Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 09:07 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
nope none. but the base wage period is what i dont get. i actually left my job Nov 29th of 2008. the only reason I had wages in q1 was because of a vacation check.
That's so strange then...
Well I know it's hard for you to call being out of state and all of that, but I'd sure put that on the list of (must ask Esc) questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 09:15 PM

193 posts, read 285,840 times
i'll be sure to ask them tomorrow. lol. The last person I spoke to said that I was due a refund. So, we'll see.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
i'll be sure to ask them tomorrow. lol. The last person I spoke to said that I was due a refund. So, we'll see.
I think I'd ask for the refund first, ha!
Goodluck

Old 10-01-2010, 09:25 PM

yeh me too.. thats why im not even going to say anything. But i haven;t even gotten an email back or call back or a deposit for that matter. I left messages since Monday.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
I just got finished reading their new "FAQ" on this problem, and it has left me "WTF".

Here is what I thought happened all along: I thought I was incorrectly approved for 13 weeks of regular UI in my 2nd year. Those 13 weeks would've been my OP.

But come to find out, the total I owe from all three OP letters only accounts for about 7 weeks and the affected dates range from March 2010, September 2010, and August 2010. Strange. So, I look at the 3 OP examples they provide in the FAQ, and none of them really give the scenario that I was improperly approved for regular UI in my second year. Here they are:

Quote:
1. On January 3, 2010, Claimant A was notified that he would receive 16 weeks of unemployment insurance benefits at the rate of $300.00 per week or a total of $4,800.00. On June 6, 2010, an audit determined that Claimant A should have only received 13 weeks of benefits at the rate of $300.00 per week, or a total of $3,900.00. Claimant A was paid $900.00 more than he should have been paid. The $900.00 is an overpayment.
2. On January 3, 2010, Claimant A was notified that he would receive 16 weeks of unemployment insurance benefits at the rate of $300.00 per week or a total of $4,800.00. On March 6, 2010, an audit determined that Claimant A should receive 16 weeks of benefits at the rate of $200.00 per week, or a total of $3,200.00. As of this date, Claimant A has been paid $2,400.00 in the benefits. Based on his newly computed entitlement, Claimant A would only receive $800.00 more in benefits. Although Claimant A was overpaid 8 weeks at the rate of $300.00, since he will not be paid an amount to exceed his entitlement for the full claim, no overpayment of benefits will exist at the end of the claim.
3. On January 3, 2010, Claimant A was notified that he was eligible to 16 weeks of federal emergency unemployment compensation benefits at the rate of $300.00 per week or a total of $4,800.00. On June 6, 2010, an audit determined that Claimant A did not meet the requirements to receive benefits under the federal emergency unemployment compensation program. Claimant A was paid $4,800.00 in benefits. The $4,800.00 paid to claimant is an overpayment.
Now #3 sounds alot like it...but I was eligible for 13 weeks of REGULAR UI, not FEDERAL EUC.

Also, in regards to the MULTIPLE OP letters:

Quote:
ESC administers its own regular state unemployment insurance and extended benefits programs as well as one or more federal unemployment compensation programs. These programs are not combined. Under each program, a claimant qualifies to receive a certain amount of benefits. For
each program if a claimant receives more than he/she is entitled, an overpayment of benefits occurs. The claimant must be notified of each program overpayment and the amount of each overpayment.
What this is saying is that I was overpaid in MORE THAN ONE program. And judging by the date ranges of the 3 OP letters I got, it's saying that I was overpaid about $322 from those 13 weeks Regular UI that I got, $390 from Tier 2, and $1,700 from Tier 3. WTF?????? It makes zero sense. Going by NCESC's OP letters...it's saying I DID qualify for regular UI in my 2nd year but was overpaid $322. And I was entitled to a pull forward, but was overpaid $390 in Tier 2. And I was only entitled to almost 1/2 of my Tier 3 benefits. It just doesn't add up.

As I'm attempting to figure this -s- out by building my sand castle...in comes the NCESC to knock it over and stomp all over it.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:40 PM

i think thats why they begged and pleaded with perdue and got the executive order.. because i don't think they can figure the crap out.

Last edited by jdmchic00; 10-01-2010 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: i cursed.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:52 PM

No kidding. It would just be ill-advised to release an FAQ on this that'll just end up confusing the crap out of us more. I had been told by an NCESC rep that the issue lies with the people who filed a new claim between Jan 10 and April/May 10 and had gotten improperly approved for second year regular benefits. This FAQ actually suggests that, I was not entitled to a pull forward...or I was only entitled to a partial pull forward. It quite simply ain't right.

Another hacky analogy...this was my ice cream cake, it took me a week to make it...and in comes the NCESC yelling, "FOOD FIGHT!!!!!" and they take my cake and throw it all over the place. That's kinda how I feel right now.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:55 PM

And I love ice cream cake...vanilla with those chocolate crunchies....with that really soft icing on top.

Now I'm hungry.

Now I want ice cream cake.

But alas, I have no money for ice cream cake since I HAVE YET TO GET MY BENEFITS FOR THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I just got finished reading their new "FAQ" on this problem, and it has left me "WTF".

Here is what I thought happened all along: I thought I was incorrectly approved for 13 weeks of regular UI in my 2nd year. Those 13 weeks would've been my OP.

But come to find out, the total I owe from all three OP letters only accounts for about 7 weeks and the affected dates range from March 2010, September 2010, and August 2010. Strange. So, I look at the 3 OP examples they provide in the FAQ, and none of them really give the scenario that I was improperly approved for regular UI in my second year. Here they are:

Now #3 sounds alot like it...but I was eligible for 13 weeks of REGULAR UI, not FEDERAL EUC.

Also, in regards to the MULTIPLE OP letters:

What this is saying is that I was overpaid in MORE THAN ONE program. And judging by the date ranges of the 3 OP letters I got, it's saying that I was overpaid about $322 from those 13 weeks Regular UI that I got, $390 from Tier 2, and $1,700 from Tier 3. WTF?????? It makes zero sense. Going by NCESC's OP letters...it's saying I DID qualify for regular UI in my 2nd year but was overpaid $322. And I was entitled to a pull forward, but was overpaid $390 in Tier 2. And I was only entitled to almost 1/2 of my Tier 3 benefits. It just doesn't add up.

As I'm attempting to figure this -s- out by building my sand castle...in comes the NCESC to knock it over and stomp all over it.
So to narrow all of this crapola down and cram it in a nutshell.,
they aren't admitting to setting us up for a wrongful year.... no mention anywhere of earning a 6 x wage rule?????
They're only sayng that they payed us too much in that (new)year for each level of UI and euc...
Well then go figure, that's their way out of having to give us EB at all IF the OP's are all waived by Bev.

I'm re-reading that mess , I'm not sure my brain can comprehend it this late at night... or at ALL!!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
And I love ice cream cake...vanilla with those chocolate crunchies....with that really soft icing on top.

Now I'm hungry.

Now I want ice cream cake.

But alas, I have no money for ice cream cake since I HAVE YET TO GET MY BENEFITS FOR THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha.

yeh.. i understand. heck, i know why they won't return my calls.. simple. they OWE me. I was UNDERPAID. and I won't stop til I get it. And when i do, i'll buy u ice cream cake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina