U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 05:18 PM

32 posts, read 43,685 times

Advertisements

this seems to be the new trend. jump into something half-assed, confuse and anger all parties involved, and get nothing accomplished. hopefully this means at least I don't have to owe them when this is all over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 05:20 PM

407 posts, read 599,051 times
well to be honest
IF they reverse it back to where it was last week- I will call and complain
BECAUSE LEGALLY I am NOW where I am supposed to be
in EB with NO 2nd year claim, and i dont want them breaking the law
(even if the governor waives it after the fact) if its going to cost me 5-6 weeks of benefits to do so!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:24 PM

thing is for me, supposedly i'm running out now anyway and I never got the 2 weeks or less notice when I filed last week or the week before. so if they go back to before they flagged everyone, where am i? according to them I should have had my benefits end before now....damn if I could only get 2 or 3 more weeks tops i'll be happy.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:26 PM

well its a mess again
the FAIR thing would be to do it case by case
and WHICH EVER WAY u come out ahead is how your case should be decided BUT im sure they cant do that

so its either 1. COMPLETE BACK TO HOW IT WAS, 2. Leave the offset weeks alone, forgive those who owe $ with no weeks to deduct from 3. ONLY do those who put in waivers or 4. totally make a confusing set of rules that noone understands and cant be fixed for another 2 weeks....

Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
well its a mess again
the FAIR thing would be to do it case by case
and WHICH EVER WAY u come out ahead is how your case should be decided BUT im sure they cant do that

so its either 1. COMPLETE BACK TO HOW IT WAS, 2. Leave the offset weeks alone, forgive those who owe $ with no weeks to deduct from 3. ONLY do those who put in waivers or 4. totally make a confusing set of rules that noone understands and cant be fixed for another 2 weeks....
i bet they go with door #4. more headaches for everyone involved. when I called Raleigh today, as soon as i got thru I knew I was going to get attitude. The rep sounded as if she's repeated the same thing a million times and had a snotty attitude. funny how a service rep who is supposed to handle problems all day long, acts as if it's not her job to help you.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:33 PM

OK people, please post links and/or any info u find out tonight and friday
i really think i am going to NOT call until monday
ONLY because i really doubt ANYONE at ESC will know ANYTHING before then
BUT please post info IF u get thru to anyone who does, so we all can learn and know its safe to call again...

IF i end up only having 6 weeks of Tier 4 left now i will be furious that I wasted almost a whole work week NOT being able to spend a lot of time looking for work b/c i had to be on the phone to Raleigh all day, every day!!!!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:34 PM

I really wish JDLJR would come back AT LEAST for one post to explain to us what to do about this!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:45 PM

330 posts, read 412,683 times
he's probably in a padded room.

i'm sure its going to take a bit to figure out, especially when they have to have the DOL sign off on it.

in the meantime, allow people to file every week, and pay full payments.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:27 PM

193 posts, read 257,232 times
that is friggin crazy. they'll use it as a biggg write off.

I still haven;t gotten a deposit for the underpayment. I called and called. Cant leave a vm. I did on Monday but havent gotten a call back. I've emailed TWICE.. No answer. I called the remote services today and told them "I want my money." She said "Sorry.. you gotta call Benefit Control Dept."

Old 09-30-2010, 06:52 PM

131 posts, read 209,370 times
Our government and agencies are completely out of control. I have never seen a year of so many scandals, crooks, and missteps. Although we all feel pretty helpless in all this...we actually have some power. If every unemployed person exercised their right to vote, and voted out the incumbents...regardless of party affiliation, we would be sending a very powerful message. These pompous azzes have written us off as struggling insects that they can ignore. We are insignificant. Please, I implore you all to use the only control we have...vote! Simply vote out the incumbents, period! You may not be able to find a job or get this bizarre issue resolved fairly & quickly, but by gosh you can darn sure have a say in the future of the incompetent elected officials who oversee our government and whose watch this mess occurred!!! How cool would it be to see all the big network anchors carry a story reporting the depth of clout carried by the unemployed whose votes just upset the entire political picture in our country. AND it's possible. It may not pay your mortgage, buy groceries, or pay your medical bills, but boy it would be sweet to get a little ethical payback!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or