U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-05-2010, 04:57 AM
 
193 posts, read 257,890 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Thanks KC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2010, 09:58 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
Thanks KC!
(((HUGS))))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 03:02 PM
 
3 posts, read 4,345 times
Reputation: 10
Hello,

I AM LOST AND CONFUSED...

This is my second post here. I worked at Dell in Winston Salem for 3 years. I was laid off in November of 2009. My benefit year will end On November 20 2010. I called the NCESC Remote Service Center a few weeks back to get a few questions answered. Today, I also called back to make sure that the information I have is indeed correct, but now I am confused. Basically, my question is on the 20th of this month, my benefit year will end and I am on my Tier 2 EUC. The first customer service rep I spoke with a few weeks back told me that I will have to call back and they will start a new benefit year for me. I asked the rep if the payments will still be coming from the Tier 2 EUC since that is what I am on. The rep said no, it will be started over and that the payments I will be receiving will be slightly higher than what I am receiving now. The rep also said that there will be a waiting week. Now, when I called today, the rep told me that I would not have to wait a week, and just continue to file like I usually do, and also said that the payment amount will still be the same. Now I am confused. I just like to stay up to date on my paperwork and situation, but it's hard to do when I get two different answers.

Also, my wife who was also on unemployment did exhaust her original benefit year, she called the ESC, they reopened her claim and she started a new benefit year, and they told her that her payments will be higher and it was. She didn't have a waiting week, and they just told her to file her weekly claim and continue the weekly job searches. But now, 3 1/2 weeks into her new benefit year, she finally got a job and went back to work in retail management.

If someone could just give me a detailed and accurate answer, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 05:06 PM
 
656 posts, read 1,022,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by baht View Post
Hello,

I AM LOST AND CONFUSED...

This is my second post here. I worked at Dell in Winston Salem for 3 years. I was laid off in November of 2009. My benefit year will end On November 20 2010. I called the NCESC Remote Service Center a few weeks back to get a few questions answered. Today, I also called back to make sure that the information I have is indeed correct, but now I am confused. Basically, my question is on the 20th of this month, my benefit year will end and I am on my Tier 2 EUC. The first customer service rep I spoke with a few weeks back told me that I will have to call back and they will start a new benefit year for me. I asked the rep if the payments will still be coming from the Tier 2 EUC since that is what I am on. The rep said no, it will be started over and that the payments I will be receiving will be slightly higher than what I am receiving now. The rep also said that there will be a waiting week. Now, when I called today, the rep told me that I would not have to wait a week, and just continue to file like I usually do, and also said that the payment amount will still be the same. Now I am confused. I just like to stay up to date on my paperwork and situation, but it's hard to do when I get two different answers.

Also, my wife who was also on unemployment did exhaust her original benefit year, she called the ESC, they reopened her claim and she started a new benefit year, and they told her that her payments will be higher and it was. She didn't have a waiting week, and they just told her to file her weekly claim and continue the weekly job searches. But now, 3 1/2 weeks into her new benefit year, she finally got a job and went back to work in retail management.

If someone could just give me a detailed and accurate answer, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance.

OK, I will do my best. You will need to (try)to setup a new benefit year either by phone to the esc or online.
If you didn't have enough income (6x wage rule) during your first benefit year they will pullforward your left over benefits from your remaining first year of benefits,
For you, it would start right where you left off in tier 2.
If you had income say from a part time job throughout your first benefit year then you (may) be able to establish a new year., they'll let you know if you can establish the new year after you file.
(By letter or verbally if you call an speak to a rep)
Then and only then will you have a waiting week and your weekly amt. may or may not be more than what you recieve right now.

The fact that the last rep told you that you will not be able to setup a new 2nd year, could mean that she looked at the screen and could see that you don't have enough wages in the correct quarters from year one.
So when your ending date Sat Nov 20th comes, file online for a new year and then certify online that following Monday, more than likely you will keep on getting benefits without a break in weekly income recieving a pullforward.
You'll also recieve a letter around that time.

Now when the senate vote comes around at the end of this month, it's a whole new ballgame.
The euco8 extensions (tier) program is set to end on Nov 27th.
All of us would get to finish out whatever tier we're in and then (Possibly) be allowed to get up to 20 weeks of EB ( state funded money) if we have no previous diaqualifictaions on our claim.
Sounds confusing I know, this year has been a roller coaster ride for those of us recieving unemloyment benefits.

Hope this will help you out in some way., if not... you may want to head to your local office where they can pull your screen up and give you detailed info on your claim.

Goodluck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2010, 10:54 AM
 
39 posts, read 66,530 times
Reputation: 15
~75 weeks, got a new job.

couldn't have planned it any better!!!!!!

thank god for NC's "right to work" for a FAT vacation

the states gonna suffer if they keep letting companies "hire and fire" at will.

i can't wait to take all this free money NC gave me and LEAVE THIS STATE

good riddens!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 PM
 
193 posts, read 257,890 times
Reputation: 16
I wish it were a vacation. I haven't had one of those since 2005!

It's more of a pay cut and wish you get it the next week so you can continue paying your bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2010, 06:19 AM
 
39 posts, read 66,530 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
I wish it were a vacation. I haven't had one of those since 2005!

It's more of a pay cut and wish you get it the next week so you can continue paying your bills.
yea, your right, in reality, it does totally suck.

i was fortunate, i was working TWO jobs when i got fired, so my benefit amount was close to 90-95% of my normal full pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2010, 09:53 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
572 posts, read 1,408,537 times
Reputation: 490
Wilmington:

The Scotchman on Wrightsville Avenue is accepting applications, so is the Burger King on 3rd Street. Not sexy jobs but its work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
572 posts, read 1,408,537 times
Reputation: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboss View Post
~75 weeks, got a new job.

couldn't have planned it any better!!!!!!

thank god for NC's "right to work" for a FAT vacation

the states gonna suffer if they keep letting companies "hire and fire" at will.

i can't wait to take all this free money NC gave me and LEAVE THIS STATE

good riddens!!!!
That money wasn't free. It's mine and my neighbors tax money but we're glad to see you leave. One less leach, woohoo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2010, 12:59 AM
 
23 posts, read 32,740 times
Reputation: 10
How is it people are in their 4th tier? I started a new benefit year and currently near the end of my 2nd tier. Since there is a new benefit year, does that mean I'm not eligible for 3rd tier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top