U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-02-2010, 10:05 AM
 
46 posts, read 63,328 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
I just spoke with Benefits Control and they lady was VERY nice but, if you have kept up from since this stuff started, she was the person I spoke to in Benefits Control and told me she could not do anything. I just kind of laughed when I answered the phone and it was her. No worries.

She said that I got $224 today because thats what the rep told her to process but she will make the corrections tonight. Cool!!!!

She said a lot of people got their OP refunds last night or a percentage.

So my portion of the $161 they took, is $11? lol I thought they were going to refund the OP's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2010, 10:52 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,020,106 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
I'd bet they'll call. I don't know of a time where they said they'd call me at a specific time and didn't actually do it...they've been pretty good about it. they just might not end up doing a single darn thing for you. They've got no problem talking...it's just their actions that are rather lacking.

BTW, off topic , right after my post this morning, I got a call and my wife was being sent to the hospital. We had our baby boy (Tyler John) today at 2:33pm, and a whopping 10lbs, 5 oz!! My wife is diabetic, so that's why he was a pretty big kid. We had a couple little scares, but my wife and baby are holding up pretty good now. What a day. Now I'm going to hibernate for the next three days, because it's going to be insane after that.
CONGRATS!!!
By the way, my youngest son is 26 years old and named Tyler "Jon"!
Be ready, the name "Tyler" seems to bring on some outrageous wild male behavior!!!!> lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2010, 12:46 PM
 
56 posts, read 68,798 times
Reputation: 11
BTW, off topic , right after my post this morning, I got a call and my wife was being sent to the hospital. We had our baby boy (Tyler John) today at 2:33pm, and a whopping 10lbs, 5 oz!! My wife is diabetic, so that's why he was a pretty big kid. We had a couple little scares, but my wife and baby are holding up pretty good now. What a day. Now I'm going to hibernate for the next three days, because it's going to be insane after that. [/quote]


Congratulations!!!! Glad to hear mom and baby are doing good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 01:20 PM
 
46 posts, read 63,328 times
Reputation: 10
I spoke to a local office rep yesterday. The ESC has went through most files to determine OP refunds so far. They have about 3K left to examine, I was told. I asked about the $11 I received and whether I would be refunded the 50% deduction. The $11 is an underpayment from back in Tier 2 and I was told I should receive the 50% and they should finish up next week some time.
I was also told that many will finish up their last tier in the coming weeks and that many won't go into EB if they aren't already in it. I am not sure why that is though.
The man I spoke with was very kind and joked with me. I do believe he manages this office for many years, as I have been there and met him.

PS Congrats to Opack on the new baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
 
Location: NC
776 posts, read 1,522,864 times
Reputation: 327
With the election...I haven't heard too much more about this 2009 OP's. Anyone hear anything more?

I'm just expecting to see more OP letters in the mail now.

Oh, and thanks everybody. Tyler finally came out of the Special Care Unit late last night...and he and mom will hopefully be home tomorrow. And that is quite a coincidence KC...it's a great name. With losing my job and the stresses of finding another and dealing with the NCESC...it's amazing how insignificant that all becomes when you hold your baby for the first time. That's the way to cure the stress and anxiety, have a baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 02:52 PM
 
193 posts, read 257,200 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
With the election...I haven't heard too much more about this 2009 OP's. Anyone hear anything more?

I'm just expecting to see more OP letters in the mail now.

Oh, and thanks everybody. Tyler finally came out of the Special Care Unit late last night...and he and mom will hopefully be home tomorrow. And that is quite a coincidence KC...it's a great name. With losing my job and the stresses of finding another and dealing with the NCESC...it's amazing how insignificant that all becomes when you hold your baby for the first time. That's the way to cure the stress and anxiety, have a baby!

I haven't heard anymore either. They did call me yesterday morning to let me know I got paid $224.. but when I questioned the rest, she had to talk to her super and get approval and would call me back. I even asked if I needed to call again and she assured me she would call me today.

