Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 03:56 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
That freaked me out too!!! But I didn't have to call or anything. I just went straight into EB. I just got my 1st wk of EB. I think you'll be fine. My yr ends 2/27/11... what about u?
Mine is Feb 6th.
I was a little surprised to see no 2 weeks notice when I filed these past 2 weeks.
Everything looks the same on my status ect... Nothing says your finished out of benefits or anything like that. I'm only going by what the rep told me 3 weeks ago(she called me back) and also my revision letter sept 22nd that says I'm eligible for EB at this (first year rate)
I know they have a TON of people theyhad to put into EB after the OP mess., I'm hoping that won't come into play when it's my time(ugh). I suppose I'll try to stay calm and not call.... I don't want another rep to burst my bubble after I got a nice one last time giving me the good news(lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 04:57 PM

193 posts, read 285,793 times
YEah i don't blame ya. But you should go into EB. I didn't get a notice or anything online, just the letter. Good Luck.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
YEah i don't blame ya. But you should go into EB. I didn't get a notice or anything online, just the letter. Good Luck.
((Thanks))
When did you get the letter?
After you started EB or the EB revision letter at the end of September?

Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 PM

46 posts, read 70,102 times
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare anyone. I only repeated what he told me. I don't know exactly what he meant by saying that. What I remember him saying is "You better consider yourself lucky that you're already in EB cuz when the tier ends for many, they won't be going into EB"
Maybe its for those that don't have money remaining based on the calculation they use??
Is he talking about the 20 weeks extension of benefits approved in June that ends in November??
Does EB go by jobless rate?

Again, sorry if I panicked anyone.

I just found this article dated today
Obama: 'It Makes Sense For Us To Extend Unemployment Insurance' - KHQ Right Now - News and Weather for Spokane and North Idaho |

Old 11-03-2010, 08:42 PM

193 posts, read 285,793 times
The revision letter. I didn't even know I was on EB until you guys started talking about it and I actually checked on my profile. I did notice today that some stuff were updated on my profile. I'm hoping they hurry and pay me the rest of the underpayment tonight. It would help ALOT. My hubby has 2 months left until they kick him out (medically). We just found out he has heart disease at age 28. Awesome. The Marine Corps has no use for him anymore. BUT when we move back to NC, I have a job lined up. SO, the sooner the pay me, the sooner I'll get out of here. I hate california!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:05 PM

330 posts, read 460,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare anyone. I only repeated what he told me. I don't know exactly what he meant by saying that. What I remember him saying is "You better consider yourself lucky that you're already in EB cuz when the tier ends for many, they won't be going into EB"
Maybe its for those that don't have money remaining based on the calculation they use??
Is he talking about the 20 weeks extension of benefits approved in June that ends in November??

Obama: 'It Makes Sense For Us To Extend Unemployment Insurance' - KHQ Right Now - News and Weather for Spokane and North Idaho |
i think EB is tied to unemployment rate, but i want to say that rate is maybe 8.5%. we arent even under 9.
and i've been wondering about whether when the November 30th or 27th date arrives, if you havent started the EB phase, is it lost to you?
i went back and looked for jdljr comments on EB around the time of the last deadline, before it was extended.

"If you're in your first benefit year, no problem on switching over to EB - have someone do a "B1 NIE" to build the EB on your claim (as long as you didn't have a disqualification on your claim - then you wouldn't qualify) when you exhaust the EUC tier you're in - IF the Senate has not extended the EUC program by then. If you're in your 2nd benefit year and received regular UI in the 2nd benefit year, you wouldn't qualify for EB."

WE have now NOT been approved for a 2nd benefit year. some people were. some people were as normal between January and June when WE shouldnt have been, and some were as normal after June.
also, not everyone has the same length Tiers. maybe one person got the full lengths and the next person got half, or somewhere in between.

without a disqualification in our claims, which i cant see if we all got UI through Tier 4 EUC, then it SEEMS like we'd get EB also.
anyone find anything that doesnt agree with that?
the reps could again be reluctant to make broad statements.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post

Oh No,
it's more than okay that you told us what he told you.
I just get freaky with everything nowadays(ha)
However ,I'd rather hear it here than get surprised by mail or when I file Sunday...ugh
I have no clue what he meant.
I think our state still has a high enough unemployment @9.6% to stay triggered on., Some may not qualify if they had an appeal .
I can't imagine they'd punish us by saying we collected UI in a 2nd year, when they're the ones that made that lovely mistake.
It could very well be that after the Nov. deadline they won't let anyone (start) EB...?
I really don't know what they'll do when that time comes.

If I'd have rolled into tier 2 on a pullforward and never qaulified for a new year, I'd be right where I''m at now and rolling into EB... so Hopefully that's just what will happen.
I may take a drive down to my local offfice tomorrow just to double check their screen.
I can't stand the wait on the phone and the NOT knowing what possble inconsiderate rep you may or may not get.

Jdljr had always told us bascially that if you gt UI and all the tiers if you didn't have any appeals on your claim you should be able to get EB if the state remains triggered on.
I do thankyou for posting the info.
I'm just one that always gets a little panicked

Old 11-03-2010, 09:17 PM

from jdljr shortly before he signed off, and after he told us about the Incident:

"It would be my guess that if the 2nd benefit year is reversed, then whatever should have happened before that would then happen, including a pullforward of any unused EUC or EB. Reminder, though, EB still can't be collected if there is a disqualification in the year that the EB is based off of.

As as you've eluded to, EB couldn't be pulled forward into a 2nd benefit year if someone had received regular UI in that 2nd benefit year. So I have sometimes told folks that NOT meeting the 6x rule was not necessarily a BAD thing, because if they had the new benefit year set up for them and collected regular UI they couldn't get their unused EB for which they may have qualified on the previous benefit year...whereas if they did not meet the 6x and qualify for the new, regular UI in the 2nd benefit year, they could still have their EB pulled forward. And sometimes it was more beneficial to folks not to meet the 6x rule, because their new weekly benefit amount in the 2nd benefit year was less than their previous benefit year. So getting the unused extensions, including EB, from the previous benefit year at the higher weekly benefit amount was better for them."

Old 11-03-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
The revision letter. I didn't even know I was on EB until you guys started talking about it and I actually checked on my profile. I did notice today that some stuff were updated on my profile. I'm hoping they hurry and pay me the rest of the underpayment tonight. It would help ALOT. My hubby has 2 months left until they kick him out (medically). We just found out he has heart disease at age 28. Awesome. The Marine Corps has no use for him anymore. BUT when we move back to NC, I have a job lined up. SO, the sooner the pay me, the sooner I'll get out of here. I hate california!
Well I hope they get that settled for you and your hubby soon! It'll be awesome if it's done tonite!

By the way, I understand totally what your going through with your hubby's health and I'm so sorry.
It's great that your coming back to a job in NC!!!
Your not the first person I've talked with that wants out of Cali!!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:21 PM

also:
"The bill signed in August extended the EUC program. For those that had already exhausted their Tier 1-4, it didn't do anything. It didn't add any money, only extended the expiration date of the program.

You should be able to transition into the next tier if it's before Nov 27th. If not, and if they don't extend the program, you would just finish whatever tier you're drawing from at that time, and then possibly be eligible for EB.

Not everyone who qualifies for the max automatically draws 99 weeks. EB is part of the 99 weeks, and if someone has a disqualification on their claim they would not be able to draw their EB, thus being capped at 79 weeks."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina