U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 10:07 PM

330 posts, read 413,735 times

Advertisements

well you DID say that the letter said you didnt meet the 6x wages rule. i dont think that means youre ok for Year 2.
but Year 1, yes. until the 27th, like i said.

i only asked about the Ineligibility at the bottom because we've all received letters that appear to lay out everything you have coming, but at the bottom it says Ineligible. why break down a person's weekly benefit in the new benefit year if you arent getting it.

Last edited by rlincoln; 11-16-2010 at 10:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 01:55 AM

44 posts, read 57,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
well you DID say that the letter said you didnt meet the 6x wages rule. i dont think that means youre ok for Year 2.
but Year 1, yes. until the 27th, like i said.
I'm afraid that I don't understand the 6x rule - I haven't worked since being laid off & establishing my prior claim, so of course with no wages I haven't earned six times the average wage since my prior claim. How could I not be okay for the 2nd year??

Do I need to protest something? The letter was sent on 11/14 (I didn't get it until 11/16) so I have to complete any protest by 11/24.

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-17-2010, 02:32 AM

44 posts, read 57,934 times
I guess my primary concern is that NC ESC has taken away the remaining Tier 2 money (10 weeks left there) & bumped me into Tier 3 since the monetary determination letter states it's 13 weeks of benefits.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:28 AM

10 posts, read 16,580 times
Wow, called this morning got right through & only on hold about 10 minutes. Wish the conversation was that easy. The rep said she could only see the tier I was in & didn't know anything more than that. I was told I only have one more week in tier2. Which I was off 2 weeks. Not sure that happened. I had divided my total benefit amount by the weekly & got 10.8 wks. I read somewhere that on Tier2 you would end with a partial. Did that change? She told me to just keep filing & that I would roll into Tier3 since Tier2 ends before the November deadline. YEA! I guess...

When I questioned about my 2nd year maybe should have pulled forward she told me she could not see anything other than the Tier I was in & to just keep filing weekly. I then questioned how EB works & she told me I had to complete all Tiers before moving into EB. But sounds like from some of the post here that there were mistake & adjustments were made. How do you know who to trust on this stuff? If you get a rep that goes the extra mile then you may find out there was a mistake but in my case I have to trust the system works like it should. But, that scares me because I didn't get the message that I have 2 weeks left...or is that only when your benefit year ends. I thought it was at the end of each Tier.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:32 AM

83 posts, read 246,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove3y3s View Post
@nicolette I sorta think that's what happened to me. I sent an email last week, no response. Re-sent it today to see if I can get clarification. A friend of mine who was laid off at the same company a month prior to me is now in EB. She continued through the tiers her 2nd year with the same amount. Not sure Mine payments were lowered. She has not had to go in for a review either. Not sure if file online vs filing at the local office has anything to do with that or not. We both filed online.
Strange you didn't get the money in our account. When I certified for last week I read online that you just continue to file if you get a message that your benefits are exhausted & you may be eligible for EB. I assumed by that statement I wouldn't have to anything but continue with my weekly certification. Can anyone verify what really happens?Guess if I don't get an email response tomorrow, I'm gonna have to spend the day on the phone. I have never even gotten through...all I ever get is a busy signal. Is there a number other than what's listed on the website to call? I usually just email & within a day or two get a response back. Not the case this time.
FYI- I just checked my online profile. As of this morn, my profile does state that I'm eligible for EB at the same monthly rate I was getting in year 1. The higher rate. Now, I guess the money will be deposited w/in three days. Yes, the ESC rep didn't say anything to me on the phone about coming in to review anything, and it looks like it's setup right online now. Final step- let's see if the money gets deposited properly.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:35 AM

83 posts, read 246,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
I have NEVER gotten an email back from these people.. EVER. I have spent countless hours on the phone. it's crazy!!

Nicolette--- I automatically rolled into EB. Weird. Call them tomorrow and tell them someone told u to call in and ask for a manual entry so you will get paid.

I just want my money. lol.

HOPEFULLY, i'll wake up tomorrow and have the rest of the underpayment. We'll see. I was lucky to get the $224 2 weeks ago.. and the lady called me the day after saying "I processed ur underpayment..." I'm like yeahh .. a portion of it. THen she said "i'll call u back."

I'm not a bothersome person. I hate that I'm having to call or email a million times. I really do.
I looked at my online profile this morn and it says that I'm now eligible for EB at the higher year 1 rate. It never said that before, so apparently he did key in whatever yesterday to update my profile. Now, I'm waiting for this week's deposit, which should've been in my account yesterday. Have you been called in for review of work records or anything for EB?

Old 11-17-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelp View Post
I'm afraid that I don't understand the 6x rule - I haven't worked since being laid off & establishing my prior claim, so of course with no wages I haven't earned six times the average wage since my prior claim. How could I not be okay for the 2nd year??

Do I need to protest something? The letter was sent on 11/14 (I didn't get it until 11/16) so I have to complete any protest by 11/24.

Thanks for your help!
that IS indeed what they expect. that even tho you lost your original job, they want you to work a W-2 type job, not a cash under the table job, that paid you $4550 over the course of your first benefit year. could be part-time, or could be full-time that lasted 3 months or whatever.
that particular thing was NEVER told to me in any conversation with my local rep. if it was mentioned in the early parts of this thread, i'm not sure we got the distinction that it be a job, not that we were taking in money, because we were, but it wasnt from a job.

as far as the Tier you are in, i cant answer that. they would have to tell you that. maybe you got the letter early. maybe you arent where you thought you were. i would get confirmation.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 AM

193 posts, read 257,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
I looked at my online profile this morn and it says that I'm now eligible for EB at the higher year 1 rate. It never said that before, so apparently he did key in whatever yesterday to update my profile. Now, I'm waiting for this week's deposit, which should've been in my account yesterday. Have you been called in for review of work records or anything for EB?

Cool deal!!! Could you see your payment in the benefit payment history???? if not, I'd call them just for the hell of it.

ANd HAHAHAHAHAH! i'd like to see them try to tell me I have to be at their office on a date.. I'm in California. I'd go but ... they're paying for gas. lol.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 AM

193 posts, read 257,890 times
PLEASE tell me how for the past 2 months, I've been told "yes we owe you..$2100." NOW.. I spoke with the benefits control unit and she said "I spoke to my supervisor and she said you were paid correctly." I said "Noo. I wasn't supposed to get my 2nd yr. it was supposed to be a pull forward from my 1st." She said "well. .there was 2912 dumped into your "account" and if you divide it by 13, you got the 224. " I said "ok. but i was supposed to be paid 403 (my year 1 amount) as a pull forward." She said "sorry.. you are working now?" me- "nope" her- "oh sorry.. maybe something will come around soon!"

Old 11-17-2010, 10:05 AM

^good grief. how can you still be getting conflicting numbers/stories after all this time working on it. its been close to two months!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or