U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 03:49 PM

407 posts, read 599,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
[Q]BUTTTTTT i still needed a waiver to get a refund for the $104 they deducted from my deposit this week and the $71 they are going to deduct on monday[/Q]

Does this mean we have to formally file for a waiver to receive the 50% they took last week?
And why are they taking more money out of your benefit on Monday? I was told by remote svcs this morning that we will receive a full payment this week.
Were you told something different? (I wouldn't be surprised)
I can give u my best guess but its all that i have

I was told that the $71 will STILL come out on monday, b/c TECHNICALLY they have to review the waivers and then process them and theres NO WAY thatll be done by tomorrow when i file--- it could take 1-2 weeks or more
so when i file, that $71 will come out b/c the waiver has not gone through yet
2. apparently they allready added back the majority of the overpayment that was taken from me in the form of weeks being used from other tiers to offset the wrong 2nd year claim---- I guess they are doing that as a blanket/across the board--- just running some program that automatically adds back those weeks to all our claims
3. i guess the ones with ACTUAL CASH DEDUCTIONS are trickier since the state has to account for the flow of $$$ (as I am sure the DOL will be watching the books a lot closer this time, as NC has proven they cant be trusted with federal $$$!)

but again, who knows---- its also possible that the rep was 100% wrong with everything they told me and next week ill find out im back where i was before this, with only a few weeks of tier 4 left and NO eb!
i hate the uncertainty of it most of all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 03:52 PM

PS not to mention of course all the legal questions this brings up like
1. How could the state ever hope to replace the funds from 2nd year claims (regular UI is STATE funded) by taking away Tier fund (which are FEDERAL FUNDS) to start with !
2. How they can avoid having massive lawsuits from people who had power cut off, or lost insurance or other harships due to this mishap (ESPECIALLY given the fact that the ESC knew months ago and did nothing!)
3. How can the Governor really issue an executive order when so much of the funds seem to be out of her jurisdiction for lack of a better term...
4. If the DOL works with NC to allow them to keep the 28 million in federal funds that the state scewed up--- doesnt that set a bad precedent for other states?? (like MISUSE THE $ and we will let it slide!)
i could go on and on but this is just a total legal mess for the state!

Old 10-02-2010, 03:54 PM

PS i dont know if u have to file a waiver or not since the governors order SEEMS (again no details given to us!) to cover everyone, whether they filed or not
BUT at the same time, I suppose u should call and ask to be safe

Old 10-02-2010, 03:57 PM

46 posts, read 63,440 times
I didn't apply for any waiver for the 50% taken. Do I need to go there Monday to do that? Or will they just automatically (wrong word to use regarding them) give it back at some point in my lifetime?
We have been told different things already today. The lady I spoke with said we will definitely receive a full payment this week. Waiting game I guess.

oops.. lol you just answered one of my questions in a separate post.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:18 PM

12 posts, read 20,738 times
you know i gave up trying to get a straight answer or get someone on the phone days ago...

it's just disgraceful...i have worked since i was a kid...and then this layoff happens...and the last thing i ever wanted was to have to collect unemployment...although i am thankful for it...but it has been one hassle after another...and when i do go to the office or get someone on the phone most times i am treated like a second class citizen...like i did something wrong...and all along the very people are talking down to me and asking me if i am following protocol with a raised eyebrow have absolutely no clue as to what they are doing...especially the ones who make the most money and are calling the shots...

i am sorry for everyone here that has had to go through this...like i said earlier...i am fortunate that i am only looking out for myself and a cat...those with families and with medical issues that can't afford what they need to get by that are getting hit by this have all of my sympathy...it's shameful that they even entertained the idea of taking half of the money back every week for their mistakes...how on earth could they sleep after coming up with that grand plan???...and still we who have done what we are supposed to do still have no clue how this is going to turn out...

i think the whole system needs to be revamped...

excuse my rant...

Old 10-02-2010, 05:32 PM

7 posts, read 8,065 times
Default to add from my post on pg 395

Thanks CA, i actually went online and went thru every statement since 09 and this is what i get

4/20 was the first time i got anything from esc(from a claim i opened on 2/09)

second week of august was when i got the first two weeks left message.

2/10 was the last payment i recieved for my 1st year benefits. i had to re-open the claim and waited a week, then they sent me a debit card the week after that so i might of gotten three payments from them in the month of feb

so did they screw up? im lost

Old 10-02-2010, 05:54 PM

32 posts, read 43,768 times
i wonder how all this is going to affect me. The ESC said I was about to run out anyway since I didnt start with a full 26 week claim only 21. The way i figured it I still had another month at least.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:13 PM

776 posts, read 1,525,454 times
I seemed to be in a similar boat as CA11, so maybe I'll get the same deal, if I need it. I just do not want them to make it so I'd get over 99 weeks of benefits though. In fact, if they give me my Tier 4 benefits back and grant me 20 weeks EB...I'd be like a 113'er. I don't want them to turn around and ask for that money back, and with how screwed up they've been, I'd bet it's going to happen.

If they do somehow give me all of those benefits...I just won't draw my remaining benefits in the third year. I just wouldn't feel right about it.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy1024 View Post
Thanks CA, i actually went online and went thru every statement since 09 and this is what i get

4/20 was the first time i got anything from esc(from a claim i opened on 2/09)

second week of august was when i got the first two weeks left message.

2/10 was the last payment i recieved for my 1st year benefits. i had to re-open the claim and waited a week, then they sent me a debit card the week after that so i might of gotten three payments from them in the month of feb

so did they screw up? im lost
to be honest, i cant tell
b/c they are doing some creative math
best bet is to call and ask them to walk u thru it step by step

Old 10-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I seemed to be in a similar boat as CA11, so maybe I'll get the same deal, if I need it. I just do not want them to make it so I'd get over 99 weeks of benefits though. In fact, if they give me my Tier 4 benefits back and grant me 20 weeks EB...I'd be like a 113'er. I don't want them to turn around and ask for that money back, and with how screwed up they've been, I'd bet it's going to happen.

If they do somehow give me all of those benefits...I just won't draw my remaining benefits in the third year. I just wouldn't feel right about it.
well i understand how u feel, and HOPEFULLY "If' this is correct and i do have those extra weeks
1. they DONT ask for the $ back later in ANOTHER mistake
and 2. i dont want to have to use them as i hope ill have a job by then
BUTTTT if not, i wont feel bad at all to file for them! it beats going without food and electricity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or