No call. Oh well.

And you are absolutely right. The economy is a cluster FK if I ever have seen one BUT when I hold my babies and kiss them goodnight or see their smiling faces, it takes all the worry away!

Glad everyone is safe and ok!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 03:09 PM
 
656 posts, read 1,020,106 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
I spoke to a local office rep yesterday. The ESC has went through most files to determine OP refunds so far. They have about 3K left to examine, I was told. I asked about the $11 I received and whether I would be refunded the 50% deduction. The $11 is an underpayment from back in Tier 2 and I was told I should receive the 50% and they should finish up next week some time.
I was also told that many will finish up their last tier in the coming weeks and that many won't go into EB if they aren't already in it. I am not sure why that is though.
The man I spoke with was very kind and joked with me. I do believe he manages this office for many years, as I have been there and met him.

PS Congrats to Opack on the new baby!
Congrats on the refund news!
Scary, scary thing... I'm set to go into EB when I certify this coming Sunday.
I just finished tier 4....(YIKES!!!)
Last I had heard was when I talked to a rep after she returned my call from an email I sent about 3 weeks ago. She told me my EB was on my claim and set for 20 weeks(she stated the amt.) and told me I didn't need to call in ect..., just to certify.
I was a little shocked this week when I filed .,it didn't say you've exhausted benefits or you have 2 weeks left or anything like it usually does.
I suppose I'll see what happens Sunday......
I'm more than a little freaked out if I don't recieve it and I'm FINISHED with no notice!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 03:19 PM
 
656 posts, read 1,020,106 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
I haven't heard anymore either. They did call me yesterday morning to let me know I got paid $224.. but when I questioned the rest, she had to talk to her super and get approval and would call me back. I even asked if I needed to call again and she assured me she would call me today.

No call. Oh well.

And you are absolutely right. The economy is a cluster FK if I ever have seen one BUT when I hold my babies and kiss them goodnight or see their smiling faces, it takes all the worry away!

Glad everyone is safe and ok!!!
I know you've told me this before.
However, Your currently in EB, right?
I thought you had said your a week or so ahead of where I'm at.
I just read where IredellLori said that a rep told her many would finish this week and not get to go into EB and now I'm having major panic.
I may have to call again tomorrow just to keep myself semi-sane until Sunday!!!
I was told my EB is setup on my claim and I should just keep filing.
BTW, when does your benefit year end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 03:30 PM
 
656 posts, read 1,020,106 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
With the election...I haven't heard too much more about this 2009 OP's. Anyone hear anything more?

I'm just expecting to see more OP letters in the mail now.

Oh, and thanks everybody. Tyler finally came out of the Special Care Unit late last night...and he and mom will hopefully be home tomorrow. And that is quite a coincidence KC...it's a great name. With losing my job and the stresses of finding another and dealing with the NCESC...it's amazing how insignificant that all becomes when you hold your baby for the first time. That's the way to cure the stress and anxiety, have a baby!
Well I'm so glad that their almost home
I wish the best for your whole family
My baby days are over., but I will get my first grandbaby March 1st(yay)
There weren't too many Tyler's around when we named our son way back then.
Love him with all my heart, but he's been a handful since he was born(lol)

Maybe I need to go find a baby to hold, since I'm now currently stressed over the possibility of NOT going into EB next week!!!!>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 03:35 PM
 
193 posts, read 257,200 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I know you've told me this before.
However, Your currently in EB, right?
I thought you had said your a week or so ahead of where I'm at.
I just read where IredellLori said that a rep told her many would finish this week and not get to go into EB and now I'm having major panic.
I may have to call again tomorrow just to keep myself semi-sane until Sunday!!!
I was told my EB is setup on my claim and I should just keep filing.
BTW, when does your benefit year end?

That freaked me out too!!! But I didn't have to call or anything. I just went straight into EB. I just got my 1st wk of EB. I think you'll be fine. My yr ends 2/27/11... what about u?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:01 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top