U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 06:38 PM

776 posts, read 1,493,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
well i understand how u feel, and HOPEFULLY "If' this is correct and i do have those extra weeks
1. they DONT ask for the $ back later in ANOTHER mistake
and 2. i dont want to have to use them as i hope ill have a job by then
BUTTTT if not, i wont feel bad at all to file for them! it beats going without food and electricity!
Well, yeah, I'm not picking on anyone who does indeed take those benefits (if we do end up getting them). If they say you're entitled to them, then you're entitled to them. But, it's how I am, I'd be looking over my shoulder for those extra 13 or so weeks...just waiting for some ESC dummy to say, "Heeeeeeyyyyy, you weren't supposed to get that!" I dunno...I get sccccaaaaarred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 01:36 AM

193 posts, read 250,985 times
wow. ok.. so I figured mine out.

The wage transcript I got.. makes sense now. I did earn enough benefits I THINK during the base period for my 2nd benefit yr.

My high quarter was $5841.80.. Total was 6459.80...... if you divide that by 26, that's 224--- which is what I got.. but I only got that for 13 weeks. They said thats all i'd get out of my 2nd yr, hence why I did a pull forward.

BUTTTTTTT...... if you divide 5841.80 by 13 weeks, it is 449.30.. which is NOT what i got.

SO .. i did qualify for my 2nd year, they only paid me for 13 weeks at the 26 week rate.. PLEASE someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I only worked oct and part of november of that quarter.. then my vacation check for q1.

I'm on Tier 4.. I keep reading that if I did qualify for a 2nd yr, then they aren't supposed to use any pull forward monies and i won't get EB.. but I was told I would and I am getting the pull forward.. lol. OMG!

Last edited by jdmchic00; 10-03-2010 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: stuck on stupid. :)

Old 10-03-2010, 08:48 AM

31 posts, read 81,665 times
so if I tried to certify for the week and it says my benefits have been exhausted for the 11-15-10 yr and I just finished tier 4 I should be able to call the service number in Raleigh and get EB started?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:24 AM

46 posts, read 61,900 times
I just did my weekly certification. I received the eligibility review extra questions but this seemed new to me how they added this:
One of the requirements for receiving benefits is the periodic review of your eligibility. You will satisfy this requirement simply by answering the "supplemental" questions on the pages which follow. If for any reason you do not submit this weekly certification online by completing the following pages, you must satisfy this requirement by reporting to your local Employment Security Commission office on Friday, October 08, 2010 at 11:00 AM to discuss your efforts to find work. You must bring your work search records. Failure to report for this interview may make you ineligible for further benefits. If you submit this weekly certification online, the requirement is satisfied and you should not report for the above interview. You must retain your work search records for possible future review.

If you have returned to work full-time, please contact your local Employment Security Commission office to report the name of your employer and the date you started work.

So that I'm clear on this.....I don't have to go there Oct 8th if I answered the extra questions just now? I want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

I hope tomorrow brings us all good news and not more anxiety.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:20 AM

364 posts, read 525,049 times
Default Exhausted Benefits- still receiving weekly UB

Hi- I have a question regarding my unemployment benefits. According to ncesc.com, my benefits were exhausted 3 weeks ago. Hoping I still had another level of benefits, I continued to file the each week. I was happy to see that I was still getting benefits each week.

But I'd like to know what my situation is. Is there additional benefits after Tier IV?

I've been on UB since 2/2009.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
So that I'm clear on this.....I don't have to go there Oct 8th if I answered the extra questions just now? I want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

I hope tomorrow brings us all good news and not more anxiety.
Jeez...I would hope you can be clear on this. Nothing worse than assuming you weren't supposed to show (or if something went wrong when you submitted those answers online), then let Oct 8th pass, and they decide to strip you of your benefits because you didn't show on Oct 8th.

I've never seen that before...I've never gotten extra questions like that (though during my first year, I got the occasional set of like 5 more supplemental questions). Maybe that's something they're doing for EB? I didn't get that, buuuuut again, I have no idea if I'm actually on EB or Tier 4 at this point.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appstate1998 View Post
But I'd like to know what my situation is. Is there additional benefits after Tier IV?

I've been on UB since 2/2009.

There are no additional tiers after 4. The last thing you can draw is up to 20 weeks of EB. It appears as if you were approved for EB in mid-September. I would definitely call them and ask about your EB eligibility...how many weeks/available benefits you have left in EB. Sometimes when transitioning into EB, some manual intervention on their end is needed for your claim, which requires a phone call down there. But once you've exhausted your Regular UI, the four tiers of EUC, and EB, that's it.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:01 PM

691 posts, read 1,447,753 times
If I could I would give the remaining benefits on my account to someone. I have been blessed with great opportunity, but for this opportunity I had to move across country. In this day and time we all must rethink our life. For my wife and I it was moving 1500 miles away from our home in Swannanoa, NC to seek and find employment. There are jobs but you must be willing to take a risk and step over the edge of the abyss. If you have faith and are faithful, close your eyes and step out. GOD will not let you fail, but you can make yourself fail.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:07 PM

364 posts, read 525,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
There are no additional tiers after 4. The last thing you can draw is up to 20 weeks of EB. It appears as if you were approved for EB in mid-September. I would definitely call them and ask about your EB eligibility...how many weeks/available benefits you have left in EB. Sometimes when transitioning into EB, some manual intervention on their end is needed for your claim, which requires a phone call down there. But once you've exhausted your Regular UI, the four tiers of EUC, and EB, that's it.

First off- thanks Frrunkis for your help!

I just looked at my folder in my office and I see I had a letter dated 8/16/2010 that states I am eligible for Fourth Tier EUC benefits

Maximum Benefit Amount: 1,697.00 Earnings Allowance: 380.84
Weekly Benefit Amount: 505.00

So now I'm 2 or 3 weeks into my Extended Benefits which last 20 weeks. Does that sound correct?

Thanks!!!!

Old 10-03-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appstate1998 View Post
First off- thanks Frrunkis for your help!

I just looked at my folder in my office and I see I had a letter dated 8/16/2010 that states I am eligible for Fourth Tier EUC benefits

Maximum Benefit Amount: 1,697.00 Earnings Allowance: 380.84
Weekly Benefit Amount: 505.00

So now I'm 2 or 3 weeks into my Extended Benefits which last 20 weeks. Does that sound correct?

Thanks!!!!
Sounds about right, UP TO 20 weeks...but again, I would just call and ask a rep if you are indeed on EB and how much is left. They can probably even tell you how many weeks exactly.

The easiest way to figure how much EB you've got...EB is like 80% (or maybe it's 70%...I don't remember offhand) of whatever Regular UI you got in your first year (Regular UI is the first round of benefits you drew when you filed). Basically, if you received 26 weeks of regular UI benefits originally...you're entitled to 20 weeks of EB. If you were only entitled to 13 weeks of regular UI in your first year...you'd only be entitled to like 8 weeks of EB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or