U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 04:54 PM

56 posts, read 66,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well...I'm definitely on EB. I just got an Eligibility Review appointment notice in the mail...set for 10/29. I'm one of the many who got thrown into EB after the overpayment debacle. So, in essence, I'm expecting all of this to be a colossal mess. It only says...bring with you your "work search records" for the weeks prior to your appointment date. Everything?! Yikes. I've been putting my records in spreadsheet form and now I've got to transfer it to their rather archaic form.

I'm rather annoyed by the letter also. Had I not visited this site, I would've been CLUELESS as to what to bring or what it's even about. All it says is, bring your work search records on this date at this time...failure to do so, you lose future benefits. That's it. Not "Please make certain that your work search records are filled out entirely and legibly on Form-NCwhatever it is....blah, blah, blah". What this does is tie up their phone lines even more with people panicking and saying, "Uhh uhhuhh...what do I bring? What's it about? Etc etc". I know jdljr has said that we're EXPECTED to know which form to fill out and EXPECTED to know our search requirements...but seriously, do ALL of these people actually understand? I HIGHLY doubt it.

I am on EB too apparently. Got the same letter for a review on October 28th.. MY BIRTHDAY. How dare they!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 08:53 PM

776 posts, read 1,487,193 times
Heh, well, my wife is currently about 37 weeks pregnant...and I just knnnnooooowww she'll go in labor at like 2pm on the 29th. Just watch...

"We have stripped you of your benefits because you did not show for your appointment."

Well, my wife was in labor.

"Likely excuse, sir. Goodbye."

I know it's going to happen...

Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 AM

30 posts, read 43,529 times
Default KC -- Thanks!

[quote=KC~Carolina;16244553]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles93 View Post
Hey folks!

It's been awhile since I posted -- busy with life!

It's been months in the making (literally almost THREE), but DH goes for orientation this coming weekend to headquarters in Atlanta. They filled the FT job that he applied for -- but offered him PT every other weekend. Hopefully, once his foot is in the door -- FT will come soon (at least that is what we are praying for!).

Question on filing his ESC claims -- for the first three weeks, he will be doing alot of training during the week -- I'm assuming he should go ahead and file those weeks & claim the amount he has earned each week.... I know we do gross pay for week earned (vs. net pay for week paid)... I'm assuming if he goes over the ESC amt + what he is allowed to make over that --- THEN, the ESC system should trigger and not pay him -- right? OR if it less then they will pay him the difference between wages earned and ESC amt... (I'm hoping this is right)...

Hope I'm making sense?!![/quote

Hi great to see you back here again
Congrats on the DH's Atlanta job !
Well you have it all correct and yes he'll need to still file every week.

If he makes more than his weekly ESC benefit amt., they carry that over to the end of the tier and it actually makes your funds last longer.
This is what happened to me for 2 weeks in March.
Now if it's fulltime work for say more than 2- 3 weeks, you may have to have it manually started back again, If he's working fulltime you'll need to let them know.
They won't supplement a fulltime job with funds if they know it's permanent. So you may want to stop benefits once you reached that point., then if he needs to start backup on benefits again
(Hopefully this doesn't happen) You can call and have them start up again if it's in the same benefit year ,or if not you'd have to open a new claim.
So in a nutshell just have him continue to file weekly and file the gross pay amt. All the deductions will be made and the diffeence will be paid to him by esc
goodluck!
PS> jdljr is no longer on this forum or thread, he gave us notice back on Page 292
(KC)
KC -- Thanks for letting me know about JDLJR! DH's job is not full-time -- just part-time every other weekend. This week, he has had training in Atlanta (Sun - Wed); next week training 2-3 days of training; then 4 days of training and then he'll start the work schedule of every other weekend.

How are things going with you?

Old 10-20-2010, 02:26 PM

131 posts, read 204,247 times
Hello Fellow Unemployed! Hope you all are as well as could be expected. With election day just around the corner, I urge you to follow the link I am posting. It provides some valuable information regarding how your benefits will be effected very soon. Being unemployed, as most of you know, is very demoralizing. The feeling of not being in control of your life can be overwhelming. These are tough times all around & I'm sure every one here, at some point has had to deal with stigma associated with unemployment. I, for one, have come to the conclusion that I don't have much left. But the ONE thing that I have that cannot be taken away (last I checked!), is my right to vote. This is all the power I have left. Think about it. Our, (the unemployed) numbers are getting pretty staggering & growing every week. Think about the power we have as a group & all of the sudden, I see a ray of light. I can tell you that I have voted for Richard Burr in the past, but won't again. Earlier in the year, I wrote tohim asking for support to extend the benefit filing deadline. About 5 months later, he sent me a letter saying he had supported numerous UE extensions. I checked his voting record to confirm that he LIED. So, I won't be voting for a liar, or anyone who refuses to see the dire straits so many US citizens are facing. Please VOTE. Please follow the link below & read. Join me on Nov. 2. Thank you all!

American 99ers Union urges all unemployed to vote Democratic on November 2 - Rochester Unemployment | Examiner.com

Old 10-20-2010, 04:13 PM

18 posts, read 26,320 times
I have not recieved a letter regarding my status on the appeal. The view decision link for appeals online doesnt sow anything either. Anyone have an idea what the process is?

Old 10-20-2010, 04:14 PM

193 posts, read 249,802 times
Well, my 4th email was sent last night and I copied someone to it. I hope I get some answers.

I've been told "YES WE OWE U but dunno when u will get ur money."

And I want to thank GOOGLE for bringing me here. If I never found this thread, I would be clueless.

Good luck!

Old 10-20-2010, 06:52 PM

56 posts, read 66,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Heh, well, my wife is currently about 37 weeks pregnant...and I just knnnnooooowww she'll go in labor at like 2pm on the 29th. Just watch...

"We have stripped you of your benefits because you did not show for your appointment."

Well, my wife was in labor.

"Likely excuse, sir. Goodbye."

I know it's going to happen...

I can see them saying that to you, too. Maybe she will have it on my bday and you can still make your appointment... Good luck. Keep us posted!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
Earlier in the year, I wrote tohim asking for support to extend the benefit filing deadline. About 5 months later, he sent me a letter saying he had supported numerous UE extensions. I checked his voting record to confirm that he LIED. So, I won't be voting for a liar, or anyone who refuses to see the dire straits so many US citizens are facing.
No offense, my District representative, who is a democrat (Brad Miller) and voted in favor of ARRA, points to the imaginary 3.5M jobs created/saved from ARRA as a highlight of what he's done for the unemployed. I guess I'm not voting for a liar either, but that's just not possible since they're all liars. So do I vote for the guy who lies about his votes in favor of the unemployed? Or do I vote for the guy who lies about job creation?

I want a job...not another tier of unemployment benefits. Both would be nice, but neither party seem to be interested in taking up that fight.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tena1028 View Post
I can see them saying that to you, too. Maybe she will have it on my bday and you can still make your appointment... Good luck. Keep us posted!
Or maybe a nice Halloween birthday! Thanks!

Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 PM

193 posts, read 249,802 times
you guys having a boy or girl??? congrats! i have a 3 yr old daughter and 1 yr old son. love my babies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or