U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-05-2010, 03:41 PM

193 posts, read 158,538 times
because they are gov't... duh! lol.

I'm about to find out ALL about that some more.. just about to fill out the app for VA and SS benefits for the hubby now since we're getting outta here soon.

Had a class on how to fill the stuff out and what to expect.. and what NOT to expect. haha. it's crazy how WE let our gov't run
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-05-2010, 03:46 PM

330 posts, read 250,112 times
its confirmed that the same department that had the employee playing video games and burning bootleg DVDs while on the job, was this department that was supposed to be on top of the overpayment issue since January.

i'm sure its a big department, i'm sure there are people who give a damn, but youd have to say that oversight/management might be just a tad lacking.

Unread 10-05-2010, 03:46 PM

no way.. really??????? im going to go check wral now

Unread 10-05-2010, 03:47 PM

NC governor unhappy with jobless benefits problems :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/8395723/ - broken link)

So.. they have a plan

Unread 10-05-2010, 03:57 PM

ESC glitch tied to audited workers - Politics - NewsObserver.com

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:05 PM

WRAL still reporting the story today that it was the unemployed being "paid too much."
thats not precisely what happened.

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:16 PM

"
[LEFT]According to the investigative report released in August, the ESC computer analyst who was copying DVDs did so to pass the time while at work. Another IT manager in the department was also implicated in the audit. A forensic investigation of the manager's computer found a folder containing 533 files that someone had attempted to erase after the state investigation started.
The manager was suspended without pay for 10 days. He remains with the department at a salary of $91,320."

WOW! WTF! I can't believe I just read that!

[/LEFT]

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:25 PM

83 posts, read 154,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. Kinda. I'm due a refund. I didn't get it YET because my claim is a "dummy yr" since I ran out of UI on my 2nd yr, which LIKE YOU, i didn't qualify for.. and was paid $179 less a week than what I was getting.

I was told yesterday, I'll be getting my refund soon. But My question was since they gave me 13 weeks of UI which I didn't qualify for and they under paid me, what will happen? I'm in the beginning of Tier 4. Technically, they could take away 8 weeks of benefits from me which will total the 13 weeks that they gave me.. since I technically wasn't supposed to get it. The lady told me yesterday that it's VERY possible that I'll continue as normal.. with Tier 4 and then my EB. Since they're not making people pay back the money that can't screw the people like us either.

I hope that helps
Yes, our cases are alike. I was paid $140 less per week. Also, I collected 17 weeks of year 2 UI, and then 8 weeks of EUC in year 2 at the lower rate = 25 weeks.

None of the letters I received stated that I'd owe the State the 17 weeks of year 2 UI. Since, as you you know, we've learned we don't have to pay anything back. So, based on my own experience, I would think you'd get a refund.

Regarding your question about what the State will do based on the 13 weeks of year 2 UI you were paid, I don't know. I'm in the same exact boat. Again, I was paid 17 weeks of year 2 UI, wrongly. The local ESC rep told me today that he couldn't help me--I'd have to hang tight for a few weeks until everything gets sorted out.

My main concern now is if I'll be eligible for 20 weeks EB. One rep said yes; today I was told maybe. I have 5 weeks left of Tier 4. I hope you're right, and we are entitled to EB. After all, if the ESC hadn't royally screwed the claims up, we would've been eligible!

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:27 PM

$91k.
nice.
i wish i could make $44/hr and not do my job.

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:45 PM

yeah really.

Thanks Nicolette. The super I spoke with yesterday said I would get a refund... just not sure when. Wish I had already gotten it. Oh well.

I'm sure you would still get it. Today I got a letter stating I'm eligible for EB. Hmmm.. lol. Odd, I know. Oh well.

Nicolette, I'm wondering, when did you last work? I also got a recent wage transcript which makes me think that I did qualify for a 2nd yr, even though my paycheck was q1 of 2009. For some reason, it said the wages were for "benefit yr 9/2009-2010" which my 2nd benefit yr didn't start til 2/2010. UGH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina