO REPAY $28 MILLION IN JOBLESS BENEFITS MISTAKENLY PAID TO THEM."

Wonder what the details are...

Old 09-30-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
at the beginning of...? 1st year or 2nd?
she said it was the first yr.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo12b View Post
she said it was the first yr.
so what about Year 2? even less? how were you even still getting anything if thats the case....hm.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC81 View Post
On WRAL...

"BREAKING NEWS: THE STATE WON'T REQUIRE UNEMPLOYED N.C. RESIDENTS TO REPAY $28 MILLION IN JOBLESS BENEFITS MISTAKENLY PAID TO THEM."

Wonder what the details are...
how the heck is that going to work now with what theyve done the last week...yikes.

WRAL @ 6pm is about to tell us about this.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:04 PM

N&O:

Officials with the state Employment Security Commission will seek to waive $28 million in overpayments made to about 38,000 unemployed people.
The ESC outlined a plan today that includes asking Gov. Bev Perdue to issue an order to forgive the overpayments with cooperation from the U.S. Department of Labor.
Perdue has spoken with DOL assistant secretary Jane Oates, who has agreed to work with the ESC to waive the overpayments, the ESC announced in a prepared statement.
The administrative errors that led to the overpayments have become a major black eye for the ESC, which recently mailed letters warning jobless people that they had to repay the money.
"I sincerely apologize for the confusion and inconvenience cause to our citizens over this issue," ESC chairwoman Lynn Holmes said in a prepared statement.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:04 PM

776 posts, read 1,525,454 times
Yeah... I don't understand what the WRAL headline means. I'm guessing it means they'll still replace those weeks with EB and EUC...and just "eat" anything anyone actually owes. That'd be my guess...so they'll still recoup alot of that money by replacing weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or